‹ Prequel: Can't Catch a Shadow
Sequel: Can't See the Truth
Status: This installment is finished. For more fun with the crew, look at the sequels and prequels! Thank you so much for everything you bros have done!!

Can't Handle This

Chapter 4

Tony hoped desperately that Antoinette liked her room. It had been personally one of his favorites. He hoped that her smile had not been a fake one when as she toted her bag in. he told her too many times to count to ask himself or JARVIS if she needed anything from a clean towel to a more comfortable mattress. He would’ve offered to repaint the room if she wanted, but for all he knew, she could be leaving tomorrow.

He sat at the kitchen table by himself after Antoinette had said goodnight when Clint and Steve sat down next to him.

“Is everything okay?” Steve asked once he was settled. “You seem kind of…out of it.”

Tony looked at the small scars and calluses on his hands. “I...I have a daughter,” he said quietly. “After all these years, I have a daughter.” He looked up at Steve with tears starting to form. “And after what I’ve seen, I couldn’t be prouder.”

“And to think you’ve just met her,” Clint chimed in. “Most parents need an excuse to be proud of their child.”

Tony chuckled and looked at Clint. “If they’re lucky.”

Clint nodded. “If they’re lucky,” he agreed.

Tony knew about Clint’s past. His life had been pretty rough until Coulson found him and brought him to S.H.I.E.L.D. Steve was the only “privileged” child at the table, and his life still wasn’t picture perfect.

“Why do you think she came here?” Tony asked after a brief silence.

“I don’t know, Tony. Maybe she desperately wanted to meet her dad.”

“Or she’s running,” Clint interjected. The thought sent a shiver of anger up his spin, but for what reason, he wasn’t sure. “But when someone runs away, they don’t seek out their parents.”

“She doesn’t seem like that kind of person to just run away,” Steve said. “But who knows? Maybe she’ll just tell us.”
-----
Antoinette woke up in morning not knowing where she was. Then, it finally hit her.

She was with her dad

She got out of the comfortable bed smiling and walked into the kitchen. She saw a large, blonde man sitting at the table with Clint and the man that had been pouting in the corner down in the lab. She stopped in the threshold and watched them talk until Clint noticed her presence.

“Hey!” he exclaimed happily. “Good morning! These are some of our fellow Avengers.”

The blonde man stood. “I am Thor Odinson. And this is my brother, Loki, God of Mischief. And you are?”

Antoinette paused, unable to speak. Two gods under one roof? How strange. “Uh…I’m Antoinette. Tony’s daughter.”

“I didn’t know Tony had a daughter.”

Antoinette spun around to see a red-headed woman that wasn’t Pepper. “I’m Natasha. Don’t mind me.”

All of a sudden, Antoinette felt very insecure in her cupcake pajamas. She blushed ever so slightly and shuffled into the kitchen itself. “It’s great to meet you all,” she said quietly. The fridge was kind of bare; less than half a gallon of milk, a half eaten cake with chocolate frosting, and a lone orange. So she tried the cabinets. All she found was pasta and PopTarts with Thor’s name on them. She decided not to touch either of those.

“Don’t eat Thor’s PopTarts.” Clint said from directly behind her.

“Didn’t plan on it.” she replied. “What are we supposed to eat around here?”

“Pancakes.” Steve said from the other end of the kitchen. “It’s a thing. Clint makes pancakes.”

“With what?” she asked. “I don’t see any food around here.”

“I have a secret pancake ingredient stash. It’s hidden in the ceiling because nobody goes into the ceiling.” Clint said delightedly.

“So let me get this straight,” Antoinette said slowly. “You have a secret pancake stash in the ceiling, but you don’t keep the rest of the kitchen stocked?”

“Nope.” Clint said seriously. “That’s your father’s job.”

Antoinette shrugged and watched Clint jump onto the counter, then into the ceiling through an air vent. She looked after him, slightly confused.

“He likes high places.” Natasha said from the table. “He can see everyone that comes and goes. It’s impossible to sneak up on him that way. It makes him…happy.”

Clint came back, arms full with everything needed to make and decorate pancakes. He walked around the kitchen like he owned it. And, by the look of all the other’s, he basically did. Nobody dared to interfere with Clint and his pancakes.

Antoinette walked over to him slowly and looked over his shoulder. “How are they coming?”

“Don’t know.” He responded. “Try some.”

He hadn’t been aiming for her face. He just hadn’t realized that she had been standing so close to him. His hand quickly went to his mouth, partially in shock and partially to hold back giggles. “I’m so sorry!” he said quickly.

Antoinette, feeling the need for revenge, grabbed a pancake from off the large plate and held it up. “You hit me in face…with a pancake.”

“I’m sorry!” he said, cowering behind the spatula.

She wound up and threw the flapjack in his direction. Clint dodged and the pancake hit Steve square in the back of the head. He spun around, some of the pancake dangling in front of his eyes. “Who threw that?!” he shouted, not exactly sounding angry.

“Loki did it!” Clint shouted with a devilish grin.

“Wait! Did wha-“

The god was interrupted by three pancakes to the face and one to his chest.

“PANCAKE FIGHT!” Natasha shouted as she reached for the plate.
----
Tony walked into the kitchen to find coffee. What he found was less of a kitchen and more of a war zone.

He stormed up the table and looked at everyone eating their whipped cream covered pancakes. As he looked closer, he noticed that all of them were covered in bits and pieces of other pancakes.

“What happened here?” Tony demanded.

Clint and Antoinette smiled at each other. “I made pancakes” Clint said innocently.