Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 24

Louis' POV

"Be my baby, and I'll look after you.." I unplug my earphones and roam my eyes over the wall above the television. The time isn't soothing me in any way, even one of my favorite songs isn't able to.

Usually I would've loved for the time to be passing by so slowly. When I will not have to worry about running out of time, having longer days and simply enjoying what I do without being concerned.

With the time so slow, I won't have patience to stay and laze around in my bed all day but rather be forced to step out of my door. Walk around or at least do something fairly productive. Careful time, is my favourite.

This time though, it's different. I hate it.

I could change plans and drive to her place instead of meeting up but nobody would be home. They would both be at the university. And I don't really think waiting outside on her porch looks good. As enthusiastic as I am, I don't want to seem desperate.

I rake my fingers through my hair, not concerned about it. My hair is generally in a messy style anyway. Grabbing the remote, I sit up on the couch, lowering my head to scrutinize my attire. Black v-neck and red pants. Even though it isn't anywhere near formal I still want to be presentable.

I stare at the screen not bothered to pay attention to what channel is on. I don't realize that someone has stepped into the room until a familiar voice speaks up, "Lou? I thought you went already."

With a sigh I look up at Harry. I pat the space next to me and he easily obliged. "I still have ten minutes to wait."

"You look so stressed." He snickers.

"Thanks." I roll my eyes. "Your concern does so many things for me."

He flashes me that dimpled smile of his. I'm tempted to poke him and eventually do anyway. It isn't a surprise how girls are so attracted to dimples - they're fun to be around. "Stop it," he whines.

A new thought enters my mind and I jump from the seat, racing towards the kitchen. I casually stroll back into the living room with a rose in my hand. Harry frowns up at me. "Is that what you're giving her? One rose?"

Before sitting back down I flick his nose with the stem. "Yeah she isn't into gifts on dates that much."

"Yet," he says, "you're planning on buying her a car?"

I look blankly at him, blinking repetitively. "Uh...excuse me?"

Harry grins mischievously at me, sighing in contentment. "You think you can hide it from me?" He strokes his chin playing with an imaginary beard.

I pull on the invisible excess piece of facial hair, earning a green eyed glare. He slaps my hand away but I continue touching the 'beard'. After another tug, Harry shoves me down onto the couch, placing a knee on either side of my legs.

Kicking my legs trying to topple him off, I reach up to catch several strands of his curls. His fingers find my side and begins tickling. My hands drop from his head only to try to push his hands away.

"Stop!" I shout, slapping his chest. "Stop Hazz!"

He chuckles moving forward so he's straddling my waist. "Only if you say I'm fitter than Chennaya." Once he realizes I'm gasping for air, he tickles me harder, his fingers digging into my flesh.

"No...rape! Rape!" I scream.

"Harry," someone exclaims. I turn my head to see a smirking Niall leaning by the door. "If Chey finds out you're using her to know which gender you really prefer, she's going to flip."

Ignoring his crude comment which I usually would've joked around with, I glance up at the clock for the hundredth time today. My eyes widen at the sight knowing I would be five minutes late. I angrily shove Harry off me and snatch the rose from the coffee table. "Thanks so much Hazz," I snap slamming the front door behind me.

I hurriedly slide into the driver's seat, frantically turning the ignition on and being shocked at the sudden life of the engine. The revving of the vehicle morphs into a familiar hum and I try to relax. Breathe, Louis.

The drive to the mentioned cafe only takes five minutes but that would mean I'm several minutes later than before. Surprisingly, finding a decent parking spot isn't difficult. There aren't large crowds so I'm glad for that. The coffee shop she chose is perfect - it doesn't earn a lot of attention.

I enter the cafe soothed by the warm aroma of caffeine. No prying eyes meet mine as I search around the perimetre for the right person. I instantly spot Chennaya propped against a corner booth, a large book in her hands. I make my way around the other tables sharing smiles with strangers.

"That doesn't look like a novel you'd enjoy," I point out. Her eyes meet mine and she shows me a gorgeous smile. I falter almost forgetting about the gift behind my back. I hand her the rose before taking a seat in front of her.

She frowns at the object in my hand but takes it nonetheless. "It's because it isn't a novel," she says matter-of-factly. "Lou you know how I feel about flowers."

"Oh please we all know you're a secret romantic." A shade of crimson appears on her cheeks while she places the book inside a worn out looking bag. "How was your day, love?"

"It was okay. Uni isn't fun, at all." I crack a smile. "What about yours?"

With a wink I say, "Much better now." I stare at her, not to raise uncomfort but to mull over a thought that has been on replay in my head. She lowers her gaze tracing circles on the table. "Love? I'm going to ask you a question and you have to answer with the truth."

Chennaya raises a brow and places both forearms on the table, one on top of the other. "Try me." The same cheeky smile kisses her lips.

"That night when-when the boys and I slept over Tara's," I pause studying her reaction, "did you really dream about me?"

Several emotions flutter across her face. She frowns at me, her lips pursed in one tight line. A few moments pass by before her tight expression relaxes. Though it isn't a good relax - her lips part, eyebrows softly scrunching up and face pale.

I immediately regret ever asking her that question. It isn't my intention to place her in such an awkward situation. It's just that, that night has been constantly coming back to haunt me. Curiosity eventually bit me on the backside.

"Yeah I did." Chey scratches the back of her neck. "I don't think it's appropriate to talk about though."

The latter part of the sentence strikes me. I creep my fingers across the surface of the table and clasp our hands together. I raise my eyebrows suggestively at her.

She smirks. "Don't get any ideas Tomlinson."

"I always knew you find me attractive." Chuckling, I rub the back of her hand. "Drunk Chennaya told me so." Another blush seeps into her skin and before I can say another cheeky comment, my ringtone interrupts me.

"Mum?" I ask surprised. I hear unnatural sounds coming from her end. It takes me a while to realize that someone is sobbing. "Mum!?"

She sniffs. "L-Louis. Something's happened to Lottie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger...!!