First Time For Everything

One of One

Maneuvering through the crowd was difficult, but I didn't care. I gently shoved my way to the front because I wanted to see the band performing. I had never been to a concert before and this was all new to me. When I had first arrived to the venue there was already tons of noise from the slot machines. The noise wasn't just the slot machines though. There were people cheering and laughing and just talking with friends. People were drinking also, but that was to be expected considering we were in a casino. This was one of the first times I was allowed to legally be in a casino.

I finally managed to make it to the front and my eyes sparkled with the stage lights. I could feel the heat of the crowd around me from being in such a small space. It made me wonder how the performers were feeling underneath the hot lights. The entire sight was just absolutely beautiful to me. Music was something that I was able to escape the world with, but I had never been able to witness live music. Sure, when I was home and went to coffee shops for my usual order of black tea I would hear some mediocre music playing through the speakers and sometimes catch the occasional real live person singing and playing the instruments, but it wasn't something I would sit still for. It wasn't the kind of music that I liked.

Being here tonight though, was a fluke. At least that's what I call it since I don't count myself as a lucky person. I had been listening to the radio during working hours and the DJs at the station were giving away concert tickets. In order to win you had to be a certain numbered caller. I decided to give it a shot just for the hell of it since I knew I wasn't going to win anything. I had been so shocked when they told me that I had been the seventh caller and the one they were looking for. They asked me a few questions and I answered them in a sort of dazed attitude. I had managed to answer all the questions correctly and I won the concert tickets.

I had won two tickets to see the band Avenged Sevenfold. I had heard their music on the radio sometimes and I even owned their CDs myself, but I had yet to see them perform life. I was told that the concert was in Vegas and since I was pinching pennies as it was, I decided I would drive there. My friend Nikki would be joining me. I had never been to Vegas before, but I had always wanted to go. Needless to say I had been excited. Nikki, being the best friend that she was, paid for our hotel room for the weekend, since she knew about me always pinching pennies. She had gotten lost in the crowd as soon as we stepped through the doors to the room where the concert was being held, but I knew that I would find her eventually.

As I stared up at the stage my eyes locked with the drummer's. I sent him a smile and he grinned back at me. I watched him move his limbs so fast just to make the beats sound good that I was in complete awe. I never knew that drumming took so much activity of the body. I scanned the rest of the stage and my eyes landed on the bass player. I chuckled at how silly he looked to me. He strutted around the stage almost as if he wished he owned it.

My gaze switched over to the lead guitarist for a few minutes. Watching his fingers glide over the fret board made me slightly dizzy because of how fast he did it. I felt a smile form as I watched him start to skip around on the stage. He looked as if he was trying to be silly and he pulled it off. I laughed when I saw him slap the rhythm guitarist's ass as they waited to play their next part of the song.

I shifted my attention to the lead singer. He looked so majestic, standing up on risers and almost screaming the lyrics into the screaming crowd. I had a feeling that he enjoyed being the front man because his body language just exuded control, power, and intimidation. I felt my face flush a little as the heat of the crowd pressed around me. I was jostled a little, but managed to keep my balance. The last thing I wanted was to get trampled during my first concert. I moved a little away from the crowd so that I was pressed up against the bars that were keeping the fans from swarming the stage.

There were security guards placed all along the other side of the silver bars to keep the fans back. It wasn't something I had seen in real life before, but I had seen concerts on TV. After I felt like I was a bit safer I returned my gaze to the stage and continued to watch the performance.

Each song held a really deep meaning that I could tell that the group performing them put
their hearts and minds into. Each drum beat, guitar solo, and chorus that rang through my ears made my heart fill with joy and happiness even though the lyrics said something completely different. As I was listening and watching my eyes stopped on the rhythm guitarist. I thought he looked so sexy playing his guitar up on the stage. I watched his fingers slide smoothly along the fret board.

He took a stance on the stage where his feet were spread apart and he strummed with only one hand. It was absolutely amazing in my eyes. I had never seen that done before. I continued to watch him. He intrigued me and I wanted to meet him, but I knew that it might not happen, so my hopes weren't too high. As I was about to turn my gaze away from him, he looked up from his guitar and stared right at me. My breath caught as I stared into his sparkling green eyes.

