Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 26

Louis' POV

"What happened Lou?"

I have the urge to punch him because of his question. Though that wouldn't make any sense or be mature of me. Instead I continue opening my closet and drawers grabbing any material I can hold before shoving the clothes into the bag in my left hand.

The news has stricken me and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I haven't been this panicked since waiting for Chennaya's decision. But this is my sister we're talking about. The moment my mother told me she's in hospital I wanted to scream and rush out of the cafe.

Zipping up the bag, I face Harry and send him an apologetic smile. "Sorry Hazz, I'll be gone for a few days. Lottie's hurt so I'm going to Doncaster. Can you tell the boys? Make sure Liam doesn't go all crazy. And take care Chey will you? Oh god do yo-"

His hand clamps over my mouth. "Yes Louis I will. Stop rambling. Now, what happened to Lottie? She alright?"

"I-uh." I run my fingers through my hair. "She's in hospital. She fell off a tree. Damn trees," I mumble. He stares at me as if I've committed a crime. "What? I'm not going to go chopping down trees now okay?"

An obnoxious laugh escapes from him. "Calm down Boobear."

Thank goodness I don't slip as I scramble down the staircase in a hurry. I hoist the bag onto my shoulder while I creep around the living room searching for my sunglasses. I finally find them hidden beneath the seat of a couch. If Liam finds out how lazy I am about putting things back where they belong, I'd be in trouble.

I unlock the front door extremely grateful that the paparazzi have no idea where the boy and I live or where Chennaya is staying at. I assume everybody already knows about her and I but we haven't gone out in public too often yet, so we're safe for now.

After putting my bag into the passenger seat, I feel someone jump me from behind. His legs wrap around my waist as his arm almost suffocates me from holding on too tightly. Eventually catching on that I would be choked to death, he hops off.

I turn around to catch Harry wiping an invisible tear away with a faux sad expression upon his face. "You're a bloody idiot, Hazza."

"But you love me for it. Not as much as you love Chey. But you still love me," he rambles. I poke his dimples as it has begun to become a certain habit of mine. He slaps my hand away to pull me into an embrace. "Hopefully Lottie gets better soon. Say hi for me?"

I slowly nod then jog to the other side of the car. "Oh and if any of you touch my things...I'll know." The threat noticeably works on him when truthfully, due to my lack of cleaning abilities, I'll never find out. "Take care of Chey!" I exclaim before driving out of the driveway.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


One single building has never seemed so intimidating before. The sun is behind the hospital, causing its shadow to crawl over me. I look up and stare at the windows knowing that my sister is probably behind one of them. And the thought tightens the knot in my lower stomach.

I enter through the sliding doors, leaving the strangely haunting outerwalls. The interior isn't any better - with its plain furniture, white paneled lights and the lazy attempt to liven up the pale monotonous coloured walls with a few diagrams here and there - and the staff and patients aren't any better. Fake smiles and grim expressions.

And people wonder why I find the hospital disheartening.

On my way towards the reception, nobody even gives me a second look and I'm glad for that. Attention isn't what I crave for right now. I place my palm on the desk tapping a few times waiting for my turn.

The nurse eventually gazes at me and I feel her eyes raking over my entire body. "How can I help you?"

"Um, Lottie Tomlinson?" It hurt me to even say her name outloud. I don't know why I'm acting so pathetic. She merely received a few injuries; it isn't like she's in a fatal position, right?

Her piercing eyes stare me down before pursing her lips together. She whips out a folder containing several sheets of paper. "And you are?"

"Louis," I say almost snapping. "Louis Tomlinson. She's my little sister." I take a deep breath before I even begin to shout at the lady to hurry up. I've been dying to see Lottie ever since my mother told me about the accident and no nurse is going to waste any more of my time. But of course, I'd have to be patient.

After what feels like a whole hour she finally looks up. "Room 64." Not bothered to thank her, I hurried away to the mentioned room.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


My mother places a finger to her puckered lips as a signal for me to not say anything. In short: to not panic as soon as I catch sight of Lottie laying hurt beneath the white hospital sheets.

Before taking a look at my younger sister, I turn back to her. "I've missed you mum," I mumble. She smiles softly up at me before wrapping me into a tight embrace. I gladly reciprocate the hug, burying my face into her hair. Most people would laugh at me for being such a gentle son but it isn't always so bad to be a mama's boy. How can people even blame me - I rarely am able to see my family any more.

"Oh Boobear, I'm glad you're here."

I slowly pull away. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Lou? Is-Is that you?" My mother's eyes widen and I immediately turn around to meet gazes with the girl who just spoke. "It is!" A bright smile appears on her face as she motions for me to get closer.

I oblige. I'm careful not too touch her lower body though, as that's where she's most affected, but I envelope her small figure within my arms.

While stroking her hair, I remember when I always had time for my sisters. When they would always beg for me to play with them and I would usually agree even if it was something like a tea party. Now I absolutely cherish the rare moments I get to share with my family.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to catch you love," I say. Her grin doesn't fade as she shakes her heads and she simply plays with my hair. "How're you feeling?"

With a sniff, she replies, "I'm good. Only a few broken bones. Hurt my head daily badly though." Lottie points to the bandage wrapped around her head with a silly grin on her face. She has been like that since childhood. Always positive and never letting things affect her too deeply. "You came here alone?"

As if to check of she's correct, I twist my head to look behind me. "Yep." She frowns. "I invited Chennaya but she thought it would be selfish and rude to come with me."

Curiousity illuminates from my sister's eyes and she leans forward as if I'm going to whisper the next words. "How is she? I miss her, ask her why it would've been rude to come- wait why not the boys?"

I swallow down a breath stuck in my throat. I feel a palm on my lower back and my mother bends down. "Because they're dating." I glare at her but she continues on to smile as if she's done nothing wrong. "Well it's true isn't it?"

A squeal escapes from Lottie's mouth as the curiosity morphs into pure excitement. "So she finally realized she loves you back? Why didn't she come and see me-as your girlfriend?" For a young girl confined in a bland hospital room, she is terribly joyous.

"Because she thought it was rude. Which, frankly, I don't understand." Lottie laughs at my frustration. "And you shouldn't be worried about my love life. You should be resting."

"But you woke me up," she snaps. "Stop being such a big brother, Lou."
♠ ♠ ♠
Errr....