Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 20

Louis' POV

"Aaand," the director sings, "that's a wrap! Congratulations everyone!"

One of the crew members cheers, fist pumping the other and of course everyone else follows in suit. I decide to sneak behind Harry to leap onto his back then continue to wrap my legs around his waist, screaming. Most find it childish, shaking their heads at me, but the other boys clap with a glint of mischief in their eyes and I bow dramatically.

After the short celebration, the directors and his crew begin to gather the equipment, packing cameras away, folding up chairs and tents, all piling them into several vans lined along the street. The boys and I offer to help but, as usual, they refused persuading us that we need to rest to prepare for the flight back. It is useless as I know they wouldn't buy our arguments.

That is one of the things I absolutely despise about the management, the crew and everyone else who order us around. They also tell us how to live, informing us when we should sleep and rest, when we were allowed to go out - as if we are the more fragile human beings that ever set foot on this planet. They think that if we don't get our 'much needed rest' we wouldn't be able to move properly. It is difficult for us boys to do anything without, apparently, hurting ourselves.

Though there is a reasonable flip-side to not being allowed to help them; I am able to contact my soon to he girlfriend without any interventions. Everyone else is fairly busy packing and what not while four out of five of One Direction are distracted playing around.

I whip my phone out pressing the very first contact listed in it. Although it may be too early calling her my soon to be girlfriend - many things can happen in the span of one week but I have not given up hope. Yet. The dial tone seems to be running for longer than usual but I don't pay attention. After four attempts I eventually admit defeat promising myself that I'd call her again later.

"So," a voice speaks up. I jump to the right shocked by Niall's sudden presence. "Trying to call Chey huh?"

I exclaim, "Jesus Horan! You scared me. And yeah I was trying to call her. But she won't answer." I attempt to not start to feel annoyed that she isn't answering my calls as she knows it costs a fortune. I will never blame her for not calling back though - I am being a tad silly, over reacting and all. Niall's smirk frustrates me. "What?"

"Just bloody relax Lou. She's not answering," he pauses to check the time on his watch then chuckles, "maybe because it's one in the morning over there?" Sarcasm drips from each word and I try not to slap him. On the other hand, I deserve that massive slap. "God mate. Calm down. She might not let you be hers if you're this anxious. She'll think you're too touchy so she's gonna reconsider. For sure."

A deep sigh escapes me and I slip the phone back into my back pocket. Regaining my normal posture, I mull over what he said instantly clicking the pieces together. Niall is right - Chennaya will most likely be scared to answer me from how I've been acting lately. "Right, you're right."

Niall grins up at me placing a friendly hand on my shoulder. "Aren't you glad of my plan?" he says.

I nod enthusiastically the urge to embrace the life out my set friend bubbling up inside of me. "I can not thank you enough for that Ni," I mumble.

"Just do my washing, my laundry and cook me breakfast for a month and it'll all be paid off." His grin shows good ol' humor but I have no doubt that he wasn't joking. I grumble underneath my breath but don't do anything as I do owe it all to him.

I wouldn't be in this position if it isn't for Niall.

The day they decided to call of their young and blooming relationship, was the day I beged Chennaya to think about what I said. That was also the day we found out about Niall's idea which was his very own and how I thanked him for the rest of the day.

Their relationship was real, they both fancied each other but to a certain point. The whole drama notion of Niall being ashamed and guilty about dating his friend's love interest was also real. But it came to that day when he just wasn't able to handle the mixed feelings anymore and it bothered him to no end. The day he decided to go forth with the plan was when she realized the truth.

The truth that I'm hopelessly in love with her.

The day she came back from the trip with Tara was the day he chose to put his plan into action. Niall informed me of how I hadn't been acting like myself when they were still together and the forlorn tinge in my eyes when I saw them together - I couldn't help but blush at that ashamed of it all. So that was the day Chennaya came running up to me, stammering out what had just happened, telling me how she'd try, how she'd think about it. Even feeling guilty and feeling like a 'whore', she said.

That was the day fate had picked so I'd get my chance, my last chance. I'd been chasing after her for years and this is the year that I'd receive back that affection. At least, that's what I hope.

Something bright flashes sideways in front of my eyes, blindig me for half a second. I stop the light by reaching out to grab it. I blink several times feeling my blurry vision faze back to normal. As I pull back the floating phone, I see Niall smiling widely at me, showing me a row of perfectly straight teeth. "You got a text from her!"

I snatch the device away. "Okay..." I mumble unlocking it and laughing at my password - I can almost feel Niall rolling his eyes at me. The short five words in my text held my future.

Chey :*: I've made up my mind
♠ ♠ ♠
{Written on my iPod. Sorry!}

So...this story is reach its end - less than ten chapters more! Thank you to all who've been reading :')

Live while we're young!

Btw, check out 'Allstar Weekend' ;)