Status: Beginning

Come A Little Closer

Now You've Done It

Oli pulled himself from the vehicle. There was glass everywhere and they where upside down. He groaned as his body hit the roof when he undid his seatbelt. He crawled across the cold ground, getting out of the car. He crawled as quickly as his body would let him to the other side of the car to Emmie.

"Baby," He muttered, his voice cracking. "Emmie, baby. Are you all right?"

He got no response from her and he started to panic. His shaking fingers moved as quickly as they could undoing her seatbelt. Oli quickly put his hands down to catch her so she didn't hurt her head on the way down. He pulled her from the car, watching her stomach.

"Emmie, baby. I need you to get up," Oli begged, holding onto her tightly. "Honey, please."

That was when he finally noticed all the blood. Was it his? He was bleeding, but he didn't think he was bleeding that much. He saw all the blood running down her legs and immediately had to throw up. He bit back the feeling and gently laid her down. He ran to the car hoping to find his phone still intact.

"Tom!" Oli yelled when he called his brother "We got in an accident. Emmie's hurt and I think something happened to the baby, please. You have to help."

Oli hung up his phone and then called an ambulance, just as Tom had told him to do. Oli told them what had happened and where they were. He screamed that it was urgent because his pregnant wife was hurt.

"Emmie, baby you have to wake up." Oli begged. "Ellody, stay with us okay? I promise that if you stay I'll be the best father imaginable. I'll never touch a drink again, just for you and your mom, okay? Stay with me Ellody, please. I love you so much."

A part of Oli knew that there was no going back from this. He'd made the mistake of driving while angry and drunk and now he was paying the severe consequences.

"Fuck! Why is there so much blood?" He yelled. As the sirens started to get closer Oli began to fade in and out of reality. He was blacked out by the time the ambulance got to them.

....

Oli woke up what seemed like moments later in an unfamiliar room.

"Emmie?" He croaked, his voice going.

"Oliver!" His mother gasped, running to his bedside and holding his hand.

"Where's Emmie? What happened?" Oli asked, trying to sit up.

"Don't," Tom ordered. "I'll do it."

Tom moved the bed up a little so Oli was in an upright position.

"What happened?" Oli asked. "What happened to Emmie? What about the baby? How's my Ellody?"

"Sweetheart," Carol whispered softly. "The baby is gone."

"What?" Oli asked, fighting the urge to throw up.

"The crash killed the baby," Carol replied. "Ellody didn't make it. Emmie experienced a lot of trauma to her stomach and it killed the baby."

"I'm going to be sick," Oli mumbled. He turned his body away from Tom and his mother, throwing up over the side of the bed. His father was quick to toss a waste basket underneath Oli's mouth.

"Oh, fuck." Oli sobbed. "Oh my god."

Carol rubbed Oli's back as he sobbed and continued to throw up. Oli was praying that he was dreaming a horrible, horrible dream.

"How's Emmie?" Oli asked, once he had stopped throwing up.

"Devastated," Carol sighed. "She's been awake for a couple of hours, but then she falls asleep from all the pain medication."

"I want to see her," Oli stated, trying to get up.

"You need to stay in bed Oli," His father ordered. "That was a big wreck and you suffered a lot of trauma."

"I want to see my wife," Oli repeated louder.

"Oli, your dad is right. You shouldn't," Carol stated.

"Where is Emmie?" Oli asked. "Tom, take me to her."

Tom nodded and helped his older brother out of the hospital bed. He took Oli's arm and led him to the room that Emmie was in.

"Oh, baby." Oli sobbed when he saw her. Tom led him further into the room and then left him to be with Emmie.

Oli stared at his wife as she laid on her side, facing him. She was fast asleep, whether from the drugs or just not wanting to be awake, Oli wasn't sure. He lifted his cut up and bruised hand to her equally as damaged face, stroking her hair.

"I'm so sorry," He sobbed, lightly touching her face. "This is all my fault. We lost her because of me. If I hadn't of fucking drove when I was so drunk and angry. I should have listened to you and to Matt and gotten a cab."

"And now our baby is gone because of me," Oli cried. He couldn't find the words to say to tell her how sorry he was. They had been so good for a while and then he had screwed it all up by having those drinks, getting in a fight and driving. "I'm so sorry."

Emmie, without a word, raised her left hand and wrapped it around his neck. She gave him a gentle tug, pulling him onto the bed with her. She laid him in front of her so she could spoon him. At this moment any composure Oli had kept, he finally lost. He was a sobbing, sniffling, wailing mess. It wasn't a side of Oliver Sykes that was shown that often.

Emmie never spoke a word to him the entire time, she just let him cry as she stroked his hair. Oli rolled over and faced her, burying his face in her shoulder as he cried even harder. He had never felt so awful in his entire life. Emmie had never felt more numb.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and (not so) sweet. Please let me know what you think!