‹ Prequel: We Are Young
Sequel: The Motto

Secrets

Everyone

The day of graduation. Everyone was so excited before, but after recent events things just wouldn’t be the same.

“I can’t do this” Christian said.

“Why not? You’ve worked so hard for this moment” Brandon told him.

“It just doesn’t feel right without Kaci or Kaya”

“I know it doesn’t, trust me it feels so weird being without them. But we have to learn to adjust” Christian sighed.

“Don’t make me do this”

“I will drag you across that stage!” Brandon threatened. “And you will like it!”

“Okay”

“Have you heard anything on Steve?” Brandon asked.

“Nope, I just know he ran away late last night”



Jayden looked around the auditorium, seats were filling up fast. She was wondering about Steve, if he was going to come or if he was ever going to call her.

She couldn’t worry about multiple people at once. Like Christian and his sanity, then Kat and Kylan then Steve all at once, it was too hard.

Finally, he called.

“STEVE!” she exclaimed.

“Calm down I’m alright”

“I know you are, so you’re not coming?”

“I can’t Jay”

“I know you can’t, and I don’t blame you. Fuck, I’d be with you if you gave me some notice” he chuckled.

“I just need time. Did you keep my promise?”

“Haven’t said a word to anyone”

“Thanks, Jay”

“No problem, just get home safely for Kaya and I’s sake okay?” he giggled again.

“Of course I will. If anything I’ll be back for orientation for WSU”

“That’s a long time from now”

“I just need the time to think”

“Ok. Remember to call or write or something on your whereabouts. Don’t leave me worrying for too long”

“I promise I wont, I’ll call when I need mental help. You know I will”

“Yeah, call soon”

“Bye”

“Bye” she whispered. She hung up.

“Hey Jay”

“Yeah?”

“We’ve been wondering about Steve” Christian said. “Do you know where he is?” Jayden shook her head.

“I have no idea”



Zack strolled in casually to the graduation. “Well, this is awkward” he said to himself.

“No, I think it’s really brave of you” His brother Kevin told him. “I couldn’t do this”

“I just want to see my friends graduate”

“Are you gonna try again like Christian?” Zack shook his head.

“I wish I could but I don’t feel it. I’m gonna get my GED and try to go to college. And if I can’t I’ll work”

“Well at least you have it figured out”

“I know, I was worried everything was going to fall apart”

“I’m still proud of you” Zack smiled.

“Thanks”

“So what’s going on with Jill?” Zack groaned. They took their seats in the auditorium. “Sorry if it’s a soar subject”

“It’s just, my ex-girlfriend is a killer, bro” Zack said. “and it’s kind of humiliating”

“She was your girlfriend before she went psycho and killed Kaya, not after. So your good. So what happened?”

“She’s was convicted with some degree of murder and she’s going to prison”

“Really?” Zack nodded. “Wow that’s intense”

“She deserves it. I miss Kaya like crazy, even though we all kind of disconnected this year”

“Wow”

“Stop saying wow”

“I’m just shocked that your ex-girlfriend is a psycho” Zack sighed. Kevin laughed. “COuldn’t help myself”



The graduation was beautiful, and the dedication to Kaya was magnificent, all in all it wasn’t that bad.

“Taylor Michael Crawford” someone announced. Taylor smiled as he walked across the stage, he almost did a backflip he was so happy.

“Olivia Rose Henderson” Taylor attacked Liv with a hug when she got to the stairs.

“Christian Jonathan Hoult” Christian got his diploma and met Taylor at the end where they hugged, they waited for Jayden.

“Jayden Marie Hyland” Jayden hugged the four of them when she got to the end.

Yup, out of the ten original characters, only four of them were graduation that night. How sad is that?



Jayden and Liv trudged through the cemetery toward Kaya’s grave. She’s only been dead for a week but it feels like months.

“Did you ever imagine visiting a friends grave before?” Liv asked Jayden.

“No, never. Not until I’m old at least”

“Yeah, I thought I was going to do that in like fifty years, visiting my dead old friends” they giggled. “I just can’t believe she’s buried under the ground now”

“I know, what if she’s still alive and she needs help”

“Don’t worry Kylan put her cell phone in her casket” they giggled. “Just in case”

They finally got to her grave. “Wow” was all Liv could say. “it looks so creepy”

“That’s because it’s dark and it’s a full moon” Jayden put Kaya’s graduation cap on top of her grave and moved the tassel. “You still graduated with us Kay” they both smiled.

“Class of 2013 forever”



Kylan Thorne strolled through the halls like always. He didn’t care what people said about him or Kaya or whether they said sorry, he didn’t care.

He headed to the hall of fame, where they kept pictures of the graduates and past teachers. There was a little section for fallen students, he placed Kaya’s senior picture right next to Kaci’s. he smiled at it.

He turns to us, like we’re watching him. He winks.

The next generation.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah, that's it
but there is another generation of crazy students so yeah there's a sequel to this. It's in the works, but it's called "The Motto"

It features Kylan of course and Zack's little brother, Kevin and Lauren Perry and others of course