It All Started With A Smile

Chapter Two

I woke up to a loud knock on the door. I checked my phone to know what time it is and it's already 10 in the morning. I went down stairs and I saw Patricia talking to a tall guy. I then realized it was John.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Patricia asked.
"Oh I saw your car in the parking lot. And I remember the owner of this apartment told me that someone moved in 2 weeks ago so I guessed it was you. I just live next door", John said.
"Oh, uh hey guys" I said interrupting their conversation, "Patricia, you're always up so early"
"Yeah. I prepared breakfast for you guys but then you're all such sleepyheads so the food is probably cold right now. Russell and Josh are still asleep" she said.
"Oh." I replied cause I had nothing else to say.
"Hey John, why don't you come in" she said.
"Oh sure." he said as he went in.
We sat at the dining table and talked there when we heard another knock on the door.
"I'll get it" I said as I stood up from my seat and opened the door.
It was Garrett. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I was just standing there like an idiot. And it was completely embarrassing. We stood there for probably 10 seconds then Garrett broke the silence.
"Uh hey" Garrett said.
"Uh hi. Come in. John's inside" I said.
"Sure" he said as he went in.

I closed the door and headed straight to the dining table where they were all eating the food Patricia prepared. I sat down on the seat between Patricia and John since I was awkward around Garrett. I am actually denying my feelings for Garrett and I know that. I mean, is it weird that I have a crush on someone I just met yesterday? Hah, don't blame me. But no. I cannot like Garrett Nickelsen.

"So what brought you guys here?" I asked because I was getting pretty curious.
"Oh nothing. I already told you awhile ago why." John said.
"John called me up that's why I went here" Garrett said, smiling.
"Ohh." I said.
"Hmm I'm thinking I should sideline as a chef. Wait just kidding" Patricia said.
"You'd make a great chef, you know", Kennedy said who was standing by the fridge.
"Hey Kennedy! How did you get in?" she asked.
"You left the door open" he replied.
"Oh sorry. I forgot to close it" I said.
"I closed it already" he said.

While we were talking and eating, Josh and Russell finallly woke up. It was already 11 then. Patricia had to make a new batch of her special blueberry pancakes since the guys finished it already. They tasted great, alright. Probably one of the best blueberry pancakes I have ever tasted. Of course, Kennedy said the same thing and I was already starting to smell something fishy. I think Kennedy likes Patricia. This curiosity is killing me and I want to ask Kennedy so badly if he likes Patricia. But that will have to wait. We were one again interrupted by a knock on the door. I volunteered to get it again since everyone was busy talking and cooking and stuff.

It was Pat and Jared!

"Hey guys! I'm guessing John gave you a call?" I said.
"Yup, he did!" Jared said.
"Heya Julia! Where's my drummer twin?" Pat asked.
"Oh she's in the kitchen, cooking." I said.
"She cooks? Oh Kennedy is gonna be glad" he said.
"What do you mean?" I asked getting even more curious.
"Oh nothing. Hey keep a secret for me? Kenny likes Patricia" he said.
"Yeah sure" I said grinning likea fool.

I let them enter the house and they went to the dining table. Everyone was eating and talking and there were 9 people on this house! Oh god, this place won't break right? Gosh what am I thinking?

"Hey. Anyone wants to play truth or dare?" John said.
"Oh shit. I'm not joining. You might make me spill the truth" Kennedy said.
"Oh come on Kenny! You're scared th--" John says
"SHUT UP JOHN. I DON'T WANT TO PLAY." Kennedy said.
"Why don't we watch a horror film in the living room?" Josh suggested.
"What? No! Horror films scare the shit out of me!" Pat said.
"Then what do you guys want to do?" I asked.
"Come on, truth or dare" John forced.
"NO" Kennedy shouted.

We ended up watching a movie, well, a horror movie even though Pat was so damn scared. He covered himself with a pillow the whole time! I was sitting between Garrett and John so from time to time I would lean on Garrett and he would even wrap his arms around me at some scenes and laugh at me at the same time. It felt good, alright. I don't know, man. He makes me feel safe.

At this point, I'd have to admit, I am indeed falling for Garrett Nickelsen.

****************************************************************************
After the movie, we went to some mall and planned on going to a party later tonight. I promised just to drink one bottle because I didn't want to get drunk.

"So, Julia. Uhm uh do you want to uh watch a movie before the party tonight? I mean with everyone of course. Yeah that's right with everyone" Garrett said while scratching the back of his head.
"Sure. Why not?" I said.
"Great! I'll just tell the others" He said then walked to the guys.
I looked to my right and I saw Patricia grinning. I knew why, alright. She knows that Garrett was asking me out. It was weird though. We just met like yesterday but we all seem so close already. I guess this is just how it is with bands.

We went to 7-Eleven and bought some Slurpee since it was extremely hot. Gosh, how much I love Slurpee.
"So, we'll see you guys later! Can't wait" John said.
"Yeah see ya!" I said and waved goodbye to the guys..

Well, I can't wait for tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this is too short. Well, there will be a lot of drama in the next chapters so yeah good night!