It All Started With A Smile

Chapter 13

Garrett was actually proposing right in front of me. In front of our band mates. What am I going to say? John was there. I didn't want to hurt him... But I love Garrett. That's all that matters. Even when I have to hurt some people in the process.

"Yes, I will marry you", I told Garrett with tears falling down my eyes as I hugged him.

Who could even say no to the person they love? He brought me to San Diego along with our friends. He knew how badly I wanted to go here. I may have never mentioned it to you but San Diego is my favorite place... That was before I moved to Arizona. In Arizona, I found him. He never left my side. We headed to the hotel restaurant right after to celebrate this wonderful event. Man, I will never ever forget how I felt in that moment he knelt down in front of me. In front of everybody.

//////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////\\\\\\\\\\\\

I slept with Garrett that night. We didn't do anything. We just stared at each other with a big smile on our faces, cherishing this moment we have together here in San Diego. What else could I ask for? Next week, we're going on tour again along with The Maine. I was excited. I couldn't contain these feelings trapped inside my heart. Soon enough, we fell asleep in each other's arms.

When we woke up the next morning, everyone was there except for one person. Who? No one else but John O'Callaghan. Where did he go? He couldn't have gone far, right? While I was in the middle of worrying about him, my phone buzzed. It was a text message from John. It read, "I went back to Arizona. I couldn't stand looking at you two so happy and ready to take the next step. Trust me, I'm happy for you two. But always remember. I love you, Julia. I really do. It just so happens that Garrett got ahead of me. I'm sorry because I left without saying goodbye. And I'm sorry that I'm not what you wanted." I didn't know exactly what to reply to him. Did I hurt him that bad? I guess so. I said yes to Garrett right in front of him. Garrett must know about John's feelings for me. I feel bad cause it seems like he really did it on purpose to hurt John. I mean, I know Garrett loves me but why does he have to do it intentionally in front of John? Some part of me is mad at him but I know I shouldn't be. These thoughts shouldn't be in my head right now. What's happening? Is my love for Garrett fading away or is it all just because I think I have feelings for John? This is all mind over matter. Hopefully.

"Hey, babydoll. Are you alright?", Garrett said probably noticing my facial expression.

"Yeah. Yeah! I'm completely fine. Let's eat", I said getting a grip on my tuna sandwich.

"Are you sure?", he asked.

"Yes", I replied with a smile.

I couldn't help but think about why John left without saying goodbye. I know John. He wouldn't leave just because of that cause he knows that it would be really obvious. Oh God, I'm curious again.

"Hey babygare, can I borrow your phone for a minute? I need to call my dad and I don't have enough credit to do so", I said.

"Sure, babydoll", he said as he handed me his phone.

"Thanks. I'll go call him outside", I said as I stood up from my seat.

I went outside and opened Garrett's inbox. I know this is really bad but I just had to do it. The moment I opened it, the first name I saw was John's. The text message read, "Okay fine. I'm going back to Arizona. Go and have your early honeymoon. Well, you gotta thank me for not telling her about you-know-who". What the... It was Garrett who told John to leave. But......... Who is "you-know-who"? Is Garrett cheating on me? What the hell are they talking about? I lurked his sent items folder and I found out what he told John. It read, "Hey John, leave San Diego tomorrow please. I don't want you to ruin anything. You might tell her about you-know-who. Please don't. I don't want to lose her." WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

.
.
.
.
.

I found the text message. He and you-know-who are still dating. Oh, he did break up with you-know-who. But in the middle of our relationship, he started dating her again. That witch. How could she take him away from me? How can he even manage to keep it from me? How can he even manage to do it? I don't trust Garrett anymore. I shouldn't tell him that I know about it already. I'm just going to act as if nothing happened.

//\\//\\//\\

I went back inside the hotel restaurant after 15 minutes. I was furious. I wanted to throw away the ring on my right hand. He didn't deserve me. No one deserved him. He was indeed an asshole. I wanted to hate him but I couldn't. You see how much I love him? I love him so much that I just want to let go of him so he could be happy. Happy with her. She was a witch. I knew it all along. I hated her the first time I saw her. Should I let her have Garrett? No way. I was engaged to this man. I just... Ugh. I don't know what to do anymore.

"You look... confused. What's up, babydoll?", Garrett asked.

"Stop calling me that", I said.

"What happened, babydoll?", he asked again.

"I said, stop calling me that", I said once again.

"Bab--", he said and I cut him off as I threw the stupid engagement ring to his face.

How could Garrett do this to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD. WHAT A BIG PLOT TWIST, EH? I know this chapter looks really short but.... a lot of things happened.
Who do you think is "you-know-who"??