Turn My Life Around

1/2

Liliya stood behind the bar, cleaning glasses, during the down time. It was getting close to the time of the day when they became really busy, but that is not what Liliya was focusing on. Her thoughts were constantly filled with the man with chocolate brown eyes, spiked brown hair and muscular arms covered in monster tattoos. Brian Haner Jr., aka Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold, has been the only thing on her mind since he first stepped into her families bar. Not to mention that he is everything that Liliya has ever wanted in a guy. He is smart, funny and not to mention sexy, just to name a few. But Liliya doesn’t have the confidence to tell him that she likes him.

Liliya has always had a fear of rejection. When she was 16, she liked this one guy who played on the baseball team. When she finely had the courage to tell him how she felt, he went out with her twice. She was so happy, but when Monday came all that happiness went down the drain. Liliya had made her way over to him as he stood with his buddies in the hall and asked when they would get together again. Instead of giving her an answer, he along with the rest of his friends laughed at her and he told her that he had no interest in dating her. Ever since then, Liliya’s relationships have all been the same and she has had an issue trusting men; besides her over protective father, Mikhail Udinov.

“Liliya why don’t you take a break until the rush starts?” The bartender Nick suggested to her as he came over.

Liliya nodded her head and made her way to the kitchen. She had Bobbie, the cook, make up some chicken fingers and fries before grabbing a drink and making her way back to the front. She slid into the opposite side of the booth in which her father sat doing paperwork.

“Are you ever going to tell that boy that you like him?” He questioned 15 minutes after she sat down and without looking up from his paperwork.

Liliya looked up from the food that she was picking at and shook her head, “Papa…,” she looked back down at her food while her thoughts wandered to Brian again. “Papa, you know I can’t talk to him.” She looked up and stared into her father’s eyes. “I don’t want to get hurt again,” she shook her head “, and I can’t get hurt again."

Mikhail shook his head at his daughter and he placed his hand on hers and smiled. “Ne prodavaĭte sebya korotkiĭ vozlyublennoĭ. Ty ne znaeshʹ , chto proizoĭdet , yesli vy otdaete svoe serdtse na linii, i prozhitʹ svoyu zhiznʹ.” [Don't sell yourself short sweetheart. You don't know what will happen unless you put your heart on the line and live your life.] He told her in Russian.

Liliya smiled back at him, “thank you Papa.”

Image


Brian and the guys were gathered in Matt and Val’s living room waiting for Val and the other girls to finish getting ready. Once they were ready to go, they all piled into the cars and headed to one of their favorite bars. Brian was riding over with Zacky while the others took different cars.

Brian was sitting in the passenger seat just watching the scenery when Zacky spoke. “Are you finally going to tell Liliya that you like her?” He questioned shooting a quick glance over at Brian.

Brian sighed and looked over at Zacky, thinking about what he said. He shrugged his shoulders before looking over, out the front window. “I don’t know. I mean I know that she likes me…” he got interrupted by Zack.

“Wait…” he said looking over at Brian, “how do you know that she likes you?” He asked before looking back at the road.

Brian looked down at his hands in his lap and sighed, “Her father told me. He talked to me the last time that we were there and he told me that Liliya liked me.”

“Well, now you don’t have an excuse to not talk to her and tell her the truth.”

“It’s not as easy as that though,” Brian mumbled.

“Yes it is,” Zacky scuffed looking over at Brian quickly. “You just go up to her, talk maybe even flirt a little,” he said with a smirk. “Then all you have to do is confess your feelings to her.”

Brian sighed and continued thinking over Zacky’s words. He knew that it wasn’t as simple as that, not after everything Mikhail had told him. He knew it was going to take a lot for Liliya to open up to him. But that didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to try. Liliya was everything that he ever wanted in a woman. She is smart, quirky, has a Russian temper, funny and not to mention that is the most beautiful woman that he has ever met. Deep down, he knew that he could not take the chance of not telling her the truth about his feelings. Cause there is a chance that if he didn’t do it now, there maybe someone else that would come along and sweep her off her feet.

He sighed before looking over at Zacky again, “you know… you are absolutely right. I can’t take that chance of somebody else coming along. I have to tell her how I feel…,” he smirked, “and I have to do it tonight.”