It All Started With A Smile

Chapter Seven

"What? Are you sure about that?", Garrett asked.

"Yup. My dad was the one who called so I'm pretty sure it's true", I said.

It was definitely the biggest and worst surprise I've got today. It was my birthday and my mom died. It hurts. Everything was going so well today then... Oh God, I don't know what to feel anymore. I don't know if I should be happy or sad or both. Well, of course I'm happy because of all the wonderful surprises I've received today but then, I'm sad because my mom died.

Then it occurred to me. I was going back to San Francisco. All the things that happened in the past will come back and haunt me for I don't know how long. I don't want to go back. I want to stay here in Arizona until the day that I die. I don't want to feel the sadness I felt back in San Francisco. This is the place where I want to be. I just don't want to go back anymore. I didn't want to see my old friends whom I guess were just fake. Well, I don't know. I don't want to tell anyone about this yet. But I can' t just disappear. I had to tell them.

**********************************************************************

I called my dad to tell him that I've made up my mind and I'm going to stay in San Francisco for a week or two.

"Well, I was just going to call you and tell you the same thing," he said.

"Okay then. I'll see you soon, Dad. Bye," I said then ended the call.

I went to the living room where the others were staying. I decided to tell them now because it would be too late if I told them any sooner.

"Guys uhm, I need to tell you something," I began and well, that line caught their attention alright, "I'm going back to San Francisco."

"Wait. What the fuck are you talking about?", John said.

"I said I'm going back to San Francisco because my mom died," I said.

"Well, I'm coming with you. And you can't stop me," Garrett said.

"No, Garrett. You don't have to come because I'll only be gone for about a week or two. Probably until they bury my mom or something," I replied.

"No, Julia. I am coming with you whether you like it or not. What if something bad happens to you and no one here in Arizona will know about it?" he replied.

"Yeah, Julia. Garrett is right. Why can't we come too?", Patricia said.

"Yeah. That's a great idea. We could all stay in a hotel or something so we won't bother your family," Pat said.

"Are you, guys, sure about that?", I asked.

"YES!", they said altogether.

"Oh, fine.", I said, giving in.

Mhm, we were all going to San Francisco. Well, this is something big, I guess. I just can't wait to see my dad's reaction.

Later that night, I booked a flight to San Francisco.

This is going to be fun.

But with all that, I suddenly thought of my high school friends. What if I see them? Everything will just haunt me back. I don't know anymore. I just hope they won't go to my mother's wake or I'm literally going to die.

I want to leave the past behind.

But it's really hard to do.

Well, I guess this trip will bring in another set of problems for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!! This chapter really wasn't meant to be long because it just describes how they ended up in San Francisco and stuff so that you guys won't get messed up with the plot. Sorry it took me 9 days to post this because I was reaaaally busy and I never had a chance to open my mibba so yeah I'M REALLY SORRY ABOUT THAT.

Chapter 8 in a few minutes!! :-)