Is Imprinting Supposed to Be This Weird

3

When I got home I quickly jumped in the shower. When I finished making myself smell nice and not like the forests. Maybe I should start showering more often, it feels nice. In my room I started tearing apart my dressers to find something nice to wear. There was nothing! The last nice thing I had was what I wore to Bella’s prom over a year ago and I grew out of it a few weeks later.

“Dad!” I shouted.

“What is it?” he sighed.

“I have nothing to wear!” I sounded like a teenage girl.

“What?!”

“I have a date tonight and I have no good clothes! What am I going to do?!”

“I’m home!” a voice called as the front door slammed shut.

“Rachel! Thank god!” I yelled. “Get up here pronto!”

“What’s with him?” she asked.

“I think hormones but I’m not completely sure,” dad said.

“I heard that! Rachel, now!”

“I’m coming! God, I leave and you get more annoying!”

She ran up the steps and stopped in my doorway.

“Crap! Jake, what the hell happened to you? When I left you were this scrawny little kid. Now you’re…well this,” she said, pointing to me.

“Just help me!”

“Fine, what do you need help with?”

“I need a nice outfit for tonight. I have a date.”

“Really? With who? Is it Bella Swan? I heard you were hanging out with her a lot.”

“No it’s someone different.”

“Who?”

“Mike Newton,” I whispered.

“Mike? As in short for Michelle?”

“No Mike as in short for Michael.”

“As in a boy?”

“Yes,” I snapped.

“You’re dating a…boy?”

“Yes Rachel! A boy! Big freaking whoop! Can you just help me with an outfit?!”

“Of course. Now where are you going?”

“I don’t know, I was gonna take him out for dinner…”

“You haven’t planned any of this have you?” she sighed.

“No.”

“Ok. Get some jeans on, we’re going out.”

“Where?”

“Store of course.”

I changed into a pair of jeans and shirt and ran downstairs where Rachel was waiting.

Forty minutes later we were at a men’s store and I was being forced into a dressing room. I may be bigger then Rachel but she’s my older sister and can make me do anything. Plus she’s scary when she doesn’t get her way.

“Jacob Black! If you don’t hurry up and get your mutant butt out here in five seconds I will go in there and change you myself!” she shouted.

“Calm yourself woman!”

“Jacob…”

“I’m coming!”

I stepped out of the dressing room and her scrunched up face smoothed out then broke into a smile.

“Perfect. Let’s go, we need to do something about your hair.”

“My hair?”

At six twenty-five I was standing in front of the Newton’s house. My hair was trimmed and pulled back into a perfect ponytail. The outfit Rachel had picked out was a pair of black dress pants, a plain white shirt, a dark blue tie, and black dress shoes. Hopefully I wouldn’t get mad and ruin everything.

After taking a few deep breaths I rang the doorbell and waited. The door opened and Mike came out. He was dressed similarly except with a deep green tie.

“Great minds think alike,” he said, laughing.

“Yeah. So I was thinking of going to the Lodge. There’s not many choices around here,” I said shyly.

“I love the Lodge.”

“Cool.”

We went to my car and I started the ten minute drive.

“You built this right?” Mike asked.

“Yeah.”

“That’s so cool! I wish I could do that but I’m not that good of a mechanic.”

“We could work on a car together one day. If you want.”

“Sounds good to me.”

We went into the restaurant and were seated. Because I didn’t want to seem like a pig I chose a burger and some fries. While we waited for our food Mike and I talked. It wasn’t awkward at all!

“So where are you going for college?” I asked.

“Washington State. Where do you want to go?”

“Probably there if I go. I need to be close by to my dad.”

“That’s cool that you care so much.”

“Well it’s just him and me. My sisters are living their lives else where so he needs some company.”

“How long till you graduate?”

“About two years.”

The waitress gave us the food and we continued our conversation.

“So are you going to the Bella’s wedding?” he asked.

“I don’t think so. We aren’t really on the same page right now.”

“Oh. I was thinking we could go together.” He looked so cute, looking down at his burger and playing with a fry.

“Well maybe I’ll go. It’ll be good if I know someone else there besides just the Cullens, Charlie, and Bella.”

“What happened between you two?”

“A lot of stuff.”

“Was it that bad?”

“Yeah, it was a pretty messy fight.”

“No blood I hope,” he laughed.

“Nope.”

It took forever for dinner to finish. We were talking and joking around so much. When we were both finished I brought him back to his house.

“I had a great night, thanks for everything,” he said before getting out of the car.

“I had a great time too. We should really do this again.”

“Definitely.”

He smiled and got out of the car. I watched him walk to the door then I drove away. This imprint would be the one I would keep forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
CellyCyanide thought I should continue this so I did. This’ll be the last chapter.