Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 11

Chennaya's POV

She grips my shoulder to keep me still and fiddles around with the hem of my shirt. I squirm underneath her touch knowing she's currently judging my choice of clothing. "There." Tara steps back to take a long glance at my whole body. "Pretty amazing. As always."

I can't help the blush that forms. "Shut up. I just need to look decent."

She rolls eyes at me before sitting back down on the couch. I follow her movements and sigh inwardly, feeling the nerves finally act up. The present, as in the current time, is going nice and smooth. I couldn't have been happier than right now. It all seems so sudden however.

"Oh god, it was him," I whisper to mostly myself ignoring my best friend.

"What?"

I give the ceiling a look then swivel my backside around so I can face her. "It was Niall!" I exclaim glad that I finally know who it was. "The person who said I'd never know I'm in love with him." That day - and specially that sentence - has been intensely bothering my conscience, riling up my feelings that are already all over the place. I can now sleep easily calmed by the thought of knowing who. Though it still surprises me how he used the word 'love'. It isn't like Niall to make such quick assumptions and I definitely don't see him as the type of person to fall in love right after meeting the girl.

Tara mumbles a word that sounded a lot like 'no' but Im not sure. "Pardon?"

She stares at me with two anxious buttons. "No it wasn...I mean are you sure?"

With a sigh I nod, almost having no doubt that I'm completely sure it's Niall. I instantly eye her face. "Why? Do you know something?"

"What?" she exclaims. "No I'm just- hey, there's Niall." She turns her attention to the sound knocking at the door. She gives me a hesitant smile while getting up to answer the person obviously my date.

I grin to myself. Maybe it's time to move on from Jarrod, maybe Tara's right, as she usually is. Though I don't need a guy to move on do I? Specially a guy younger than me. I mindlessly let my mouth hang open, stand up, and walk to the door in shock. When did I allow myself to become a cougar?

His loud cheerful voice breaks through my thoughts and I smile again. "Hello der Chey," he shouts the Irish accent slipping trough his voice and turning my insides to indescribable goo.

"Hey there blondie."

Niall's radiant toothy grin blares through the whole room though I'm sure smiles don't make any noise. I laugh to myself and gain weird looks from my best friend. I shrug then loop my arm through Niall's.

She smirks at me. "Have fun you two...don't get caught."

I roll my eyes and blondie casually laughs at yet comment. "Shall we?" I wonder.

"We shall!"

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


A light slender arm slides behind my back, gently grips the side of my waist, then slowly push me towards the nearest human body. I copy his actions, snaking my right hand around him. I let out a content sigh before resting my head on his shoulder. He touches the our temples together while slipping his fingers in between mine.

"What do you wanna do now?" His voice vibrates against my head causing a soft giggle to escape me.

"I dont know. What's there to do?"

Niall chuckles. "There's lots of things! But I don't think we can do them right now."

I nod understanding what he said. My eyes roll around the horizon which is fading into a blue purple shade and catch the bright sun dips down signalling that the day is coming to an end. It's an honestly beautiful sight but it means that my time with the lovely Irish man is almost over.

"Wanna go back to my place?"

His question startles me and I instantly shoot my head up realizing too late and our heads knock against each other. "Oh god, sorry!" I furrow my brows whilst examining his head searching for any damage. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean too." Biting back a laugh in the back of my throat threatening to come out, I straighten myself up.

Niall snorts. "No it's not yer fault. Im sorry if that question was like y'know what I mean. I don't mean it that way, I swear."

"No I know I was taken by surprise. Haha."

My shoulders slump when I notice I've ruined a perfectly good mood by being my stubborn self. I mentally groan. This is not how I want this date to end. I haven't enjoyed anything like this before and I'm lucky it gets to be with Niall.

Warm fingers intertwine with mine. The gesture calms me and we both continue to walk but I have no idea where to. I have been literally following him everywhere and though I attempt to squeeze it out of him I just end up with a bland 'somewhere'. Halfway through pleading I eventually gave up. If things were meant to go my way, they would've by then. I have been told to be fairly persuading.

The neighborhood we have been around feels familiar and I have a feeling I might be able to see the boys again. As soon as my eyes see the house I stop in the middle of my step. "What?"

"Here we are."

I chew my lip and find out that he has led me back to Tara's home. "I-I had a nice time, Niall."

He shows me his legendary grin and even though faint darkness has fallen, I can still catch the little shine in his soothing ocean eyes. "I'm glad. Maybe we could do it again?"

I can't help the colossal grin that appears on my face. "Of course!"

Niall places both his arms around me again and I happily oblige by cradling the back of his neck. I stretch upwards to reach those inviting soft lips, my eyes beginning to shut. I feel his embrace around me immediately tighten and he pushes me against me. This surprises me.

I hug back. We pull apart.

"Okay, I'll see you soon!" he yells out then steps down to continue his journey back to whoever he's going and leave me on the doorstep, massively stunned.

He didn't kiss me....
♠ ♠ ♠
So feel happy! I updated earlier :) Yay - over a hundred reads and 18 subs! Please please please please please give feedback. Love my readers!!