‹ Prequel: We Are Young
Sequel: The Motto

Secrets

Jayden

Jayden looked at her perfectly organized breakfast in front of her. She was with her new guardian at Brandon’s house.

She wanted to take that bite, she wanted to eat like a normal person. But she loved it when they spent time with her. She loved it when she got attention. She got the chance at a new life with her eating disorder. What else could she get?

She decided to eat, if she used her powers for evil things it would never work when she needed it. She would save it for the perfect occasion.



“Rumor has it” Kaya started. “Liv slept with Jill…don’t ask I don’t know…Taylor found out and broke up with Jill and now Liv has a crush on Brandon…according to Brianna”

Jayden stopped in her tracks. She was barely listening to Kaya but when she saw Liv talking to Brandon she panicked. Liv was clearly the new Kaci.

“Oh wow” Kaya said. “She works fast…but there friends. Brandon conforted her when she broke up with Taylor last year, maybe she’s looking for some guidance”

“she has Brianna, that’s what Brianna’s for!” Jayden exclaimed.

“Brianna’s not talking to her anymore”

“Well she has you!”

“I’m with Brianna on this one” Jayden got a bit frustrated. “Are you jealous?”

“I trust Brandon, I just don’t trust Liv. She cheated on Taylor, what if she betrays me too?”

“Jayden relax” Kaya said. “You’re overreacting. Brianna told me Liv would never go there”

“Doesn’t mean she wouldn’t try to got here”



Jayden looked at the lunch Brandon’s mom packed her. It was filled with delicious, healthy foods to ease her back into eating so she didn’t feel so insecure about gaining weight quickly. She couldn’t do it. She could not bring herself to take the bag to lunch with her, instead she threw it out on the way to the cafeteria and plead she didn’t have money. No one would know.



Within the next weeks, her eating patterns started to change. She would eat breakfast then immediately go to the bathroom. She would either forget her lunch at home or throw it out when she got there. And then she would either take a nap during dinner, or plea being sick.



“Hey Bran, can you check my bag for my folder!” Jayden exclaimed from her room upstairs. Brandon ran over to her back pack.

“It’s here!” he exclaimed. he checked her bag for her lunch, he sercretly did that. Since it’s been awhile he stopped doing that. “Where’s your lunch?” he asked himself. He went into the kitchen but it was gone. He had to check the trash can, and there it was, sitting right there a brown paper back. “Fuck” he said.

Jayden ran downstairs. “Thanks” she grabbed her bag.

“Hey, did mom make you lunch this morning?” he asked.

“Yeah I have it” she lied. Brandon looked into the trash can again. Something was going on, and it had something to do with him.

“Oh, okay” Jayden headed out the door. “Fuck this is all my fault” he said. he punched the fridge but regretted it after the pain set in.