He held eye contact with me for a few more minutes before moving around on the stage. I followed him with my eyes and watched as he battled it out with the lead guitarist. I enjoyed watching the duels the most because it showed so much passion in what they did. I cheered along with the rest of the crowd as the song ended. The front man started riling up the crowd before they started playing their final song.

The opening notes started playing and I felt chills run down my spine as I listened. I came to the terms that I would be deaf after this, but I didn't care. I was here watching a live band perform and I was happy. The concert ended and I was shoved all over the place as everyone piled out of the room that was used. Once the room was clear and I was able to leave I felt like I could breathe again.

The room had been so stuffy that I felt like I was being suffocated, but I didn't dwell on that aspect. I just focused on the music and how it pounded through my body. I stood off to the side of the casino trying to find my friend. I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket and sent a text to my friend, letting her know that I was going to be sitting at one of the various bars located in the casino. I walked over to one of the bars and ordered a drink since my throat was a bit scratchy from screaming at the concert.

"Jack and Coke please," a male voice asked from beside me.

I glanced out of the corner of my eye a little and almost choked on the drink I had just taken. I was coughing so hard from swallowing my drink wrong. I couldn't believe who was sitting next to me.

"Hey, you okay?" the guy asked.

"Mhm," I answered as I tried to control my coughing.

I felt something pounding on my back and that helped me get my coughing under control.

"Thanks," I mumbled.

"No problem," he said.

I turned in his direction and I felt like I was drowning in the pools of green that I saw. He was even better looking up close. I could not believe that I was sitting next to the guy I just saw perform on stage. I noticed the light sheen of sweat glistening on his skin.

"So what brings you to Vegas?" he asked, leaning against the bar.

"Um, I won concert tickets on the radio and I took my friend," I answered, trying to not let my fan-girl side come out to much.

"Did you have fun?"

"I did. I have never seen a live band before. I found the whole experience completely thrilling."

He smiled. "That's good. What band did you see?"

"Uh, Avenged Sevenfold," I answered.

"Oh, I heard they were a good band," he said.

"Yeah. I love their music. I find it so moving, despite how dark it is. I know that each member put in a lot of hard work into each song," I said, unsure as to why he answered that way, but I wrote it off.

"You seem to have an interesting opinion," he mused.

"Well, music has been a part of my life for so many years it's a wonder I haven't even learned to play anything yet," I told him.

"What's your favorite instrument?" he asked.

"The guitar is my favorite. I just love how the sound is," I answered with a smile.

He smiled. "Would you like to learn how to play?"

"More than anything I would, but I just don't have the money to start lessons," I answered.

"What would you say to free lessons?"

"Free lessons? No one's going to offer me free lessons," I said, shaking my head before taking a sip of my drink.

"You never know. There's a first time for everything right?"

"Well, yeah, but I doubt it'll happen."

Before he could answer someone was screaming my name. I turned in the direction of the voice and almost breathed a sigh of relief when I saw my friend. I turned back towards the guy I was talking to find him staring at me. He gave me a smile before he grabbed his drink and wandered off. I sighed, wishing we could talk more. He seemed really friendly, which was something that made my previous opinion of him skyrocket.

"Becca, Becca," my friend called.

I turned in her direction and smiled. "Hey, Nikki there you are."

"Yeah. Sorry, I lost you in the crowd, but damn that concert was so amazing," she gushed.

"I know. I managed to get up front and watch up close. I thought I'd seen just about everything, but this, this topped anything else I've ever seen," I told her.

"Right," she said with a slight laugh.

She sat down next to me and then ordered a drink. "So, when do you want to leave again?"

"Well, I would like to leave soon, but I don't work again until next weekend," I answered.

"Okay, well, I don't have unlimited funds, but I can afford at least another two nights if you want," she offered.

"I don't know. I'd like to look around if we can, but I don't want you to spend any more money than you have to," I said.

"It's no big deal, Becca. Honest. I'm just glad I could experience this with you," she grinned.

I smiled at her as I took a sip from my drink. I looked around the casino to see if I could find the guy I was talking to earlier. I frowned when I couldn't find him. I was hoping that I could talk to him again, not because I was a huge fan, but because he seemed like a generally nice guy to talk to.

"Who are you looking for, Becca?" Nikki asked.

