A Day Without You

one;

Relationships are tough, which is exactly why we weren't in a relationship. But it was impossible to not feel something after the time we spent together.
__________________________________________________________________

He was a little drunk, standing there with his big brown eyes, hat on backwards and a pout that made me weak at the knees. Although I could smell the alcohol on his breath he was still hard to resist. Also, the fact I hadn't seen him in a couple weeks didn't help.

"You have a really bad poker face" he said.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you want this as much as I do"

"Really?"

He moved in closer and the scent of his cologne was weakening and now I was unable to control myself.

I pulled him in the door and shut it behind me. There was a look of satisfaction on his face until I kissed him and suddenly he relaxed and placed his hand on my cheek. His hands were cold and I drew in a sharp breath and he stopped, "You're cold..."

He nodded, "Well you can warm me up, right?" I nodded and he smirked and I took the hat off his head and threw it on the ground while he pulled my t-shirt over my head.

He stared down at me for a moment and I wish I knew what was going on in his head when he looked at me like that. It made me feel vulnerable and the only way to break his attention was to kiss him again.

He pushed me up against the wall and he started trailing kisses down my neck. The moaning turned into heavy breathing when his lips now trailed across my chest. I pulled his face up to mine and kissed him again, his lips were addictive and I couldn't help myself. My hand clasped the back of his head and then soon my fingers were tangled in his hair. He reached down and pulled his own t-shirt off and then connected his lips with mine once again.

I pushed him away for a moment and grabbed his arm, pulling him towards my bedroom. I found myself get a tad aggressive when I pushed him down on the bed and climbed on top, but he didn't seem to mind. My finger traced along his chest, down his stomach and I started to slip it under his jeans slowly and before I knew it he was unbuttoning them. I tugged them off and then he rolled over quickly so he was on top and slid my sweatpants off. He made eye contact for a moment but then kissed me before leaning towards my ear, "I've been waiting for this all night--for you" he said before kissing slowly down my neck again.

"I've missed you" I replied, "It's hard to even go a day without you"

"You don't have to" his hand suddenly slid down and traced along my underwear and then slowly slipping underneath. I took a sharp breath in and swallowed while he kept his eyes on me, "You missed me?"

I just nodded and I felt his fingers sliding down, "Did you miss me?" I asked. He nodded back in response while my entire body screamed for him and his touch was burning through my skin, "Are we going to do this or not?" He pulled his hand up and towered over me, placing both hands on the bed on each side of my head, "You're rushing me?" he smirked biting his lip, "It's been a while, you should be slowing me down"

I shook my head, "I just need you now"

"Now?"

"Now, please" I was tugging at his boxers but he kept his eyes on me, tormenting me. Finally he stopped talking and soon the only sound was me screaming out his name. Soon it was our heavy breathing as he rolled over and fell back on the bed. Then it was quiet and I found myself wrapping my arm around his waist and resting my head on his chest. He was never one for cuddling after sex, but this time he squeezed me close to him and I listened to his heartbeat as the pace slowly returned to normal.

"I really did miss you, and not just for that" I said.

I heard him laugh a little, "I missed you too"

"You know I meant it when I said it's hard to go a day without you. Without that. Without your voice"

"And I meant it when I said that you don't have to"

After that it was silence and I found myself falling asleep in his arms, which was different for us again. When I woke up to the sunrise I was still wrapped in his arms, and I liked it.

"Kane, wake up" I said gently tapping his cheek. He groaned a little bit while I sat up, wrapping the sheet around me. I ran a hand through my hair and he did the same with his, blinking a couple times before sitting up.

"So?" I asked.

"What?"

I just shook my head and laid down on my side of the bed, "It's nothing" I said taking a deep breath, "Nevermind"

He leaned up on his elbow and looked down at me, "What's going on?"

"Do you not get it?" I asked resting the back of my hand on my forehead, "Do you really not get it?"

He looked confused now and looked upwards to avoid eye contact but looked down at me again, "I like you" I said, "Do I need to spell it out for you to understand that?"

"I like you too"

"I don't think you get it Patrick. It is to the point where all I want is to be with you and only you" he didn't say anything in response and I closed my eyes for a minute taking in a deep breath. I waited and hoped he would say something but I felt the bed shift and he laid down beside me.

I decided to speak again, "Don't get me wrong. The nights I spend with you are amazing but all those nights I'm without you..." I paused in hopes he might interrupt me but he never said a word and his eyes stayed fixed ont the ceiling, "Patrick you have everything I need and I have everything you need because if I didn't this thing wouldn't have lasted as long as it has"

Finally his head turned over to look at me and I looked at him. He searched my face before he finally spoke, "Where do you even come up with this stuff? It's like there's two sides to you. Last night, the way you spoke, the way you touched me, kissed me and then there's this side. This side has been dying to come out hasn't it?"

I sighed and shook my head, "Please tell me you feel somewhat the same way or just leave and put me out of my misery" my eyes stayed closed and I felt the bed shift, but instead of him getting out of bed he turned over and I could feel him over me and then his breath on my skin.

"Please tell me you'll stay with me" I whispered, "And then tell me this is not a dream"

"I told you that you didn't have to go another day without me" he replied, "I meant it"

"This is real" I said in disbelief, "This is reality?"

"This is reality. At night I'll make sure I give you everything you need, you deserve, to make you feel special. During the day I'll kiss your cheek, I'll hold your hand and tell you you're beautiful"

"This is real" I said it again because I felt like everything he was saying to me right now was a dream, because it's every bit as amazing as I imagined it would be if it ever happened. It's happening.

"You mean that?"

He smirked a little, "I have no idea where this is all coming from, but there's a reason I keep coming back to you. And those two weeks I was on the road were torture. You were all I could think about and I didn't get why. After last night, and your speech a minute ago...I finally see why"

"Enlighten me"

He sighed, "You're going to make me say it?" I just nodded and he laughed, "Okay, well I like you too. Alot."

"Better than before" I replied biting my lip. He leaned down and kissed me gently while one of my fingers twisted around a strand of his blonde hair.

"So I never have to go another day without you?" he asked.

"Never"