Status: A Growing Child :)

Along Came Awkward

Four Days

"So you're definitely coming over today?" Laura smiled into the phone. She was laying on her back on her bed swinging her feet in mid air.

"Mhm," Tom hummed in response. "Why, yeh miss me?"

"No," she answered immediately before giggling shortly after. "Okay so maybe I do. Whatever."

"Yeh so lame!" He laughed.

Laura scoffed and rolled over onto her stomach. "Psh, you're acting like you don't miss me either."

"I nevah said that I did!"

"Fine then don't come," she rambled before quickly clicking the red button to end the call on her phone. She smirked at the blinking screen before it rang again a few seconds later. "Yes?" She answered trying to cover up the fact that she was laughing.

"Did yeh just hang up on me?" He laughed. "I can't believe yeh just did that!"

"Well if you didn't miss me then it doesn't matter."

"If I didn't miss yeh then why am I in yeh driveway?"

Laura accidentally let out a squeal before hanging up, running downstairs and opening the door. Tom leaned against the door frame nearly choking on his laughter. "Did yeh just squeal and run down to see meh?"

Laura scoffed before trying to shut the door in his face. "No!"

"Hey!" He grinned, putting the foot in his door. "It's okay if yeh like me yeh know. I like yeh too. I was excited to see yeh."

"I don't like you," she said, turning and heading up the stairs.

"I beg to diffah," Tom said after he let himself in and shut the door. He followed her up the stairs to her room where she was on her bed putting on a pair of shoes. "What are we doin' today?"

"I dunno," she shrugged before laying back on her bed. Tom joined her laying on his side. He raised his hand up and started playing with his hair before she swatted his hand away.

"Actually I know!" She grinned before sitting up and tying her other shoe. "Come on let's go."

"Where are we goin'?" He laughed running after the excited girl down the stairs. "Yeh garage?"

"Yup this is the part where I cut up your brains and eat you," she turned and wiggled her fingers in a manner that hoped to be threatening but caused nothing more than a simple chuckle to escape Tom's mouth.

"The only fing scary 'round here is yeh husband. Sorreh love."

Laura scoffed and rolled her eyes opening the door to the garage and closing it behind Tom. "Fuck him," she mumbled. "He's so rude sometimes." Tom grabbed her hand and pulled her to his chest. Instead of being startled by his actions, she merely gazed up at the man and narrowed her eyes. "Yes?"

"Why are yeh wiff him if he makes yeh miserable?"

She sighed and wriggled her way out of his grasp and turned towards the original reason she came in the garage. "Tom, I told you I'd tell you when you asked, but-"

"-but I just asked-"

"Yeah and I'm not telling you now. It's not the right time."

"When is it going to be the right time? Yeh tell me that yeh going to tell me and then yeh say 'it's too complicated' or 'it's not that simple.'"

"Because it's not!" Laura sputtered before sighing. "Sorry for snapping. Um," she pulled out her phone and looked at the calendar analyzing how many days were left of summer before her job actually kicked in and the reason she can't just leave her husband would return. "I'll show you in four days. Is that alright with you?"

"Show me?" Tom's nose scrunched before he nodded. "Yeah, four days. Sounds good."

"Okay good," she nodded putting her phone away. Laura walked to the far side of the garage and grabbed two long boards before returning and handing one to Tom. "I hope you know how to board 'cause that's what I figured we could do today."

Tom laughed in her face before he quickly covered his mouth and apologized. "Sorreh! I jus' nevah had someone practically volunteer to show me how to board before! Very funneh!"

"Do you know how?"

"Psh," he grinned. "Before the end o' the night, I might be teaching you a thing or two."

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes. "We have to leave anyways. Tom will be back soon and-"

"Yeah I don't feel like running from him again. He seems like one of them guys that if I had to fight, I'd probably lose."

She grinned and opened the garage door for them to exit before closing it. "Yeah no offense, but you're kind of scrawny."

Tom frowned watching her as she carried the board to the end of the driveway before she got on it and started heading down the road. He looked down at himself and sighed. He definitely was not muscular and for some reason it bothered him when she said that. Shaking his head, Tom hopped on his board and quickly caught up to her pacing his board to ride next to hers.

"Well it's about time you caught up!" She grinned.

Tom mocked her in a high voice before reaching out and grabbing her hand. They both stumbled at first but quickly caught on to the others pace and pushed off when needed at the same time. They skated down the road hand-in-hand towards the direction of Tom's house.

Tom let go of her hand before stepping off his board and up to his front door where he waited to let Laura in. As soon as the door was shut, Laura took both boards and leaned them against the wall before turning and kissing Tom's neck.

Tom quickly picked her up and carried her off to his bedroom where they made love for the second time in their friendship.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone stayed safe during the Hurricane. My family and I are all okay. I send my best wishes <3