"Oh, this guy I was talking to. He seemed rather nice and I enjoyed talking to him, but he seems to have disappeared on me," I replied, purposely leaving out the fact that he was part of the band we had just seen. Nikki would have gone a bit crazy if she knew.

"Hmm, that's a bummer," she said.

"Yeah. I wish I could have talked to him more, but oh well," I said.

I turned my attention back to the front of the bar and finished off my drink. I ordered another one and took my time. I looked at Nikki and smiled. She was on her way to getting plastered. I knew that I had to be the smart one and stop her. I finished off my drink and then grabbed her arm, making sure to grab a bottle of water from the grinning bartender she had been shamelessly flirting with.

"Alright, bed time missy," I said.

"Ah, just one more drink Becca," she slurred slightly.

"Nope, I'm cutting you off," I said firmly.

"Party pooper," she slurred.

I chuckled as I led her out of the bar and casino and towards the elevators. I knew that I would always remember this night as well as the concert, but I also knew that all fun times came to an end eventually. Nikki and I would be leaving to head home in a couple of days. I couldn't wait to go home to my own bed, but I was just happy to have had the chance to experience a live concert. As I waited for the elevator to come to the lobby I caught eyes with a pair of strikingly green eyes. I smiled and he grinned at me. Maybe I would be able to see him again after all.

****


The next morning I woke up with a light headache. I didn't drink as much as Nikki did, but I drank enough to warrant a light headache. I rummaged through my bag until I found the small container of Aleve that I always carried with me. I shook out two pills and placed them down on the nightstand next to Nikki's bed along with a small bottle of water. I had heard from my cousin, who used to live in Vegas, that you shouldn't drink the tap water.

I hopped into the shower and washed my hair and face before stepping out. I pulled on some fresh clothes and then quickly brushed my hair out before I wrote a quick note to Nikki. I then grabbed my small purse that held my wallet, cell phone, car keys, and hotel key card. I walked towards the elevator and pushed the button that would take me to the lobby. I was planning on getting some breakfast to go for both Nikki and myself. I felt more comfortable eating in the room, but I knew that Nikki would berate me later for not mingling. The elevator opened up and I stepped in and pushed the lobby button. The doors started closing when I heard a voice call out.

"Hold the elevator," it said.

I pressed the button that allowed the doors to reopen. I hold it to make sure that it stayed open long enough. A man steps in and I release the button.

"Thanks for holding it," he smiled.

I smiled at him and then my eyes widen. It's the same guy from the band and the bar the night before. I swallow hard and divert my gaze away from him. I don't want him to think that I'm staring at him or fan-girling over him at all. I’m sure he gets it enough as it is.

"Becca, right?" he asked suddenly.

I look up at him unsure as to how he knows my name, when I remember that Nikki literally shouted it for the whole casino to hear. I slowly nodded my head and he grins.

"I'm Zacky," he said, sticking his hand out for me to shake.

I gingerly reach my hand out to shake his. He grasped my hand firmly and gave it few pumps before releasing it. I was stunned that he shook my hand. This trip seemed to be throwing even more curves at me than what I was accustomed to. I dropped my hand back to my side and faced the doors of the elevator. I couldn't help being shy. It was a trait I picked up after my ex-boyfriend damaged me almost beyond repair. Nikki was still trying to pick up the broken pieces that used to be my heart. I shook myself out of my thoughts when the elevator opened up again. I walked out and headed towards the restaurant so that I could pick up some breakfast.

"Hey, Becca, are you eating alone?" Zacky's voice called after me.

I turned in his direction and nodded my head. He walked over to me and smiled.

"Would you like to grab something together?" he asked.

I stare at him, unsure of how to answer. I don't really know him, but the question is can I trust him. I don't know considering I only met him last night. Of course, I can't ignore the fact that he did help me out with my coughing fit. My mind thinks about what my best friend would do, but I should know that she wouldn't hesitate to take him up on his offer. I swallowed and then smiled at him.

"Sure, I'd like that," I finally answered.

He grinned and then led me towards one of the many restaurants in the casino.

****


Once we were seated I grabbed the menu and hid behind it almost immediately. I was nervous, mainly because this was all new to me. I searched the menu and finally settled on blueberry waffles, bacon, and a small glass of pulp free orange juice. When I finished deciding I placed my menu to the side to see Zacky staring at me with a small smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled. "You don't have to be nervous."

