Status: complete

A Would-Be Heartache

1/1

Every girl gets her heart broken once or twice in her lifetime. It could be a small heart ache that removes the girl from the world for a matter of days. She wears sweatpants and keeps her hair in a messy bun while eating ice cream out of the carton and watching the news. She cries once or twice, and then has this epiphany that she doesn’t need such a guy, that there are more guys out there for her, just waiting. So she gets up off the couch, goes out in the best dress she has with her friends and moves on with her life. She’ll go get married and one day look back and think of the time this one random guy broke her heart and realize that her husband is so much better than he was. Or it could be a heart ache that completely destroys her.

It could be a guy that treated her like a princess for years. They were happy and in love, with a few spats that barely tainted such an amazing relationship. She would love him with all her heart and he loved her in return. She would do anything for him, even if it meant getting up off the couch to get a drink though she just sat down. She would kiss him on a daily basis and tell him that he is her world, and she is so happy to have him in it. She would caress his face just to feel the hairs pricking her fingers, laughing when he gives her “the look,” which essentially meant he was questioning her sanity. He would kiss her neck passionately and she would feel her heart soar out of her chest. He would make her feel alive to the fullest extent possible. They would share every waking moment together and when they weren’t together, they were dreaming about each other and wishing they could be in the same bed. She would photograph any big trips they went on and the pictures would turn out amazingly well. She would put the pictures in a purple picture album and hide it away from the rest of the world. Those pictures were hers and no one would take them from her. She kept extras in a box on the bookshelf because they were so adorable she would end up giving them to him in a scrapbook. In return, he would give her a ring and that would be the greatest present she ever received. She would wear it every day and muse at its beauty, showing it off to the rest of the world. She would go to sleep with a smile on her face because he just made her so happy. She would dream of the family they would have together and their daughter’s beautiful blue eyes with specks of green around the iris. The daughter would have his eyes, and curly blonde hair. She would be their world. Until then, they would get numerous pets and call them their children. A ferret, that they would name Pyper, and a snake, that they would name Dwight, would exist as the children. The relationship would be a happy one. It would last for two years and two months, almost on the verge of three before tragedy would strike.

He would begin to doubt his love for her. He would begin to believe that he was not right for her. He would be wrong, but he would believe he was right. He would think that she would find someone better in the world because they would be only the age of sixteen. He would be wrong, but he would believe he was right. She would break in his hands before she would even try to stop him from leaving.

She would end up withdrawing from the world. She would end up ignoring him completely in the three classes they have together, even though they sit beside each other. She would try not to let the tears fall down her face even if they would escape during math class one day. She would try not to let him see the pain she absorbed in his departure. She would try not to be annoyed by her friends who talk to him instead of her. She would try not to feel anything for him. She would try not to feel hollow and lifeless because he wouldn’t even look in her direction. She would try to forget that he killed her inside, charring her heart like fire chars wood.. She would cry every night in her bed listening to sad music. She would see the box of pictures, or the ferret, and would remember all the times they had together. She would black out the thirteenth of May on her calendar because that was their anniversary date. She would dread going to school because she would see him and have to look at the ground.

She would feel dead.

She wouldn’t be able to talk to him. She wouldn’t be able to look at him. She would, however, be able to smile and pretend that she was okay when the entire time her chest ached for something she missed: him. She would have to wait for him to talk to her, and in the mean time she would day dream of him approaching her and kissing her passionately on the lips. She would cry for the day that would happen. Until then, she would have to wait patiently for him to realize he was wrong. Until then, she would have to wait for him to love her again.

Until then, I will wait for him to love me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
pretty self explanatory.