Status: completed || being heavily edited and may have some slight alterations

Your Reason to Be

Chapter 6

Louis' POV

Tara's intense glare forces me to look down at the packet of cookies I'm currently feasting on. Is she really mad? We didn't mean to disturb her house or make her feel like her privacy is being destroyed.

Earlier today the guys and I were looking for Chennaya, because somehow I forgot I had her phone number, and whilst searching we happened to stumble upon Tara's house. I've known her as long as I've known Chey so it wasn't difficult to find the set of hidden keys. It was in her favourite flower pot.

Us five decided to let ourselves in, not even thinking about Tara's reaction. We thought she'd be quite amused but right now, that's not what her fierce expression is telling me.

"Tara," I begin, "I didn-"

Before I finish talking, her lips form into a slight smirk and it looks like she's trying hard not to crack up. I roll my eyes and throw a cookie at her. "What was that?"

I smile. "That was called revenge."

She reaches into the lolly bag she's holding but Chennaya comes up behind her. "Don't!" she screams snatching the bag out her best friend's grasp. "As much as I'd love to see you two in a food fight, I bought these to eat. Not to decorate your house."

Niall jumps up from his seat. "She's right! You guys can't waste food," he says in his usual fine Irish accent.

"Fine." Tara sighs before eyeing me with a cheeky glint. I translate that into 'this isn't over yet Tomlinson'. Our friendship has always been based on a slight competition. Chey isn't fond of it but we find it hilarious. "Let's go watch a movie."

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥


I blink a couple more times so my eyes can adjust to the darkness. As I lift my upper torso to sit up, a heavy arm stops me. I look at the owner and see Harry with his mouth wide open and his arm enveloping me. I chuckle before gently removing it.

A soft dim light coming from the hallway helps guide me towards the kitchen. I open the fridge completely forgetting the blinding brightness that would result in opening it. I'm temporarily blinded for a second.

Once I've gulped down a glass of milk, I pour some more then head back to the living room. I let my body cover a whole armchair and snuggle myself against the softness. Chennaya is resting just beside my feet and I watch her sleep, counting the rise and falls of her chest and just gazing at her serene figure. This might be creepy but I like to call it appreciating the beauty in life.

Beside her is where my spot is, next to Harry. Whose leg is carried by Niall's stomach. He rest is just sprawled on the floor wherever an empty space is. I notice Tara, mysteriously, burying the back of her head against Zayn's chest.

I smile. They would make a good couple. You know what they say, opposites attract.

When I sip the last bit of milk, Chey stirs beneath me. She mumbles my name with a frown forming.

I tap her shoulder with my big toe. "Yeah?"

"Louis? Wha-" Her eyes don't open but I realise they're moving frantically hidden under the eyelids. Then it hits me. Chennaya is currently dreaming about me. It takes a couple more seconds for that fact to sink deeply into my mind. How? "Yes," she whispers.

I gaze down at her face. One minute she's frowning then a small smile plays on the corners of her soft lips. Am I the one making her smile? I smile myself.

"Louis, I-I...yes please...ugh." She gives a light groan. The sounds confuse me as she isn't in pain but still strained.

The next words flowing from her lips are muffled with long breathy sighs and moans. I am tempted to wake her up, curiosity seething slowly along my mind, then she stretches out her body with her fingers frying the side of the blanket.

A heavy half squeal, half scream escapes her lips. I quickly put the empty glass down and shake her awake.

"Chey!"

Her eyes immediately pop open and she slaps my grasp away. "Louis!"

"What's wro-"

"Louis? Louis!?"

I stare at her in confusion. "What?"

Chennaya's glare burns through me and I purse my lips. She lets out a loud groan, throwing her hands around in frustration. "Why'd you wake me?"

"Why? Because you were talking in your sleep and making sounds and I got scared," I explain. "Were you having a good dream?" Before she answers I, with my slightly cocky self, decide to add in, "Cause I heard my name a couple of times."

Even in the dark I can still imagine her blushing. She would always twist her head to a side, with her focus on the ground and her lips pressed tightly together. Yes, I pay attention, so what?

"I-I don't know Lou. I'm not sure if it was a nice dream or a nightmare okay?"

I scratch my head. "What? You don't make sense."

"Never mind. I don't understand myself either."

A new voice joins in our conversation and we switch our concentration to a tired Tara. "Could you two please be quiet? People are sleeping, if you missed that fact."

Chennaya sends me another death stare then with a huff, lies back down to rest. Tara, on the other hand, winks my way. "I know your secret," she whispers before turning away.

What?
♠ ♠ ♠
Afjksnsvunduif I don't know I just love this chapter okay? :)

<3