Status: Back after a little hiatus! Updating as much as I can!

I'm Alright Like This

Not seeing that loving you is what I was trying to do.

"Hey Luce, can I come in?"
"Uh I'm kind of busy with Alex right now. Can we talk out here?" I asked. I was insanely nervous.
"Sure." we walked out and sat on my front steps. "How's he doing? Did you get the flowers?"
"He's okay. He has a sprained ankle that will hopefully be better by tour. And the flowers were beautiful."
"That's good. I uh... I stopped by to ask you something."
"Okay. What's up?"
"I guess I'll just spit it out then. Are you still gonna give me a chance or are you staying with Alex?"

I knew the answer I was going to say but the look on his face at that moment stabbed me in the gut. 

"About that..." I sighed. "I really want to give you a chance but it wouldn't be fair to Alex. Right now, I have to stay with him. He's really calmed down a lot and he's been sweet. Maybe after he gets better and after tour, I can really consider us. I'm so sorry." I said patting his arm. He nodded.
"It's alright I guess. I get it." he kissed my head and got up and walked to his car. I felt terrible. 

I walked inside and leaned against the door and tried my best to not cry.

"Lucy? Is that you?" Alex called.
"Yeah it's me." I said holding back tears. 

I didn't know crushing on someone meant crushing their heart.

-----A few weeks later---------
"God dammit Alex! You take longer than I do to get ready! Your hair very sexy! We're gonna be late!" I yelled up to him.
"Hey! My hair is hard work! And I'm almost done." he yelled.
"Well it takes you literally five minutes to walk your ass down the stairs so lets go." I joked a little. He was off his crutches but his ankle still hurt him sometimes. We- well, I because I was ready and Alex wasn't- were going out to dinner with my band, his band, We Are The In Crowd, and Sam's band. It was a pre-tour dinner. I hadn't seen Sam since I told him I was staying with Alex. 

"Lucy time me to see how long it actually takes me to get downstairs." Alex yelled from the top of the stairs.
"No! Just get down here! You're making us late." I whined.
"Fine, fine." he made his way down then kissed my forehead. "I think that's a record of how fast I've gone down the stairs."
"Baby I'm gonna ask you a serious question. Why do you still live here?" I laughed a little.
"That's rude. And I know for a fact you'd be miserable if I left. Besides, you spoil me too much for me to leave." I couldn't argue with that. Since he hurt his leg, I would do everything for him. I make his meals, help him walk when his ankle hurts, let him sleep in my bed, etc.

"Let's just go already. And you're moving out tomorrow." I said walking to the little table where I had put my wallet and phone down. Alex came up behind me and slid his hands on my hips.
"You've said at least ten times already, Luce. And I'm still here." he whispered in my ear then pressed his lips to my neck. A small moan was about to escape my lips.
"We...have to...go." I mumbled trying to hold back the moan. He kept kissing and sucking on my neck. I turned to face him and kissed him pretty hard & he sat me on the table where my wallet and phone had just been. His hands were gripping onto my hips and my hands were holding into his shoulders and neck for dear life. Finally, I pulled away.

"Alex, we have to go." I sighed, out of breath.
"Lucy, we have to kiss like that more often." he smirked then stood me up and fixed my hair for me.

-----------------
We pulled up to the restaurant and sat at the table. We surprisingly weren't the last ones. Two of the guys from In Crowd came a little late, then in walked Sam, with a girl. I didn't recognize her, but Sam looked happy with her. I looked at him until we made eye contact then I looked down at the table. 

Who was she? We're they dating? How long have they known each other? Why did she look like me?

Sam introduced her as Kaycee. Apparently she's from his hometown and they dated when they were high school. Why did this piss me off so much?

I barely ate dinner and didn't really listen to the conversations. I felt kind of bad but it was torturing me to see him with someone else. I kept making eye contact with him all night and every time, I'd look away.

Finally, we all decided to leave. No one wanted to party because we had to be up bright and early to go to the first concert venue. I was quiet on the drive home.

"You okay Goose?" Alex asked. He called me Goose because my niece came over two weeks ago and called me Goosey instead of Lucy.
"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little tired." That wasn't a lie. I just didn't tell him the whole reason.
"You sure? You seem off."
"Nope. I'm fine. Promise." I said as he pulled into the driveway.
"You looked hot tonight by the way, Luce." he said leaning over to me and I couldn't resist the smirk pulling at my lips. I kissed him lightly for a few minutes then we went inside. As soon as we got inside, we kissed like we did before we left. 

We went upstairs and I suddenly was tired anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Some jealousy coming from Lucy! Ahah the tour starts next chapter! I kinda have an idea where I'm taking this stry but I'm getting ideas about other stories too. Hopefully my story "You're Just a Daydream Away" will be updated soon! Keep an eye out ;)

Title credit: What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts

Love & rockets :)