Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 27

Chennaya's POV

I can still feel Harry's smirk on me as I bend down. With a disproving shake of my head, I place my notes and pen back inside the worn out bag - always grimacing at its state but too lazy to buy a new one. I slide my hand through the strap, hanging it on my shoulder before standing up.

If it isn't Harry's eyes on me it would be the rest of the class'. Whispers, mumbles, here and there. Once I'm out of this room I know for sure I'd be their next favourite subject to talk about. What, with a boy band member taking me away from class, and all.

As I walk down to the door, I catch gazes with my professor whose glare could burn my eyes off. "Goodbye Chennaya," he grumbles. With a last smile at him, I swiftly head through the door, lightly punching a smirking Harry.

I slip my hand through his entwining our fingers together because I like teasing him. He is one heck of a charmer. So I'd like to get even with him and his overboard adorable dimples. He squeezes his hand around mine. I lead him around the corridors until we reach the main door.

Once I tug him outside the building, I press my back against the wall, cradling my bag before its bottom decides to break. His grin still hasn't wavered and it may be a disease to be smiling that often. "Okay. What is so important that you had to pull me out of a class I may end up failing and not be able to wait until I finish today?"

He chuckles, clearly finding my frustration amusing. "It's about your lover."

I roll my eyes. "Couldn't you at least have waited until you weren't famous?" In a joking manner, I examine my nails as if I was serious about the question. "I mean my class was basically gawking at you then did it to me."

"You don't like attention?" He smirks. "And besides, my fame helped me pull you out of class. As conceited as that sounds."

"I don't like attention when I don't need it. And you are a bloody egotistical idiot. Those curls are getting too straight." We stare at each other for two long seconds before laughter escapes us. Harry still fiddles around with his hair making sure it's curly enough. "So what does Louis want?"

He clears his throat. "He wants you to go to Doncaster. Which, I think, is highly unfair since I'm the best friend while you're just the girlfriend. Best beats girl any day."

Lightly laughing at his statement I take in his words. My eyelids flutter close as I rub both my temples. Leaning against the brick wall at least helps me while I mull over my thoughts. My own boyfriend gives me a bigger headache than a university class.

I should've known. Louis is a sweet and understanding person but stubborn all the same. I should've known that he would think about what I said but reconsider and go against me. It's exactly like that time he texted me endlessly even after the many times I ignored him. Just because he wanted me to think about his feelings.

Maybe he's as excited for me to meet the Tomlinson family again, as I am. But he doesn't seem to grasp the concept of rude. I label being introduced as his girlfriend while his younger sister in hospital, very inconsiderate. The attention is meant to be on Lottie, not Lou and I.

"Oh god," I whisper. "I'm going back to class. Tell him I can't do it."

Harry sighs. "Why not?"

"Hazz, we already talked about this earlier. He agreed with me and I know he's extremely stubborn but I didn't think he'd keep bugging me about it." Groaning, I drag a palm down my face.

"What's the problem with going to Doncaster?"

I laugh bitterly. "Okay I'm gonna ask you something. What if Gemma was in hospital and you wanted to see her? Would you also bring a girl with you to introduce her?"

Several emotions flash in his green eyes before he says, "Well I don't think Gemma would mind. Specially if she's also friends with the person and would be happy to see her again. No I think it would be okay. Gem would probably be more than ecstatic."

"Oh go-"

Another smirk takes over his lips. "It'd probably even help her get better...sooner." He runs a tongue over his bottom lip. "Okay I'll tell him you'll think about it okay?"

"Thank you Hazz! If I were the one who called him I'd probably give in. Do you know how difficult it is to fancy such a bloody adorable boy? It is hard, lemme tell you."

"And he whines a lot." He smiles down at me. "Okay I'll call him. Go back to class now." After hoisting my bag on my shoulders again, I walk back into the building. I flip him off hoping that nobody would catch that little gesture.

The rest of the day swims by in such a fast pace. It doesn't take long for me to come up with once conclusion: that god is deciding to punish me. Once the day is over I'd have to face the voice of an angry Louis. Another argument and it hasn't even been a week into our relationship yet.

Relationship.

The word still sends a tingle along my spine. It is unbelievable that after all those years Louis has spent pining over me - or as he and the rest of the band claims - it's just now that we're full adults that he's taken onto that.

And in those years I've known him and been close friend's with him, I never had a single clue that he could have feelings for me. And for the last three years, he belonged to a worldwide famous band that millions of girls ache for. I wasn't one of those girls and still, I'm the one he chose. It seems pretty unfair from my point of view.

"Hello? Is Chennaya still in there?" A hand waves back and forth in front of my eyes. I swipe my best friend's hand away.

"I'm fine. Just wondering. Which I think is a very bad habit for a twenty one year old."

She simply smirks, opening the car door and sliding in. I eagerly mirror her movements climbing into the passenger seat and placing my half broken bag onto the floor. "Do you think it's fair Lou chose me over his dedicated fans?"

Tara laughs. "What's gotten into you? No not really but he's been in love with you way before X Factor."

"And you knew!?"

"No, not until you stayed over his house. He gave some pretty obvious clues then." She drives out of the campus' parking lot. "But I've always had this feeling about you and him. He just seemed so comfortable around you. It was scary."

I mull over her opinion finding real sense in it. "Huh. How weird." There was an awkward silence which was abnormal but maybe it was because I was keeping something to myself. "Well Harry came by today. Louis told him about me not wanting to visit Doncaster with him."

"Oh," she says flatly. "Then go with him. He obviously seems desperate enough. And I'm sure Lottie won't mind. You're being paranoid, Chey."
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler...do you think Chennaya's being silly?