Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 23

"I thought you were busy studying," Tara teases.

I sigh, rolling my eyes forgetting that we're having the conversation over the phone. As I speak I feel the same tingle on my lips. I have been studying science, specifically the chemistry between Lou and I. These things will not leave my mind and even if they do, they'll leave a residue of sickening romantic thoughts. "I've done studying. He's got himself a girlfriend too."

A gasp comes from the other end. "Our Will? But he's so.."

"He's not a kid anymore, that's for sure." We exchange laughs, wondering where time has gone. The years have swam through so fast, it's a surprise that I'm not old and wrinkly yet. "So coming over?"

She groans. "Yes I'm coming. Be patient love," she mocks. I hear the familiar beep coming through the phone leaving me with my thoughts. A pastime I've never been fond of. I place the device on the kitchen bench, eyes roaming around the room coming up with any food.

I promised them that I'd stay tonight and I didn't complain as they are really lovely company. Not simply because I wish to spend time with Louis. Even if we aren't dating I would've agreed to staying because we are close friends. Only if the circumstances are different. Which means that the events that occurred in the past fortnight didn't happen.

I jump off the bench, scavenging through the boys' cupboards, fridge and pantry, searching for possible dinner ingredients. After the small episode Lou and I shared, several films appeared in front of me waiting to be watched. I told them I'd prepare dinner before any movie marathons.

A full packet of pasta catches my eye and I reach out to grab it. I continue my challenge, trying to find the right ingredients to make my special ravioli.

I'm glad that at least one of the members in this house know how to cook. Otherwise, I'd have to force myself to go grocery shopping - not just for tonight but until the boys learn how to buy food. This is highly ironic considering Niall's extreme appetite.

"Need help?" I jump at the voice that came from nowhere and drop the spoon. I glare at the intruder but hopelessly fail as I eye his bubbly chocolate curls. "Sorry."

Waving off his apology, I turn back around. "Yes please." I feel his presence come from behind me before a large hand presses my lower back. "Harry? Can I ask you something?"

He hums reaching up to grab a jar from one of the higher shelves. "Yeah?"

After opening up the pasta, I place my palms down on the bench, composing myself. It probably is a little early to be worrying but with my position, I think it makes sense to doubt a little. "Do you think I made the right choice?" I lower my head before gazing sideways at him. His green eyes glance for a second at me. I swing the cupboard door open and take out a pot. I turn the tap on, filling the pot with water then place it on the stove.

"What do you mean?"

I laugh humorlessly. "You know what I mean Styles. Do you think it's fair to Niall? To Louis? I feel extremely guilty," I confess lowering my eyes once more.

He scoffs with a low chuckle. "Wow, Boobear has nice taste. I don't think you've done anything wrong, love. Besides Lou still wants you, he's still all over you. It was Niall's idea to bring you two together anyway. I think it's fate or something."

When it came from Harry's mouth, I begin to believe the words now floating in the atmosphere. Ringing in my ears. But when I try to convince myself, I always fail. "So I did the right thing?"

"That's your call." I sigh pouring the pasta into the boiling pot. "Did you look through the cupboards?"

I frown up at him. "Yeah why?"

"Did you see any popcorn packets?"

"No..."

Harry's eyes almost pop out of their sockets and he drags a hand down his face, looking like he's about to explode. He sends over a frustrated smile before running out of the kitchen. I hear loud aggravated footsteps above me. Screams are emitted about him accusing Niall of consuming all movie snacks.

I laugh their silly argument off turning back to the pasta. I mull over Harry's latest words of wisdom and pure honesty, attempting to sketch his reassurance into my head. This time I hope that I stop doubting after the conversation.

It takes the youngest one a while to come back down. In his hands are four packets of popcorn. A triumphant smile is pasted on his face. "He hid 'em. The bastard."

"That's Niall for you." I hear four extra voices laughing at my comment. In come the rest of One Direction, wide smiles upon their faces even after their long flight. Either the boys don't get jetlagged or something happened that triggered their brains to stay awake. "Dinner's ready." At the moment I place the finished pasta on seven different plates, the doorbell rings. "That's Tara."

I see a mysterious shine in Zayn's eyes as he announces that it's his turn to open the door. The lads and I snicker at his fail cover up. I feel sorry for the young boy though. Tara isn't one to take interest in younger people, no matter how attractive, and I know she didn't mean to lead the boy on.

Niall exclaims, "We're eating in front of the TV!"

As I commence picking the plates up, a hand stops me. I swallow at the touch but it's his lips against my ear, that send tingles down my spine. "Let me help, love."

"Okay," I squeak. Taking in a deep breath, I try to relax myself wondering when Lou has begun to affect me in such an alarming way.

We both carry the pasta filled plates and place them on the coffee table also adding forks next to each one. It isn't long until all seven of us are snuggled up against the couch, stretched over an armchair or comfortable on the floor.

Tara rests her head on my shoulder, wiggling closer towards me, sighing with pure content. I can almost feel the smile on her lips as the film starts earning a chuckle from me. Groans of disapproval escape from the boys when they realize the move Tara has picked.

"Shut up," she hisses gripping the remote to maximize the volume. In all honesty, she isn't particulary fond of the movie itself but rather the main character played by the attractive Channing Tatum.

Lou nudges my shoulder. I glance sideways at him expecting a smirk. Instead I see the sweetest pout and the most beautiful sad blue gems staring up at me. "What?"

"You're," he sniffs dramatically. "You're not cheating on me with him are you?"

I laugh quietly. "Are you sure you're older than twenty?" I receive a light slap on the arm and I'm about to react with a brilliant smart comment but am interrupted by lips planting a small kiss on mine. Damn you, bloody Tomlinson.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a cute filler :3