"Nervous. What makes you think I'm nervous?" I questioned.

"You're fidgety and you keep darting your eyes around the restaurant except keeping them on me. It's okay. I don’t bite," he chuckled.

I swallowed as I looked at him. The green of his eyes sparkled with humor and I relaxed just a bit. He smiled softly at me as he looked down at his menu real quick before looking at me again. He licked his lips as he studied my face. I felt the warmth creep up to my cheeks. I don't know why I was reacting like this and to a complete stranger to boot.

"So, did you really have a good time at the concert? And you don't need to lie to spare my feelings," he said.

"I enjoyed myself. I found the music riveting and most of all calming," I answered.

"And you aren't lying to spare my feelings?" he joked.

I laugh a little. "No, I'm not lying. I really enjoy the music you and your friends make, which I find a bit amazing for someone like me," I replied.

"What do you mean by someone like you?" he asked.

I clear my throat a little. "Well, as I said last night, if you remember that is, but music has always been a part of my life. However, I used to hate Hard Rock, Metal, and anything Rock and Roll. My older brother used to play it so loud that I felt like it was grating on my nerves," I answered.

"What made you change your mind?"

"Well, believe it or not, but it was one of your songs that made me change my mind about the music I listened to."

"Which one?"

"The song A Little Piece of Heaven."

He laughed. "Why that one?"

"Well, when I first read the title I wasn't expecting what I heard," I replied truthfully.

"What exactly were you expecting? Clouds, rainbows, and unicorns?" he joked.

"Actually, to some extent, yes, but you guys surprised me and I found myself actually liking it," I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad my friends and I were able to sway you over to the dark side," he chuckled.

I laughed. The waiter soon came and took our orders. I would still need to order for Nikki after I finished eating, but that wouldn't be too much of a problem. I had a feeling Nikki would be sleeping most of the day. She normally did when she got too drunk. I didn't mind, but I was hoping that she would at least accompany me around town and look at the sites with me.

"So, how long are you staying in Vegas?" he asked, once the waiter walked away.

"Oh, um, well, I don't know. I think my friend and I will be leaving tomorrow sometime. She's hung over today, so I figured I'd let her get some rest while I walk around town or something," I answered.

I had no idea why I was telling him this, but he seemed to make me feel comfortable. I don't know if that was a good thing or not, but I was praying it was.

"By yourself?" he asked.

"Yeah. I've never been here before, well legally that is, but yeah," I answered.

He frowns. "Would you like a tour guide?"

"Oh no. I should be fine, but thank you," I smiled.

He nodded and looked at the table. I wasn't sure why he would offer. We were still pretty much strangers, but I kind of liked how he seemed to want to make sure I was safe. Once our breakfast comes we eat in silence. I enjoyed his company though. I could have just ordered room service up to the room, but I didn't want to have Nikki spend more than she needed to. I always felt bad when someone would spend money on me.

"So, were you serious about wanting to learn how to play the guitar?" he suddenly asked.

I looked up from my waffles. I swallowed the bite that I had just taken and then rinsed my mouth out with some orange juice.

"Yeah. Of course, I'll have to start saving more for lessons, but eventually I'd like to play the guitar that's sitting in my closet collecting dust," I replied.

"What kind of guitar do you have?

"An acoustic. It's not a Gibson or anything. My older brother bought it for me when I was in school. I tried to take a class for it, but even though I passed the class, I didn't learn a single thing," I said.

I mentally smacked myself. Why was I opening up like this? I didn't know, but there was something about Zacky that made it easy to talk to him. I wasn't sure if I liked that or not, but I couldn't take back what I just said. I grabbed my orange juice and took a drink as I watched him. He took a bite of his sausage before looking at me thoughtfully.

"Right handed or left handed?" he finally asked.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you right handed or left handed?" he repeated.

"Um, right handed. Why?" I asked.

"No reason," he replied.

"Yes, of course there's a reason. Why did you want to know?" I pressed.

"Well, I've been thinking, about what I said last night, and the free lessons," he said.

My eyes widened. "Oh no, you don't have to teach me. I can learn on my own at some point.
You're busy as it is," I said, trying to decline his offer.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, but thank you. I will learn when the time is right," I smiled.

