Status: Almost finished :)

Inability To Love, (You've Had Me On My Knees Before.)

Chapter seven

"Hi," Hollie greeted nervously but still managing to smile softly as she finally aproached Jaxon who was still sitting at Leon and Eli's table.
Jaxon jumped to his feet not wanting to be sitting down and at a disadvantage. He needed to be in control for this conversation, but god, did he feel sick. His head was spinning and his heart was pounding and that speech! Jaxon was reeling, didnt know what to think or feel, he wished Katie was next to him telling him what to say and do. He felt like running away to hyperventilate but instead he rolled his shoulders and said,

"Hey, that err, that was some speech."

Wow Jax, youre a genius, no really, youre a poet. Ugh.

Hollie ducked her head, suddenly shy at actually hearing his voice after so long, she'd missed him, so freaking much, her stomach was going crazy twisting into knots and swirling like a whirlpool, God did he ever look good in a suit and his blue tie, Hollie brushed her fingers against the silk of it.

"Y'know blue really brings out you eyes."

Jaxon stayed quiet, his navy blue eyes intense as they stared into Hollies, searching for something in their depths. Hollie gulped and prayed to god that he would find what he was looking for in them. She felt like an ant under a microscope and was-it-getting-hot-in-here-or-is-it-just-me?

"Did you mean it?" Jaxon suddenly asked so low she barely heared him over the music from the band.

It dawned on her that this was it, this was the make or break moment, she couldnt fuck this up, her future was weighing on how the next few minutes played out. You can do this Hols, man up!

She took a deep breath, whispered a silent prayer in her head.

"I meant every word, I swear to god Jax! I love you, I always have, Im a total idiot for thinking I wasnt in love with you, you're everything to me, you're IT, there's noone else, there should never have been anyone else, hell if my dad was here he'd be kicking my arse for screwing us up!" Jaxon chuckled softly at that and Hollie took advantage of the moment, taking one of his hands in both of her much smaller ones, her voice taking on a more serious tone, green eyes boring into blue.

"What happened with Caleb, that was me being weak, me being afraid, you make me feel things i dont even understand, things so strong they freak me the fuck out, Caleb's always been there for me, my entire life and hes like, a safety blanket you know, hes safe and predictable, i know him better then i know myself half of the time and other then Lance hes my best mate but you... Youre messy and you have opinions and you like things your own way and youre brave and strong and undamaged and beautiful and if you take me back, which i hope and pray to god that you do, i wont ever see him again. If thats what you want, ill stay so far away from him itll be like were on different planets."

"You mean so much more to me, youre the best thing that has ever happened to me, youre perfect and i love you. I love you Jaxon William Henderson. I wanna grow old with you and have kids with you and grandkids and i want us to still hold hands even when were eighty and wrinkly," They stood staring at each other in silence until Jaxon's face split into the biggest grin Hollie had ever seen. She felt like someone had shoved a pipe down her throat and was pumping her chest full of helium and then she was giggling and so was Jaxon and it was breathtaking, the sparkle in his eyes.

"God i love saying that! I love you, I love you, I love you, I..." she was cut off as Jaxon crushed their lips together, curling his body around her slighter one.

Bliss.

That was the only word that came to Hollies mind as she twisted her dainty fingers in to Jaxons hair, kissing back just as passionately. Like a starving woman being reaquainted with food she clung on to him in case he suddenly dissapeared and Hollie woke up in bed, panting, soaked with cold sweat and alone.

After what felt like an eternity and a blink of an eye Jaxon pulled away to heave in a lungfull of air, their foreheads pressed together as he cradled Hollies face in his hands.

"This isnt gonna be easy, y'know this doesnt mean everything is perfect or forgotten right? We're gonna have to start anew and work at this, at us." Hollie nodded and pulled Jaxon back for a kiss so loving and sweet it could make teeth rot.

"I'll do anything for you, these past months have been hell, seriously, I've driven Gwen out of her mind crazy, its proved i cant be without you..." she paused, smiling as she interwinded their fingers. "I love you."

Jaxon grinned, wide and bright and hopeful, because this time it would be right. They were ready now. "I love you too."

xXxxxXx

Across the room the newly made Mrs Owens and Katie giggled at their friends finally reuninting.

"People can act so stupid when theyre in love." Katie annouced smugly, clinking her champagne glass against Gwens in celebration.

"They sure do." She replied her cheeks feeling as warm as her heart, Katie nodded tearing her gaze away from the embracing couple who had begun to sway to the music. Gwen followed her shift of eyeline and didnt miss the poorly veiled longing in Katies eyes as she watched Leon dancing like an idiot with Gwen's husband and Eli.

Now that Jaxon and Hollie were fixed it was time to sort out Katies love life, Gwen smirked the sweetest most coniving smile the world had ever seen before asking;

"So when are you and Leon getting hitched then?"

xXxXxXxLe fini!xXxXxXx
♠ ♠ ♠
Epilogue to come so stay tuned, let me know whatcha think :) x