It All Started With A Smile

Chapter 11

Jack followed me to Arizona. You have no idea how much I hate him. He cheated on me a lot of times. I broke down that night. I didn't tell Garrett or any of the guys about it. I kept it all a secret. It hurts. I was still dating Garrett. My mom is dead and I hated almost every part of my life. Well, the only thing I love about my life now is Garrett and my band. I let out a deep sigh after thinking all about this. I don't ever want my past to come back and haunt me. I haven't written a song for about 2 months and it's all fine with me. Same goes with the band. And with that, I decided to write a song. But I don't think I should write it down here.
//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
I woke up the next day and saw Garrett in the dining table discussing things with the rest of my band mates. They all looked up at me at the same time and smiled faintly. There was something wrong once again. Why does this keep happening to me? I know we left San Francisco 4 weeks ago and then Jack comes and knocks on our door. Ugh. What more can I ask for?

"Good morning, darling", Garrett said as he stood up and gave me a good morning kiss.

I smiled and told him the same thing and sat down and ate my breakfast.

"So, what have you guys been discussing while I was still asleep?", I asked.

"Oh, nothing. We just talked about stuff", Russell said.

"What stuff?", I asked again.

No one responded. They were all so quiet and I had no idea what was going on. They all looked so sad and all that. Ugh.

"Someone, Jack. Went here this morning. He was so drunk and he was looking for you. You must be wondering how I knew he was Jack. Well, he told me his name and said that he was still in love with you and then he found out that you and Garrett were dating, he asked where Garrett lived and I didn't tell him. He went banging on the door bugging me to tell him where. So, I called Garrett the moment he left cause I didn't know what to do anymore and he was the person who deserved to find out", Patricia finally spoke up.

"What the fuck. Jack was my ex and that's what I never told anyone here in Arizona. I kept it a secret because he was a huge part of my past. And you know how badly I want to leave the past behind. It sucks. Man, I'm sorry about all this. We shouldn't have gone to San Francisco in the first place", I said.

"Look, it's fine with us. We're just worried that Jack might find out where Garrett lives and kills him. I heard him say something like that", she replied.

"Babydoll, everything is going to be alright. We just have to keep you safe until that psycho leaves Arizona. And by psycho, he really looks like a psycho", Garrett said.

"I love you, Garrett", I said as I leaned in to him.

"I love you more, Julia", he replied as he pulled me closer to him.

"I guess we should give you two some privacy", Josh said as the 3 stood up altogether.

We just sat there talking about how to get rid of Jack and how much I just want to punch him in the balls because he was such a douche. We laughed, we cried, we kissed, we hugged and did everything a couple would do together. At around 3pm, we decided to leave the house and go on another date. Man, I just want to marry him.

We ate at Carolina's Mexican Food and talked about a lot of stuff and I just enjoyed being with him. We went to the movies and went to the park and he sang songs to me. We visited the record shop and bought new records.

He dropped me off to the apartment I shared with my band mates and said our goodbyes.

It was one of the best days of my life. I loved Garrett so much and he felt the same way for me too. I guess that's all that matters now.

The moment I entered our apartment, everything else was the same. I saw Josh, Russell and Patricia fast asleep on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and chips. They left the TV on again and they'll probably wake up at 1am and turn it on again and watch TV. It was already 11pm and I decided to go to bed. I let everything that happened earlier play in my head. I can die tomorrow. This day was nothing but perfect.

That was until I got a text message from John O'Callaghan. It read, "Julia, I need to talk to you. I can't keep it all inside anymore. Call me or text me. Please." Should I reply or not? I'll just reply tomorrow morning.

I couldn't help but wonder what John meant in that text message. I was confused. It was already 12am so I decided to reply.. Maybe after that, I could sleep peacefully, without anything going on in my mind.

Our conversation went like this...
Me: What is it John?
John: Oh God, I thought you would never reply.
Me: Well, what is it?
John: You are beautiful.
Me: Why, thanks for the compliment but what are you really going to tell me?
John: Don't pressure me!
Me: I'm not!
John: I don't want to ruin your relationship with Garrett but...
Me: But what?
John: I'm in love with you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! What do you think is going to happen next? Sorry for the extremely late update. School has been keeping me busy since the first day of school. The last chapter was just a filler so yeah. You might get confused cause in the last chapter, Jack was in Arizona for 3 weeks already. Julia left San Francisco a week before Jack came to Arizona. Yeah, I hope I made it clear.
SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. FORGIVE ME.