The Man I Thought I'd Never Love

Chapter 1

“Cassie if you don’t hurry we’re gonna make you walk to the concert!” my older brother Zacky yelled from downstairs. “That wouldn’t be nice. Besides it’s not like she needs the exercise, the girl’s thin enough as it is.” I heard Bryan say quietly in response. Okay so yes Zacky is my older brother, his full name is Zackary Baker, but his stage name is Zacky Vengeance. He’s 10 years older than I am, and belongs to a screamo band known as Avenged Sevenfold. I’ve grown up listening to Zacky’s music, and for the last 5 years I’ve been supporting him and his crazy friends.
There’s Jimmy Sullivan-The Rev who is the oldest of the bunch. He plays the drums and his offstage name is stretch because he’s extraordinarily tall. Then his exact opposite is Johnny Seward-Johnny Christ, who is a killer bass player, his nickname is short shit, because….well…he’s rather short. My brother plays rhythm guitar, and always next to him is Brian Haner Jr.-Synyster Gates. I have no idea where he got his stage name but yeah. Then there’s Matt Sanders- M. Shadows who is the lead singer, he’s kind of like the father, or in more common words, he keeps the guys in line. He has the most amazing girlfriend ever, and her name is Val. Even though she’s a lot older than me, we’re still pretty close. So now you know the insane family.
“Cassandra Isabelle Baker, if you don’t get your skinny ass down here in 5 seconds I’m gonna have Gates come up there and dress you himself!” Zacky yelled from downstairs again while Brian quietly objected. I wasn’t really concerned because I was already dressed, I just needed more time. Time Zacky obviously wasn’t going to give me.
I slid into my black converse that went very well with my outfit. I was wearing a blue t-shirt with black music signs on it, and rips in the arms, and black skinny jeans. I heard Brian come up the stairs and stop at my door. I giggled at how he hesitated to open it. “Wow Syn, taking chances much? I could have been completely naked, and you would’ve just walked in like that. No knock or anything.” I said giggling as he walked in the door. His big brown eyes popped against my dark purple walls. “Yea I live for thrill. Now enough with this makeup crap. You look gorgeous without it, come on.” He said as he snatched my tube of mascara out of my little hand and tossed it on my bed to the side of the room. My eyes followed it, and his eyes remained on me. I smiled at his kind words, even though he was probably saying whatever it took to get me out of the room. But I really wanted to put my makeup on. So I tried to sprint to my bed, but before I could blink his huge, muscular frame blocked my path. “Oh no you don’t, if you’re going to be childish about this, then you leave me no choice my dear.”
Without another word, he scooped me up effortlessly, and carried me fireman style. At which point I started to kick, trying to get him to put me down. “Brian freakin’ Haner Jr put me down right now, or I swear the moment you do I will kick your ass!” I yelled, still struggling. I didn’t have much success, since he is so much stronger than me. He simply chuckled, grabbed my bag and headed down stairs. I gave up on my feeble attempts and just hung there limply; waiting for the moment when he set me back on my feet so I could go through with my violent promise.
We were the last ones out the door. Zacky and Matt both lost it as they saw the force Brian had, had to use on me to remove me from my room. “Wow Syn I just wanted her out of her room, but out of the house works too. You might not want to put her down until she gets on the bus. You wouldn’t want to chase her. She’s small but faster than a damn speeding bullet.” Matt said in between fits of laughter. “Oh I’m sure I could catch her.” Brian replied. I felt him chuckle under me. “Only if you’re not drunk, and I’m jogging.” I mumbled under my breath. Apparently he heard me, because he set me on my feet, and violently started tickling my sides. I laughed, and screamed at the same time, immediately dropping to my knees. Zacky took his turn tickling me next, but I was able to kick him in the shin, as I grabbed Brian’s leg for protection. Matt was doubled over in laughter now. “Two against one, that’s not even fair. Especially since you two have arms the size of my neck.” I said, grasping tighter to Brian’s leg. Matt and Zacky were still laughing. “Okay enough horsing around get in the bus already!” Johnny yelled from inside the bus. “Oh calm down short shit we’ll be there in a minute. Whether or not that’s before I threaten to backhand Cassie or not….I’m not sure.” Brian said with an evil grin, while looking down at me. “I’m not scared of you, or anything else for that matter.” I stated simply, as I stood up.
I kept eye contact with him the entire time. We stood there in silence, just staring into each other’s eyes. All time seemed to briefly stand still. I was close enough to feel his breath gently caress my skin. “You never have been…That’s what scares me.” He said taking my cold hand in his large warm one, and leading me to the bus. He helped me up the stairs, even though I didn’t need it. My mind was stuck on his last words. His melodic voice was repeating over, and over in my head. I took a seat in the chair behind Matt’s driver’s seat and stared out the window. Admiring the scenery, the same scenery it’d been since I was a kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, I made up Cassie. Hope you enjoy her =D it gets better I swear. let me know what you think