Status: Back after a little hiatus! Updating as much as I can!

I'm Alright Like This

"This is all that I need I fall, so effortlessly"

"Alright we got Lucy Harris here in the studio with us! She's here to talk about her new album due out next month call Failures of the Bold. How are you Lucy?" the DJ asked.
"I'm awesome Kevin! How are you?" I answered happily. 

I'm Lucy Harris. You probably haven't heard much about me yet. It's okay because I know someday you will. I'm not cocky or anything, but I just got signed so I'm on cloud nine. And, I'm touring this summer with Paradise Fears, We Are the In Crowd, and a few other bands. 

"So Lucy. You've got your cd coming out next month, big tour this summer, can you still find the time to date?"
"I try to. Dating brings a lot of good songs out of me." I laughed.
"Is there a special someone?"
"Not right now. I wish there was."
"Alright folks you heard it here first! Lucy Harris is single and ready to mingle!" we laughed.

----------that night---------
"Okay Luce, you did awesome today in the interview. You made yourself very available and preorders for your album have sky rocketed. And every guy from 19-23 wants you. Great job!" my manager commended me. I was kind of ignoring her because I was really into texting a cute guy. 

It was Sam Miller, lead singer of Paradise Fears. He was adorable. He had short blonde hair, sweet brown eyes, and smile that made you want to hug him forever. I had met him at a meeting we had when we figured out the tour plans and we traded numbers. I was starting to like him. 

"Luce? Did you hear me? You're ignoring me aren't you?" Jenn sighed.
"What? No of course not Jenny! I promise." I tried not to laugh.
"Well, I was saying, during the tour, we're gonna set up a relationship for you."
"What?! With who? Please can it be Sam?"
"Sam? Sam who?"
"Sam Miller. From Paradise Fears. The lead singer." I explained slowly.
"Oh him? That's not who we were thinking. We need someone bigger that everyone knows. Any guesses?" she teased. After she shut down my idea of Sam, I tried to start ignoring her again.
"Not a clue Jenn." I said flatly.
"Alex Gaskarth? Have you heard of him? He's in All Time Low. Go look him up. He's already agreed to this so we just need you to say yes." 
"I actually have a choice?"
"Well, technically no. But I have to say I offered you a choice." Jenn tried to say that nicely. I sighed and walked up to my room and kept texting Sam as I stated at the ceiling.

I had heard nothing but terrible things about Alex Gaskarth. I heard he was a manwhore, drank a lot, hits on every girl he sees and swears like a sailor. And he had a lot of tattoos. I knew Sam knew him from when they toured together.

To: Sam :)
Is Alex Gaskarth a nice guy? Like would I ever like him?

From: Sam :)
Yeah he's a good guy. Why do you ask?

To: Sam :)
My manager said I have to pretend to date him while we go on tour this summer. I'd rather date someone I know though.

From: Sam :)
Aww so theres no chance for me? ;)

My heart was racing when I read that. He liked me? He wanted to date me? He knew he was talking to weird Lucy Harris right? That girl with the crimson hair and scary piercing blue eyes?

To: Sam :)
I never said that :) I have to pretend to date him, not actually date him. You really want a chance?

My palms got clammy and my stomach churned waiting for him to respond. Suddenly my phone lit up and told me I had a new message from him. I opened the message slowly.

From: Sam :)
Of course I want a chance! If Alex allows you to see other people that is. I'd rather not mess with the guy. 

I jumped off my bed and started dancing around my room. I was jumping up and down and screaming. Jenn came into my room and looked at me like I was insane.

"What is your issue?" she yelled.
"Sam likes me! He said he wants a chance to date me!" I danced around.
"Fantastic but Alex is downstairs. He came over to meet you." she quieted down and I froze. 
"He's already here? I thought I was meeting him tomorrow or something?"
"I don't know," she shrugged. "He's here now so come downstairs." I sighed loudly as she walked out. I checked myself in the mirror to see if I looked ridiculous at all. 

When I was content with how I looked, I walked downstairs slowly and heard his silky voice. He was talking to Jenny about his band and his friends. I walked to where they were sitting the living room and Jenny stood up, then Alex. He looked at me up and down as I did the same.

Shit. He was gorgeous. It was actually taking everything I had in me to not just jump on him and start kissing him. Sam popped into my head as I shook Alex's hand. They had the same brown eyes.

How was I gonna do this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright here's the first chapter! I'm gonna ask for a lot of input on this story because I want it to come out the way you guys want it! Let me know if you like it, who she should end up with, etc

Thanks a bunch!

Title song credit: Here to Stay- Paradise Fears

Love & rockets