Status: A Growing Child :)

Along Came Awkward

Again, it was silent.

Laura and Tom laid wide awake in bed the next morning. Neither of them really talked after. They didn't kiss or cuddle or anything that usually came before or after sex. It was simply sex. The white ceiling captured their attention. It's blandness a way better escape than each other.

For Tom, he half expected it. It was great sex but certainly unexpected. What he expected was the distance and awkwardness afterward. His thoughts ran about on his body or performance. He seemed to question things he never have before when he was around her. She made him nervous and it has gotten to the point where he wasn't prepared for anything she could spring on him at any moment, nor was he shocked for when they happened. Last night being the perfect example for that.

For Laura, that was her last chance to escape. It's Friday morning which for her meant that at any minute, any second, the other Tom would be coming home from his business trip. Though not outwardly shown, she felt horrible. Laura felt like a whore - not for having sex with Tom, but she felt as though she used him and Tom certainly didn't deserve that. She simply wanted an escape from her life last night and needless to say, her escape ended in a bad way.

Her eyes dilated momentarily before returning to their usual state when the front door of the town house slammed shut. The other Tom was home.

The young Sykes gulped next to her, both still staring at the ceiling above them. It was in this moment when they both knew that nothing could be undone, wounds were opened that could never close again and that for both of them the cold hard truth was about to smash onto their plates.

"I'm married," Laura spoke clearly. She dared not look at Tom. Though she seemed suave as usual, her insides were running rampant as she heard the other Tom creak about on the lower floor.

Tom stayed silent for a moment before he spoke. "I know," the words came out. He knew it in the pit of his heart and as hard as it was for him to admit, he was shocked at how clear his voice sounded.

"I'm not sorry," she added.

"I know," Tom repeated.

They grew silent as footsteps headed up the stairs and on the floor stopping briefly before the bedroom door. They then headed towards the bathroom just next to the bedroom and Laura let out a breath of air she was holding in. This was the first time since being around Tom that she was outwardly nervous.

Tom finally tore his eyes away from the ceiling and kicked his legs over the bed, proceeding to get dressed. Laura watched him before getting out of bed and sliding on a pair of pajama shorts and a tank she had laying around.

They both froze momentarily when they heard the toilet flush next door. Tom turned and looked at Laura who retreated to sitting on the bed.

It was silent. The air was filled with tension and borderline apathy.

Tom turned and opened the door to meet face to face with the other Tom. "I had sex with your wife," he spoke before walking right past him and down the stairs. The front door slamming echoed for the second time that morning. The other Tom turned and looked at Laura who meekly sat on the bed.

Again, it was silent.

All three parties had no idea how to feel.

All three people handled situations like this different.

The young Sykes was one to retreat until it was safe to come out of hiding. He headed back to his house not allowing a single thought of the woman to enter his head. The other Tom let emotions get the best of him expressing them in a physical manifestation. That morning, a hole found its way into Laura's bedroom wall followed by angry shouts of hatred. Laura was one to take in everything, never showing much of how she felt until she was alone.

It was Friday morning.

And it grew silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you guys are probably like aldjbgadjfgbadfg wtf was that

I'm trying a new technique here.
I was hoping that by adding 8724256% more description and a lot less text, it would emphasize that though they didn't outwardly show it, this event took a heavy toll on everyone, even Laura.

I hope you guys got where I was going with this.

Thank you for being patient and not lighting me on fire.