The Dream Writers

“Wait," he whispered. I turned my head quickly toward him, my eye twitched slightly with annoyance. He looked at me, his crisp blue eyes still burned into mine through his golden hair, just like they had since the day I met him. I stood up angrily from the chair in front of my desk.

"Wait for what," I growled. "For some magic little muse to come up and write for me. I can't do this." I stood there my arms crossed across my chest as I stared at him. He was a very aggravating person, that was another thing I'd noticed since I met him.

"Wait for your mind to go numb, for emotions to dry, for everything to become a blank piece of paper," he said. His voice was calming yet very assertive. He looked at me his face was completely blank. I plopped back on my chair with a slight frown on my lips.

"Fine, but if I'm going to try this again, I'm doing it my way," I said in defeat before running my hand through my hair. He looked back at me with a satisfied smirk and leaned his well built body back into a large red velvet arm chair, crossing his arms gently across his chest.

I moved my hand slowly to a record player that sat on the corner of my desk. I set the needle carefully on the vinyl record that sat there spinning. Soft classical piano music came through the single speaker. I pulled my white hair back into a black ribbon and lifted my quill pen carefully in my soft hand. I dipped the end of it in jet black ink and stared at the yellowing paper that lay before me on my hard oak desk.

Thoughts came to my head as the soft sound of the piano filled my head. I took it all in, every sound, every note. I let it take me away. Slowly my sad eyes relaxed, my mind floated away from all signs of emotion. I opened my eyes.

This feeling of emptiness, it seemed to be the only time I was ever whole. My eyes became black holes as I wrote in smooth scribbles on the paper.

These were the words: “She stood tall, unbreakable. She had smooth, tan, and flawless skin. Her golden eyes glowed warmly, her clothes were black, tight against her curvy yet thin body. She also had amazingly long legs and perfectly manicured and pedicured nails. Her deep brown hair fell in waves upon her shoulder and reached just to her mid back. Her face showed a small and pointy nose, her cheek bones high and prominent and her eyes were wide and lightly rimmed with a dark black eyeliner. Her smile showed pure white teeth with only one abnormality fangs.”

I looked up from my paper and got up slowly. I stood as this beautiful woman I had just written slowly faded into reality before me. She stood, her hands folded gently in front of her and her eyes staring directly into mine. I bowed my head in respect and greeted her. She looked at me with confusion, yet her eyes had the wisdom of a thousand lives. She smiled in response to me.

"I am your creator," I said calmly. "You were created for him," I pointed to the man who sat in the velvet arm chair, he stood instinctively and walked to her side. "Do you understand why you're here?" She smiled and nodded and then smiled at him also then said only one thing the only words she would ever live to speak, "Thank you." Her voice was sweet, and quite feminine. I bowed my head again, and looked up at her. My grey eyes suddenly burned and turned a fierce red. This beautiful angel I had just created burned up in front of me, just as easily as paper.

I turned quickly to look at the paper that had been laying on my desk. The words were gone, every last one as if they'd never existed. "Damn," I muttered under my breath, my eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.
The strange man looked at me again aggravated with me. "Why wont this work?" he asked me, sadness seemed to show in his aggravation. This was perfectly understandable considering this was just about the fifth time we did this.

"There are things working against me here, I fear I will not be able to write you a soul to pair with yours. You already have one to your name," I said ashamed as I lowered my head in defeat and sat back in my chair.

"And who might that be the, oh wise one," he asked, his voice sounded even more annoyed. I stared at him for a second, knowing the answer and wishing I hadn't.

"Please, leave," I said and lead him out of the door forcefully and shut it quickly behind him. I slid down the door and sighed listening as he walked away down the stairs.

"Why would I fall in love with a vampire?" I asked myself in defeat as I fell onto my bed.
..-..-..-..-..-..-..-..

This is the peice of writing the story is based off. Gives you the basic idea, I'm sure.