It All Started With A Smile

Chapter Fifteen

Kennedy isn't dead.

He's in California preparing a surprise for Patricia. What kind of surprise, you ask? Just wait and see. I'd like to think they're a perfect couple compared to the past relationship I've had. Anyway, Kennedy will be back in Arizona after 3 days and yes, Patricia knows that Kennedy is alive and breathing. I don't know who told her that Kennedy was dead but all's well now.

Right at that moment, my phone buzzed. What was up now?
The text message was from Mon. It read: "Julia, where in the world are you???? I'm standing at your front door!!"
Oh no... I almost forgot. I'm still at the supermarket and Mon is already in my house. I was still picking up some milk and cereals. I went to get everything else I needed in just a minute and headed to the counter to check out. While waiting in line, I replied to his text message and told him to wait there. I was wondering why he didn't knock cause I know Patricia, Josh and Russell are home. Anyway, after checking out, I headed home and arrived in 5 minutes. Right there, I saw Mon standing with nothing but a huge luggage beside him.

"Oh my gosh! Mon, I missed you so much!", I said as I greeted him with a bear hug.

"Julia! I can't believe you're here!", he replied.

"Why didn't you knock?", I said as I unlocked the door.

"Cause I thought no one was inside. No one's inside right?", he asked.

"Oh there is", I said and let out a laugh.

We headed straight to the kitchen where Patricia was cooking our meal. Boy, it smelled so damn good. I mean, come on. I'm still so depressed about Garrett and like, I eat a lot when I'm depressed. It's a big surprise that I'm not gaining any weight.

"Oh, it smells so good", Mon said as he entered the kitchen.

He looked quite confused and he obviously had no idea who was standing by the stove, cooking meals.

"Who is she?", Mon whispered.

"Oh she's my band mate. She play the drums and she cooks good food", I replied.

"Oh. Wait, what? You're in a band? Impossible. You can barely sing!", he said.

"Oh shut up! You know I can sing!", I replied with an irritated voice.

He just laughed at my reply so I hit his right arm and told him to go to his room and fix his stuff cause I am obviously not fixing it for him. When he left, I got a can of coke and sat down. It was all coming back to me. There was never a day that Garrett didn't cross my mind. I missed him so much and I still am in love with him. I don't know when these feelings will fade away but... I'm just miserable. In the middle of all my deep thoughts, my phone rang. An unknown caller. Hmm, who could this be? I answered it anyway so I could find out.

"Hello?", I said as I answered the phone.

"Julia, thank God", the voice replied.

"Uh, yeah? Who's this?", I replied.

"Open the door", he (well it was obviously a he) replied.

I walked to the door with a tight grip on my phone and opened the door. You wanna know who was standing there? No one else but Garrett Nickelsen.

"Oh god, please leave me alone", I said.

"Please, just let me talk to you for a minute... Or a second", he begged.

"No", I said then shut the door.

I went back to the kitchen and I found Mon standing by the ref grabbing some coke and Patricia cooking food but then they looked at me awkwardly when I went back to the kitchen.

"What?", I asked with a tone of confusion.

"Garrett?", Patricia asked.

I nodded and immediately ran to my room. I broke down. I just couldn't help it anymore. I lay in bed crying and talking to myself. Soon enough, I fell asleep. I had a weird dream. A very weird one, indeed. John was there. he had a bouquet of roses in his hands and a big grin on his face. Then I heard a loud thud. It got me up and I found out I fell off of my bed.

I got up and scratched my head and went out of my room. I found a note on my bedroom door from Russell and it read: "There's a party at the O'Callaghan's. You can come when you wake up. See you there!"

I'm not quite sure if this party had some type of connection to my dream but I got dressed and went there to find out.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

~AT THE PARTY~

I knocked on the O'Callaghan's door and John was the one who opened it for me.

"Oh hello there! Glad you could come!", John greeted me with a cup of beer on his right hand.

"Hey! I thought I wouldn't be able to make it", I replied then laughed.

We went inside and I started to look for my band mates and Mon. Instead of finding them, I ran into Garrett. We just looked at each other and smiled. I'll admit. I was hoping that we would get back together. I walked past him and began looking for the others again. After a series of twists and turns, I finally found them.

"Oh, you're here!", Josh greeted me with a hug.

"Never thought I'd make it!", I said. I just realized I told them the same thing I told John. Psh.

We enjoyed the party a whole lot. Well yeah it was a good one. That was until Garrett approached me.

He was holding a guitar and John was following him.

"Hey Julia, how's it going?", Garrett asked.

"I'm.... fine. How about you?", I replied.

"I don't believe that. So for the sake of telling the truth, I'm gonna say I miss you", he replied.

I'd have to admit that what he said put a big smile on my face.

"I miss you too", I said as I pulled him in for a hug.

I didn't realize that John was standing there right next to us and he looked like he just got dumped by someone. He just looked at us with tears clouding up his eyes then he walked away.

I chased after him to make sure everything was okay.

But it was too late. He made his way out of the house and rode his car and drove away. I don't know where he was going but I had to find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short :( I lost the paper boo huhu. So yeah! JUST WAIT FOR CHAPTER 16.