It All Started With A Smile

Chapter Five

"That you were miserable when you knew Falyn and I are dating," he replied.

I fell silent. Who told him? I do not know yet.

"Hey, are you still there?" he asked.

"Uhm yeah," I replied.

"So?"

"I just didn't want to let you know."

"Why?"

"Should I tell you the whole truth?"

"Yes. You have to."

"Isn't it obvious already?"

"It is. I'm just waiting for you to say it yourself,"

"Fine, Garrett. I like you. The first time I saw you I, I already fell for you and I--," I said, "I have to go" then ended the call.

There. I admitted my feelings for him even when I can't admit it to myself. It's been a month since we first met and now, everything is about to change. Why did I even confess it to him now? Ugh. Regrets, regrets. He was trying to call me again but I won't pick up. I didn't want to pick it up. Everything hurts. I don't know why it still hurts now that he knows that I have feelings for him. Then and there I realized something. It was Kennedy who told him.

*******************************************************
Right at the moment when that realization hit me, I went straight to the living room and waited for Patricia to arrive. I need to talk to her. I guess that's what she and Kennedy were talking about earlier. I am not quite sure. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

30 minutes later, Patricia finally arrived.

"Patricia, I need to talk to you," I said.

"Uhm sure. I'm guessing Garrett called you already," she replied.

"True. But that's not the main thing I want to talk about with you"

"Then what?"

"Who told Garrett about this? Was it Kennedy? Why did he tell Garrett, huh? Why?"

"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down there, girl. I am gonna answer your questions one by one"

"Okay then. Go ahead"

"Kennedy told Garrett about this because the guys don't like Falyn, okay? Garrett has feelings for you. He likes you but he doesn't want to break it off with her just yet. He doesn't like breaking hearts, Julia. He doesn't."

"Oh," I was speechless. That was all that came out of my dry mouth.

"Can I go to the kitchen now? I need to make dinner," she said.

"Yeah sure. Sorry about that," I said.

She nodded and headed to the kitchen.

I am one fucked up person. I don't know what made me feel this way, really. I don't like being curious about things. I don't want to be "little miss curious". Then it just occured to me. Garrett likes me. Yes, I heard Patricia say that. It's hard to process everything. It's all happening so fast. I can't even catch up anymore. I just sat on the couch staring at the center table. I can't. I just can't. I don't want to ruin their relationship. I guess this now the fight for true love, if you want to put it that way. Hmm, on second thought, good love.

*****************************************************************
Two weeks after the incident, I agreed to meet up with Garrett and talk things out. I was so damn nervous. I don't know what to say to him. I just hope he'll start the conversation. Well, let's just say I'm glad he's coming over and I don't have to leave the house anymore.

Someone was now knocking on the door.

"I'll get it," Patricia shouted.

The moment I heard the door close, Garrett was walking to the dining table.

"I'll leave you two first. I'm gonna go uh maybe watch a movie with the other guys. So, uhm, fix this problem I guess? Hmm, bye," she said then got the car keys and left.

"So, uhm, since when did you know about this?" Garrett asked.

"Since the party," I said.

"Oh. You saw me with her, didn't you?"

"Yup. I got too curious so I asked Pat about it"

"Oh. Honestly, I don't know what to say right now. I guess I'm just wondering why you're not answering my calls. Hey, it's been a month"

"Oh, I regreted everything I told you. I thought I said everything too soon. Turns out, it was just the right time, I guess"

"I broke it off with her a week ago. We were just dating anyway. We were still getting to know each other and we weren't even like really officially together yet."

"Oh. i thought you were together already or something like that"

"Oh. Well, is this solved?" he said, reaching out a hand to me.

"I guess" I said and shook hands with him which lead to a hug.

"I think we should give Patricia a call or Kennedy" I said pulling out of his tight hug.

"Yeah I think so too," he said while letting go.

So we called them up and they told us to come over to John's apartment which was just next door.

I guess this was probably one of the best days ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this short, I think. Chapter six on Monday!!