Status: Just started :]

Forbidden

One

I had never been pleased with all that had been promised to me. Of course, I was offered many things- but none seemed desireable. My mother and father blamed it simply on my bitter and cold demeanour- being the daughter of the Goddess of Winter and the God of War- it was only natural that I be that way. It was also expected that as I grew from a young child into a full fledged woman- I would make something of myself. But, my parents being as demanding as they are- they decided to plan everything out for me. So, as a young child I was promised to wed the eldest son of Odin- our King. As it was destined for me to eventually become the queen of Asgard- my father found it necessary to train me as a warrior as well as royalty. My young days were full of sword and combat training, schooling, ettiquette training and princess classes- for the lack of a better phrase. The normalcies of my life seemed elegant to any friends I managed to make. I wore gowns and robes of blue, white and silver- the colors of winter- that most would deem unnecessary to average Asgardians for minor outings. Ever since I was twelve- it was mandated that I attended every ceremony at Odin's palace as I was the future Queen and I must stand by my "husband".

I first met Thor at one of these events. Odin and my father introduced us to each other on the regal balcony. With the wide veiw of the magnificent city behind us, our twelve year old selves promised ourselves to eachother. Thor was always a happy child- his golden hair fell around his gentle grinning face as he said his vow to me. His voice was masculine for just a child, his hands already rough from his years of warrior preparation as he held my hands. He wore red- as was his designated regal color of the future king. His light armor was tight across his chest, and even though purely for show- his sword was hilted on his waist- as his hammer was not yet his. Any girl or woman could have seen what he would become- the handsome man in his future. But, I could not. I did as I was told, I said what my parents told me- but that did not mean I desired to do any of it- for I definitely did not.

Thor, although perfectly nice to me, was an ignorant and selfish boy in my eyes. He accepted everything that was given to him without even thanking or acting grateful in the slightest. I once raised my disagreements with my mother- but I was not met with an open mind. Although my mother loved me- she seemed to care for her and my positions amongst Asgard more. So, I remained quiet for the rest of my childhood.

There was one person who agreed with me. I met him the same day I met my future husband. As the younger son of Odin, he was at the ceremony amongst the rest of Thor's family. He stood, a look of disdain on his face, behind his father- adorned in the same thin armour as his brother as well as the green and black robes of his title. Although during our promising ceremony, I attempted to keep my eyes on Thor- as I was meant to- but my eyes were drawn to his younger brother. His peircing eyes found their way to mine eventually and it seemed we were locked in a perpetual gaze. After the ceremony, I wandered around the hall the celebration was held in. I found my way into a corner, hidden by columns and sat. I tried to unbind my sandals from my feet- they pained me to no end- but to my tywelve year old fingers it was an impossible feat.

"Edony" A voice sounded.

I winced at the sound of my name. I was going to be in trouble- my mother told me to stay by Thor throughout the night, also she would not like the fact I was sitting on the ground and hiding. She knew I hated these gatherings- but I had an appearance to maintain amongst Asgardians. I slowly looked up to see the other son of Odin looking down curiously at me.

"Hello, Son of Odin." I said slowly, as I rose to my feet to bow my head and curtsey- as was custom.

"That is unnecessary. You are my future sister- you need not bow to me." I found myself entranced in his voice. It was a little high pitched, as a child's voice is- but fluid and enchanting nonetheless.

I stood in front of him- confidence regained.

"I am Loki." He said.

"I know who you are."

"I thought as much- as you probably have been educated on my family."

I nodded, still holding my head high.

"Why do you sit here, hidden? This is your celebration." He asked, tilting his head curiously.
I was unsure how to answer, as admitting the truth would be shameful to my family.

"My feet hurt, I did not want people to see me pained." I said- slightly true.

"Edony, do you know what my talents are?" He asked, a small smirk playing across his lips.

"You harness magic. And you have a very talented silver tongue..."

"Indeed, and having the skills of deceit, I can tell when others are deceitful as well." He grinned widely. "So, I know you are lying to me."

"I am sorry, Loki. To tell the truth would bring shame to my image as future Queen of Asgard." I rolled my eyes subconciously, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"It is alright. I understand- I tend to hide here during my brother's celebrations. No one pays any attention to the younger son when celebrating the eldest." He smiled and sat down on the floor. I looked at him quizzically. He grinned up at me and beckonned me to sit. I obliged and sat down, a fair distance from him- curious of his motives.

"I mean you no harm, Edony. I don't bite." He smiled and reached into the pocket of his robe. He pulled out a small fruit-cake. "I did not think I would be around anyone, so I only took one."

He broke the cake in half and offered the bigger half to me. I took it with hesitation and looked down at the cake oddly.

"You think me strange?" He laughed.

"Yes, I do Loki. You are royalty amongst gods, yet you act like a child."

"Well, I am a child. I am only eleven years old, Edony. You are only twelve as well. Just because you are bred as royalty, does not mean you cannot be a child all the same." He smiled sincerely at me.

I slouched closer to him and started to nibble at the cake.

"That's more like it, Edony. We are children- royalty or not. I read books about the children of Earth and they have no need to act as we do- they play and run and something they call 'tag' in which they run around and try to touch each other or something. It is astounding."

I nodded, having read the same books as he. I had attempted to play the game before, but my servants were not inclined to incourage childish behavior.

Loki leaned towards me with a grin on his face. He outstretched his index finger and poked me slowly in the arm.

"Tag!" He shouted and quickly got up and ran away into the party. I grinned, and chased after the boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. The others will be longer :]
Comments are most welcome <3