He grinned and then finished eating. I finished the last of my waffles and the rest of my orange juice. The waiter came back with our bill and I reached into my purse to pull out some cash to put inside the little black folder only to see that the waiter was already walking away with it.

"You didn't have to pay for the whole thing," I mumbled.

"You don't like people paying for you do you?" he asked.

"No, not really," I muttered.

"Why not?" he wondered.

"It's just something that makes me feel like I owe the people back so I try to support myself in my own way," I answered.

"Becca, I wanted to treat you to breakfast. Sure, I don't know you that well, but I got to know you a bit better as we sat and talked. You don't need to worry about paying me back because I won't take it," he smiled softly.

"Okay, well thank you," I replied.

It wasn't that I didn't like it that people offered to pay; it was the fact that I hated it. I grew up with my parents supporting me quite a bit while I went through college and I am still trying to figure out a way to pay them back. Of course, just like Zacky, they never take the money. They've told me a million times that it was part of the job of being a parent. I just felt so guilty that I couldn't support myself like I should have been able to. I was just glad that my current job allowed me to be able to live on my own like I wanted to. I got lucky once I graduated college and I would never take that for granted.

"So, I don't know about you, but I'm stuffed," he chuckled.

I giggled. "I'm pretty full too," I replied.

The waiter returned with his credit card and he signed the receipt and then stuffed it back into the folder after grabbing his card and copy of the receipt. He then stood up and I followed suit. I grabbed my purse and then opened it so I could dig through and I find my key card so I could get back into my room after I bought breakfast for Nikki.

I looked up at Zacky again and smiled. "Thank you for breakfast again. I had fun," I smiled.

"It was my pleasure. I hope to see you around before you leave," he said.

"Maybe," I answered.

I then turned around and headed out of the restaurant. I walked towards a different one and went inside. I ordered the breakfast to be taken up to Room 681. I paid and then walked towards the elevator to head back up to the room. When I entered, Nikki was still asleep, but she had at least taken the Aleve that I had set out for her earlier. I walked over to my stuff and grabbed my laptop. I plugged it in and then turned it on. I had wanted to see the sights, but I didn't want to go alone and I didn't want to ask Zacky to come with me. He was still a stranger in my eyes and I was really apprehensive about who I hung out with. I spent the rest of the day either surfing the Internet or dozing off every now and then.

****


Nikki and I were packing up our hotel room. The day before Nikki ended up sleeping all day. She woke up, or rather I woke her up in order for her to eat some food and then she went right back to sleep. I didn't realize how much she really drank the night of the concert. Nikki tried to persuade me to stay another day, but I was getting homesick and wanted to head out. Once we finished packing we headed downstairs so Nikki could pay for the room and we could leave. I had taken her luggage and headed to the parking garage since we drove ourselves. I loaded the car and closed the trunk just as Nikki came walking up to me.

"Thank you so much for taking me with you," she beamed.

"It was no problem. I'll be sure to pay you back for my portion of the hotel bill when I can," I told her.

"Becca, I'm not going to accept, so don't even think about it," she scolded.

I sighed. "Fine, but next time we come here we split the bill," I countered.

"Deal," she grinned.

We climbed into the car and I started it up to make the trip home.

****


Four days had passed since the concert. Christmas was around the corner and I had still had a bit of Christmas shopping to do. I was currently in the back of my bakery working on an order that had come in while I was gone. The customer didn't want any of my other employees to work on the cake so it was left up to me. I was up for the challenge, since I worked best under pressure. I had finished the majority of the cake the day before, which was good. All I needed to do was put the finishing touches on the cake before the customer came to pick it up. I was alone today and once I was finished with this order I was closing up the shop for the day so that I could finish up my own holiday shopping. The sound of the front door of the shop opening reached my ears. I carefully set down my frosting tool and wiped my hands on my apron as I made my way to the front of the shop.

"Hi, how can I help you today?" I asked the young man in front of the counter.

He looked up and my eyes widened a little. "Uh, yeah I'm here to pick up a cake for a Mrs. Baker," he answered.

"Alright, it will be a few more minutes. You can have a seat and a sample of anything if you'd like," I offered.

"It's cool," he said and took a seat at one of the many small tables in the front.

