Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 29

Chennaya's POV

Thank god it's Friday. I'm completely relieved that the second week back to university is over. So relieved that I may even end up replaying Rebecca Black's 'Friday' on the way to hospital. I shudder from the thought of listening to the song.

Since Louis left to drive back to his hometown Tuesday, he's been asking for me to run after him. He even managed to persuade Lottie into calling and begging for me to do it, either that or she actually wanted us to reunite.

Of course I had have to wait until the weekend. And today it's Friday so now I'm driving the two hours to where Louis is. It's also the day when my phone would be free of ignored text massages and an infinite list of missed calls from none other than my lovely boyfriend himself.

"You ready?" Tara asks sliding out of the driver's seat.

I pull the sunglasses hanging from the collar of my shirt to use it, perching it on the bridge of my nose. After one last glance of the interior of my best friend's car, I climb out of the vehicle. A feeling of joy courses through my veins as I more than happily jogged towards the back to collect the bag.

I slip my hand underneath the back and hear the familiar click of the boot unlocking. Reaching over, I pick up the bag and hoist it along my shoulder. For a bag only carrying miscellaneous such objects needed for two days, it's fairly heavy.

Tara and her belongings, I think to myself.

Wasting no more time, I join my best friend whose frustration is clear upon her face as she tries to pry the car key out of the ignition. I watch her in mild amusement wondering how she can even own a car with her silly antics.

After what seems like a whole fifteen minutes of waiting, an exaggeration of fifteen seconds, Tara emits a relieved sigh. I snicker and she pulls herself into the joke, laughing wholeheartedly.

"I'm ready," I announce, looping my free arm with hers, as we walk through the front entrance of the hospital.

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


Everything is exactly the same. The double bed set in the left corner of the room is covered in Louis' favourite sheets - a simple blue and white pattern. Two red pillows, contrasting with the bed covers, are propped up against the black frame.

Beside the bed is a bedside table and above that, is the only window in his room. The last rays of the day streams through the revealed window, same red curtains pulled aside. The glass pushed up letting a cool breeze flow through.

The pale walls are freckled with several posters and picture frames. Not one of the parts in this room has changed. The furniture as I remembered it, the same homely scent with a hint of sweetness and similar lived in aura.

I sigh grazing over the room with my eyes. It seems as if I've flown back to the past, reliving my late childhood days and teenage years. The time when I first met Louis and got to know him. Now we are more than friends.

"So can I put my bag here?" I wonder placing the spoken of object on the end of his bed. "Okay, fine don't answer me."

After two more seconds I feel a pair of arms lock around my waist. I turn around to find his lips curved up into a million dollar smile. He leans forward, placing his forehead against mine and our noses touch.

I say, "Sappy much?" A chuckle escapes his lips before they crash onto my own. I melt happily into the kiss, enjoying his mouth molding against mine and his body enveloping me, more than anything else in the world. His hands trail down to the back of my thighs and I reluctantly oblige by wrapping my legs around his waist. He grips my thigh as he carefully sits both of us down onto his bed.

My fingers twist into the roots of his hair, making myself comfortable on his lap. His hands continue to roam the length of my body, traveling up and down my torso and rubbing soft circles on my legs. Louis forces his tongue into my mouth not even pausing for my permission. Being twenty one years old can feel so good.

I bite down on his bottom lip when a hand creeps beneath my shirt. He merely moans taking my action in the wrong way and removes his lips from mine to plant soft kisses along my jaw. My eyes flutter close from the mild pleasure but I quickly regain myself and place my palms on his chest.

"Chey," he groans exploring my neck area. I push him back giving him a look of disbelief. His brown eyebrows scrunch up together. "What's wrong?"

I laugh at his dullness. "Oh god, you're so adorable when you act all innocent."

He blinks several times realizing only after a minute what I had just said. For someone who cracks jokes each second, he's fairly slow. Just the norm for Louis Tomlinson. He smiles down at me, catching my bottom lip with his teeth. I roll my eyes, acting like it hasn't affected me.

"Lovebirds!" That's the scream that makes both of us turn, to see a grinning Tara. "Oh, am I interrupting something?" she asks, raising a brow in curiosity.

I shake my head, sliding off Louis' lap but his arm stops me. He pecks the top of my nose, before placing a sweet kiss where it should be. I hurriedly scramble off him before I'm unable to control myself and attack his lips like before.

He reaches for my hand, pouting, and I chuckle. "C'mon Lou," I order slapping his arm away. "Weren't we gonna visit Stan?"

At the sound of his best friend's name leave my lips, the upset facade vanishes and he leaps onto his feet. He pinches his fringe between his fingers, adjusting his hair before slightly shaking the strands into place. "Yeah we were!" he yells grabbing my hand and pushing Tara out the bedroom.

We arrive beside the front door, watching Lottie go down the stairs with two crutches stuck under her armpits. She flashes us a smile and waves. "Have fun out, guys. Wish I could come."

"Me too," I exclaim. "When we get back you better be healed, love." She simply laughs giving each one of us a one armed hug since the other is covered in a white cast and inside a sling.

We eventually head out only to be confused with which car to take. Tara suggests that we use hers since it wouldn't attract as much attention as Louis' expensive ride will. I walk towards the passenger door but stop as I heard bickering.

"I'll drive, Tara. You must be exhausted," he states.

She wipes a strand from her eyes and I watch the two in amusement. It's true that I do really mind the fact that they argue almost everytime we are with each other but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the banter. "I'm perfectly fine. I'll drive."

He shoots out a tan arm to stop her from opening the driver's door. "No I insist." She opens her mouth but, as usual, he cuts her off. "Just let me bloody drive will ya?"

"No," Tara snaps. "If you drive Chennaya's gonna sit next to you and do you know what that means?" He frowns uncertain and she turns to me, eyes growing with frustration. "It means that you two will be holding hands and kissing and I'll have to watch you two drool over each other."

I laugh at her accusation. It could possibly he true but I don't give her the satisfaction by agreeing. She turns back to Lou. "Chey loves sitting up front so when I drive you'll be sitting separately. Which means my eyes won't be tortured, ha!"

Louis shakes his head, chucking. "You are unbelievable."
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter????