Status: Active.

Another Heart Calls

Image

Image

"I want something from you."

There's nearly no space between them; he's beautiful and terrifying and moves with a feline grace that's every bit as predatory as it is alluring. She instinctively steps back as he steps closer, breathless and confused. She is only human. What could he possibly want from her?

To soon, she realizes her mistake, the words unspoken on her lips nevertheless a shout to the creature before her, and she can't help the shuddering gasp as his eyes scorch her skin.

Her back hits the wall; his hands darting up on either side of her. He lowers his head and whispers his next words against the delicate curve of her neck, his voice dark and powerful and brushing her skin with an all-too-physical caress.

"The only thing you have left to give to me."

She can't restrain the unbidden tremor of desire that shakes her; there's barely a hair's breadth between their bodies and she aches with an illicit thrill. And all the while she knows he's every bit as likely to kill her as kiss her--but when his mouth meets hers, hot and demanding and oh so forbidden, there's nothing but the command of her body and his whispers burying beneath her skin.

"No other man shall ever touch you again."