I smiled at him before heading back into the back to finish up the cake. I had thought that I had a little more time, but I was wrong. I stood in front of the cake for a few minutes and just stared. I had no idea that my shop was anywhere near the band I had seen perform in Vegas. I gripped the counter tightly as I tried to steady my breathing. I finally took up my frosting tool again and placed the last touches on the cake. I then reached over for a box and folded the corners up. I carefully slid the cake inside and then closed it. I grabbed a piece of cardstock and wrote out the instructions on how to cut the cake. Once I finished I slipped it into an envelope and taped the envelope to the top of the box. I picked up the cake and then carried it out to the front of the shop.

"I apologize for the wait," I said as I carefully set the cake down on the counter.

"It's not a problem. How much?" he asked.

"$100.00 even," I answered.

He pulled out his wallet and handed me the money. I placed it in the register and then watched him walk out of the shop. I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't go all fan girl on him. I closed up the register and cleaned up the mess in the back of the shop. Once that was done I locked the front door and switched the open sign to close. I then removed my apron and went to the back office to gather my purse and head out to finish my shopping.

When I walked into my house two hours later I was happy. Shopping wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be and I was more than happy about that. The only reason it took me two hours to get home was because of traffic. It was one of the many things I hated about living in Southern California, but I dealt with it. After I dropped my bags down by the couch I walked towards the laundry room and let my dogs out. They jumped up at me and I scratched behind their ears before giving them some food and water. I walked back into the living room after grabbing a bottle of water for myself and then went about picking up the bags to carry upstairs to my room. I would wrap them up later. I was too exhausted to do it now.

I changed my clothes and was just washing my face when I heard the doorbell ring. I dried off my face and then headed down the stairs to see both of my dogs standing in front of the door. I snapped my fingers and they came to my side. I held their collars with one hand as I opened the door. I looked up as I fought with my dogs. Standing on my front porch was Zacky. I let the dogs go and they immediately jumped on him. Zacky let out a laugh as he got the dogs to settle down.

"May I come in?" he asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I stared at him. I was trying to figure out how he found my address. I pulled my dogs into the house and walked out on the porch instead, closing the door behind me.

"Sorry, about my dogs. They get excited about new people," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's no problem. I have two dogs myself," he said.

I smiled. "Not to sound rude or anything, but how did you find out where I lived?" I asked.

He stuffed his hand into his pocket and pulled out a plastic card. "You left this at the casino," he said handing it over.

I took it from his hand and looked down to see my driver's license. I couldn't believe that I had been driving around without it. I was lucky that I hadn't gotten pulled over by a cop. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Thank you. You could have just mailed it though," I chuckled.

"Yes, that's true, but then that would mean I'd miss seeing you again. Besides, when Matt came over to my house earlier he said I should go after you," he said.

I froze. I forgot that I had seen him at my shop earlier today. "I see. And why would he tell you that?"

"Well, his exact words were that 'you are a kick ass cook and hot as hell, and that I'd be a dumbass to not even try to land you'," he laughed.

I laughed. "Well, that's putting it bluntly," I said.

"Yes. So, now that you have your ID back, what do you say to a date?" he asked.

I thought about it for a few minutes. I still didn't know him all that well. Sure, I could research his background online, but that wouldn't mean that I knew him. If I asked Nikki, I knew she'd tell me to go for it. I looked at Zacky again and smiled.

"Date, no," I said, and I saw the hope in his eyes die, "But I will get a coffee with you," I added.

He smiled. "Coffee is a good start," he said.

"Alright good, we can meet up at the Starbucks on Main Street on Monday?" I asked.

"Sure. Main Street on Monday is good," he said.

"Okay. I'll see you there," I smiled.

He grinned and then turned and left. I walked back inside. Things may finally be turning around for me. At least when it came to relationships because I always thought that most men were horrid, since after my first boyfriend I retreated into myself a lot more. It was the whole reason that I was so hesitant around strangers. Nikki was the only one who really knew everything that happened, and I was planning on keeping it that. There's a first time for everything rang through my head and I couldn't help but smile. Zacky had said that to me about free guitar lessons the night of the concert. I knew he was right though. I knew that I would always remember those words because they would become my own personal mantra. I planned to thank Zacky for those words when I saw him on Monday.

I headed up the stairs to turn in early for the night. The dogs followed me since they loved to sleep in my room with me. It made me feel safe, so I didn't mind. I fell asleep with hopes that my Monday coffee meeting would go well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed the re-write.