Status: Just started :]

Forbidden

Eight

When I awoke, I immediately knew that something was not normal. My eyes fluttered open behind the canopy my raven colored hair created in front of my face- I pushed the rogue locks away and behind my ear. I knew that Loki was no longer by my side without looking. My mind was oddly aware of everything going on. Without so much as glancing around, I knew there were three silent Doves outside the window and two guards were making rounds in the hallway outside Loki's chambers. I felt in my mind that Loki was near. I closed my eyes softly and I could see him in my mind. He stood on some sort balconied room with no walls. The early morning sun shone, illuminating his firm pale features. My body shuddered involuntarily as a bizarre energy flowed through my veins upon the vision of him in my mind.

Behind my closed eyes, Loki's head was raised- as if alerted to my 'presence'. Another, almost painful, surge of energy racked my body and my muscles tightened involuntarily- my jaw clenching, my toes curling, hands forming painful fists. My vision of Loki showed him suddenly turning on his heels and nearly running to a door. Seconds later- I heard a heavy door creak open and someone rushed to my side. A pang went off in my head and I immediately knew that the person was Loki. After another shock rushed through my body I wrenched my eyes open.

"Loki- what is this?" I nearly cried, hand reaching out for him.

"I'm sorry my love." He grasped my outstretched hand and sat on the bed near my abdomen. "I did not mean for this to happen."

"What are you talking about, Loki?" I managed to ask before another another round of energy coursed through me.

"I will explain when you are well again, my love." He said as stroked my forehead. "This will be over soon, just hold on."

Over the next short while- my body endured wave after wave of painful energy as Loki remained by my side, mumbling encouragements and holding my body softly. Every time I would nearly scream out in pain- Loki expression would turn guilty and he would attempt to do everything to make me comfortable. The last wave was the worst, the energy burned through my entire body- leaving no area untouched by the pain. The energy seemed to build in my head and the area around my heart. The last wave brought an intense burning sensation on my chest. It felt as if my chest was donned in fire, burning deep into my flesh. I let out a blood-curdling scream before darkness overtook me and I fell into a sense of oblivion.

Image

My barely conscious mind registered the feeling of gentle hands running up and down my arm and shoulder. Loki. I smiled at his touch.

"You're awake," His voice said hopefully.

"How did you know?" I groaned quietly, without opening my eyes.

He sighed deeply and mumbled. "Our minds are connected now; I just knew. How are you feeling?"

"Like I fell through the bifrost and landed face first on the rock cliffs of Vanaheimr."

"That does not sound pleasant." He chuckled softly.

"I know." I sighed, my body aching and the flesh of my chest still burning.

I touched the tender skin along my collarbone and top of my ribcage. I winced sightly as I felt raised lines and swirls across the skin. My fingers traced along the lines and swirls of whatever design now adorned my chest and ignored the stinging sensation. I finally opened my eyes to see Loki's concerned eyes watching my fingers' movements.

"Would you care to explain what in Valhalla, just occurred?" I demanded.

"I have marked you as mine." He explained, glancing anywhere else but my face.

"Why would you do this, Loki?! We cannot be together publicly- no one can know about us!" I hissed.

"It was not voluntary, my love." He sighed.

"Then how did this happen?" I reached out and cupped Loki's chin and turned his face to mine. "Please, Loki- tell me."

"It was our physical connection during the night." Loki admitted. "It is what happens when two gods make love to one another- they embrace parts of the other. And they are marked as each other's… forever."

"Do you have one as well, then?"

He nodded and pulled down the front of his tunic to reveal what looked like a snowflake made out of intricate lines of scars. I moved my hand from his face to his chest and followed the lines with the tips of my fingers, his eyes narrowed slightly from the stinging.

"What is mine of?" I asked.

"A snake- my symbol." He smiled softly. "It coils along your collar bone and reaches down between your breasts- I must admit it is quite attractive."

"Why were you not incapacitated by yours?"

"I am not quite sure- I felt the burning, but nothing else. I knew it was coming- I assumed I'd freeze over temporarily or something along those lines, but it never happened." He admitted.

"What are the marks made of?" I asked curiously.

"It was carved and burned into your skin- the raised marks you feel now are just the remnants of scars. They heal quickly. Soon it will only be like dark staining on your skin."

"Can it be covered, with your magic or some other method? We mustn't let anyone see them." I asked sadly.

"We need not worry, my love. They can only be seen with eyes that love you."

"Like yours," I smiled before brushing my lips softly against his. "But, why do I have not have one representative of Thor? And why do you not have any from the woman you have bedded before?"

"Because I did not make love to them- and Thor does not make love to you. Yes, the two of you have been intimate- but there is no love. With is it is different." He explained with a slight snarl when his brother was brought up.

I absent-mindedly traced the outline of the snowflake now branded onto Loki's skin. It was honestly quite beautiful- despite it's pain for him. Loki placed his hand over mine, making mine press into his chest gently.

"I am yours, Edony. No matter what happens- I belong to you, and you to me." He raised my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles. "I love you."

Image

Around midday, Loki and I finally left the sheets of his bed after sealing our love for each other physically a few more times. He pulled up from the bed by my hand and lead me to the area between two of his bookcases on the other side of the room.

"What is this?" I chuckled at Loki, who was just staring at his wall.

"What I wanted to show you last night," He smiled before closing his eyes and waving his hand at the wall. Immediately the wall seemed to dissipate and a door formed where the wall used to be.

"Cloaking magic- just to hide what I don't want my sniveling mongrel of a brother to go snooping through." He smirked and opened the door to reveal the large balconied room I had envisioned him in earlier. "This is where I practice my magic- and where we shall train you to become the god you are meant to be."

I stepped through the door and into what appeared to be some form of courtyard balcony the size of, if not larger than, Loki's chambers. Birds flew through the open space and grass grew somehow out of the concrete. It wasn't what I expected for Loki's training space. Everything about Loki was dark and foreboding. Loki embraced darkness in every which way- he never really seemed to love or even like nature.

"This is where we'll train." He smiled. "The nature helps with the flow and manipulation of energy. It's more difficult to train in an enclosed space, as much as the little critters annoy me- they're kind of inevitable."

I laughed lightly and wrapped my arms around him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. Shorty. But I felt bad for not updating in a while-
I was a little busy GRADUATING and stuff.
Buuuut, despite my "medical leave" for half of the school year (mental breakdowns are awesome, bro)
I GRADUATED!
Image