The Dream Writers

The Dream Writers

It didn't really matter to me in the end did it. A vampyre wouldn't like someone like me either way. So I just accepted the fact that even if he'd known what had happened the other night it wouldn't have made any bit of difference.

I went to work as usual smiling as I worked on dusting and organizing everything laying around the store. I hated not having anything to do, I also hated the fact that no matter how hard I tried there never seemed to be enough to occupy my time.

I stared at George as he talked to one of the customers. He was so old yet his vampyre curse seemed to strengthen him so much. I sighed softly to myself, what I wouldn't give for immortality.

I was so insanely petrified at the thought of death. The idea that I'd never be able to see any of my friends faces ever again. Not that I really heard from them much anymore I knew they were still around here and there. I also knew they'd take care of me if something real bad happened around here.

George noticed me staring at him and smiled motioning for me to come over by him. "Elizabeth this is Mr. Hamilton," he said motion to the customer he'd been talking to. He was an older looking man. "He said he recently made a quill that he believe you acquired." I nodded but still said nothing. "He was wondering if you could do something for him."

"Of course I can," I said softly smiling. I would do anything for him due to the fact that he'd made my quill.

"If you don't mind that we talk in private?" he asked me politely. I nodded and led him into the back room.

"So, how may I help you sir?" I asked him politely.

"I know what you are, writer. I was hoping you might be able to do me a favor for that quill there," he said simply.

"I'd be happy to, what do you have in mind?"

"I've been longing for someone to spend eternity with, I was wondering if you could make her appear for me?" he asked now quite unsure.

I nodded and looked at him for a second. "I can do it now if you'd like?"

"That would be wonderful, if it's not too much trouble that is."

"No not at all, I don't really do much around here as it is."

I sat down and scrawled somethings on a piece of paper, careful to get my wording correctly because sometimes things went a way they felt they should. A figure appeared in front of me with long black hair and wide green eyes. She didn't have a thin figure but she wasn't fat just the same, she was a pleasant size. She had long finger nails at the tips of her very long nails and her legs seemed like they went on forever.

I smiled at my work, so did Mr. Hamilton. "Thank you," he said kindly.

I nodded and replied, "You're welcome."

They both walked out of the room and I sat in a small chair that was placed somewhat in the middle of the room, sighing heavily.

That week people caught word of what I was, what I could do with my simple little quill and started lining up at the shop. George was happy about this, he was getting more business than he had in a 100 years apparently.

Me though I ended up very drained and was excited when it was finally time for the weekend and I'd have my time off. That was the first time I'd seen Zeke in the past week. Surprisingly he was sober and alone at the house, I smiled when I walked in and sat next to him.

I noticed he was watching Romeo and Juliet, I looked at him with my eyebrow raised. "Are you okay?" I asked him softly.

He laughed and replied, "Yeah, I forgot how much I used to love this movie." He smiled at me. "Do you mind watching it?"

"No of course not," I said smiling and rested my head on his shoulder. "Do you mind this?"

He shook his head no and got reabsorbed into the movie.

We sat like that until the movie was done, we were both smiling and when it did finally finish we ended up talking.

"So what's with the new you? I've never seen you like this," I asked him.

"Well, ever since last week when I got mugged I've felt oddly uplifted," he said. I blushed knowing that same night I had spent the entire night with him, that it was so perfect. That I would never ever tell him about it.