‹ Prequel: We Are Young
Sequel: The Motto

Secrets

Christian

“I’m seriously watching my life fall apart” Christian told himself. He looked around the four walls of his two room apartment. It was so shit. “I’m going to watch myself go to utter bullshit” Chrstian smirked. “All because of some stupid slut”

He had come to terms with Kaci, he didn’t’ want her anymore. Before he wanted to be with her one last time, but now he was just annoyed. Kaci ruined his life. Why would he want her anymore?

He was stuck in this shitty apartment, he had a dead end job, he has no further education to back him up financially and no parents to care for him. He’s truly all by himself. He can’t even afford weed.



Christian came into work. Brandon watched him mope his way behind the counter to grab his apron.

“You okay?” Brandon asked.

“Not really” Christian said. “But I’ve realized something”

“What have your realized?”

“You’re right, Brandon” Christian said. “She was just some girl who fucked the whole world…I’m over it, I actually hate her for ruining my life like this”

Brandon smirked. “I’m glad you’re getting better”

“I’m watching my life fall apart. My apartment is shitty, my job doesn’t pay enough to buy a better place, I can’t get a better job because I have no education or experience and my mom hates me, life fucking sucks” Brandon gave him a pat on the back.

“Everything will work itself out”

“No it won’t!” Christian exclaimed. “I thought it would, I thought after a while I would get over Kaci, I would graduate and I would be in college but it didn’t work out, I was so depressed and I wanted to kill myself!” Christian exclaimed. “Now, I’ve just delayed the inevitable and I’m back to wanting to kill myself”

“Just find a new muse” Brandon said. “Find something else besides weed and worrying and Kaci” he said. “Like a new hobby or something”

Kaya walked into the pizza shop with Jayden. “Hey baby” Jayden kissed Brandon the lips. “Ready?” Christian stared at Kaya for a while.

Kaya looks just like Kaci, like it’s almost uncanny. The green eyes, the brown hair, they have similar face shapes. They look so alike. Maybe Kaya was his new muse, his new interest.

Kaya noticed Christian was staring at her. She waved at him. He waved back. Steve walked in and put his arm around Kaya. Christian sighed.

“Hey Chris” Brandon said on his way out. “Maybe you can move in with me and my mom…” he started. “I have a bunk bed, and my mom loves you” Christian smiled.

See, he thought, liking Kaya already had it’s benefits.



After school Christian waited outside the school and watched Kaya get on the bus. She walked like Kaci, she moved like Kaci, she was basically Kaci with a different less in-your-face personality.

Kaya noticed Christian at the end of the street staring at her. Kaya walked down the hill. “This is super creepy, Chris” she said.

“What?” he asked.

“Ok, whatever, you’re staring at me all the time, well it’s creepy”

“Sorry”

“Do you like me or something?”

“You just…you’re…”

“So what, I know I look like Kaci I get that a lot” Kaya said. “But I’m not Kaci” she said. “I’m completely different from her, for one I’m not a cheap slut” she explained. “Get yourself together man!” she pushed Christian. “Come back to high school, get your diploma, go to college and get your life together!” she shoved Christian again, this time he fell over.

“Whoa, calm down”

“You still have a chance, re-enroll and do your senior year over before it’s too late. You can still make sense of your shitty life!”

“Fine, fine!”

“Thank you” Kaya headed back to her bus. Christian got to his feet.

“You know, that’s the way Kaci would act” Christian yelled to her.

“Yeah, in bed” Christian giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
short lived secret 3: Christian likes Kaya