Is Imprinting Supposed to Be This Weird

2

I pulled up to Charlie’s house and knocked on the door. Bella answered and looked at me confusedly.

“Jacob, what’s wrong? Have you been crying?”

“C-can I talk?”

“Of course, come in. Sorry about the mess, I’ve been packing.”

She led me into the kitchen. We sat down and I told her my story about Daisy. She stared at me the whole time.

“Jake, are you sure you imprinted on Daisy?” she asked.

“Yes! All I could think about was her! She was my other half and now she’s gone! I don’t know why I even came here, you obviously don’t care! Bye Bella!”

I stormed out of there and ran into that blonde spiky haired kid Mike. We had both fallen over and I offered him my hand. When he took it I felt a warmth filling me. I stared into his beautiful blue eyes and was lost. He had a dreamy look on his face as he stared into my eyes.

“I-I’m sorry,” I stuttered out. Oh real smooth Jake!

“It-it’s no problem. My fault really,” he squeaked. It was cute though.

What’s happening to me? I feel different.

Congrats Mr. Stupid, you’ve just imprinted…again.

It was my imprinting conscious. How can I imprint again? I asked it.

Well your first imprint was a flower and died so this time you get to imprint on a human. And lucky you gets a boy! This doesn’t happen often.

So I imprinted on a boy?

Yes, you know what a boy is I assume. I mean you are one. You are a boy correct?

“Yes I am a boy!” I shouted out loud. I looked down and saw Mike staring at me with a confused expression on his face. “I mean um…”

“Ok. I was supposed to help Bella pack. I’ll um see you later ok…”

“Jacob,” I reminded him.

“Jacob. I’ll remember that.” He smiled at me and started for the door.

“Hey, Mike!” he turned around with a grin. “Would you like to get dinner with me tonight?”

“Sure, it sounds fun.”

“I’ll pick you up tonight, does six-thirty sound good?”

“Perfect. Here’s my phone number and address.” He scribbled it down on a piece of paper from his back pocket.

I ripped the bottom part off and scribbled down my number and address.

“See you tonight,” he said.

“Yeah, tonight.”

He grinned and walked into the house. I walked to my car and drove a mile or two before getting out. After making sure no one was around I started shouting and jumping for joy. This time I wasn’t going to kill the person I imprinted on! That was a promise!