Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 22

Louis' POV

"That burger was mine!" Niall screams into my ear before unlocking his seatbelt to get up and reach the person beside me. I struggle to avoid their small fight over the food and try to wiggle myself from underneath the violent Irishman. 

Harry raises his right hand to slap away Niall's but accidentally smacks my backside. I emit a laugh sending over a suggestive smile to my best friend. "Don't distract me while I'm trying to take back my food," he explains with one wink.

I eventually manage to crawl from being beneath the smaller boy and steal his seat in the car. Harry and Niall begin a game of tug-a-war, I merely chuckle at their usual antics but Zayn and Liam say differently as they glare at the two oblivious boys. "Oh lighten up you two," I say.

A deep sigh comes from Zayn, he slowly takes off his seatbelt then out of the blue lunges towards the bickering boys. I move further away from them to avoid getting injured from the collision. I hear sounds of complaints and turn my head to see Zayn holding the burger to his lips, a look of triumph on his face.

The vehicle suddenly stops causing four of One Direction to fall forwards onto the floor due to our lack of seatbelts. "We're here," our driver announces as if it isn't obvious enough. I laugh along with the boys because our beloved chauffeur hadn't realized the illegal battle in his car.

After calming myself down, I make my way out of the car unable to wait for them anymore. I collect my luggage and other belongings from the boot, already heading towards the house I share with the boys. I twist my head back to yell, "Come on, hurry up!"

I receive a muffled reply and I turn back around a smile on my face. It quickly disappears as I realize someone sitting all alone on the porch. Feeling all the blood drain from my face, I swallow the small lump forming in my throat.

She gives me a sheepish smile. "Hi Lou."

"Hey," I reply with uncertainty. "Uhm.." I scratch the back of my head unable to pronounce words properly anymore. "We-Let me just...just wait for me and the boys to put our things back?"

Disappointment befalls her face but she nods. "Yeah sure of course."

"Come in," I say pointing my head towards the direction of the door.

"Do you need help?" I shake my head but, most likely because of the sudden surprise, when I lift my bag it becomes a ton heavier and Chennaya catches my hesitation. With a sigh I allow her to help, feeling all the masculinity I have left fade away. "You're so obnoxious at times," she snickers.

The other four eventually enter the house, their luggages being pulled behind, more laughter filling up the once empty place. They suck me into this little game of theirs unzipping my wheelie bag letting all my belongings spill out as they grab them and throw the materials around.

I jump up to reach my favourite pair of sunglasses causing my chest to collide with Liam's who is strangely having fun in this senseless activity. "Give it back you bastard," I mutter wrapping my hand around his thick neck.

"Jesus," he gasps ripping my hands from him. Liam turns me around so he is behind me. I feel a strong arm come around my head and he dips me down. My legs buckle as I realize I'm stuck in one of his infamous headlocks.

Chennaya walks up to me, gently pulling Liam's arms away without any force. "Come on lads. As much as I'd love to see you fight, Lou and I need to talk." The sunglasses fall onto the floor and I slap eagerly slap the taller boy.

Niall cheers, winking at me an Chey. I send a questioning stare to them asking for a few minutes of privacy. They grumble but oblige nonetheless, trudging out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"So.." I whisper. "What's the plan?"

"I've made a choice and I hope you don't mind." She places a palm on my cheek and I instantly feel them heat up. A laugh escapes her lips - ones that I would love to feel move on mine. God was listening to me and made my wish come true. A knot forms in the bottom of my stomach as I make the first move, kneading my lips against hers. Letting my hand fall down her back, stroking her hair in the process, she embraces me. Before my tongue can slip into her mouth - me being too eager - Chennaya pulls away.

I pull her closer by the waist. "No I don't mind at all." My eyes dart to the side, catching a flash of the boys' heads ducking back into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Akwidhjdlak finally!