If I Were In Your Shoes

My Heart Is Yours

As Hayley walked through the rain, her make-up a mess, her red hair dripping wet, she cried. She didn't know where she was going, she just knew that she had to get away from him

He was not only her best friend and her band-mate, he was also the man she was in love with. He was always there for her, always making her laugh, and she knew that nobody understood her like he did. At first, Hayley only knew him as her band-mate and best friend, but tonight, she realised she was in love with him.

*Flashback (about 1 hour ago)*

"Hayley, you're my best friend, but I couldn't love you like that. Even if I did think of you as more than a friend, we couldn't let anything get in between our friendship, or the band!
You know Paramore is going to be huge one day. I'm sorry. Please don't this ruin us."

*Back to present time*

Hayley heard footsteps behind her, as they became louder, she quickened her pace. Then she heard his voice...

"Hayley! Wait!"

Again, she carried on walking.

"Hayley, I'm sorry, please just come back to the van with me, you're going to get cold!"

She then thought that going back to the van would be a good idea. She was, after all, drenched and shivering.

So, she finally gave in. She turned around, walked over to Josh and let him put his arm around her while they walked back to the van. In this moment, she told herself that she would forget her feelings for Josh. She knew he was right. She didn't want to loose him as a friend and didn't want to put the band into trouble, because they all knew that Paramore were going to be huge. So, she took a deep breath, carried on walking, and pretended that the man she loved wasn't walking next to her with his arm around her.

*Time lapse - around 3 years*

As Paramore sat around their TV in their tour bus, as currently one of the biggest bands on the planet, they watched the local news.

Finally, they heard what they were waiting for.

"And in other news, Tennessee-based pop punk band Paramore, begin their US tour with rock legends, Jimmy Eat World, tomorrow."

There was a loud "Woo!" From the band and their tour crew.

"I'm so fricking excited!" Screamed Hayley
Then came 3 more "Me too!'s"

Then, the band exchanged group hugs and hi-5's, and all sat down on the huge sofa in their tour bus.

"Ok guys" began Jeremy. "We've got a busy few months ahead of us, and I think we all need to rest. Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a nap, and I......CALL THE COUCH!"

Jeremy then jumped onto the sofa, with the rest of the band jumping on top of him.
They all laughed, then began to settle for their nap.

Hayley quickly jumped up and ran to her bunk. When she returned a few minutes later, she strolled over to the CD player, and put in one of her favourite albums of all time - Jimmy Eat World, Bleed American. (Aka Jimmy Eat World)

The whole band smiled, and realised just how excited they were to be going on tour with their heroes.

They all settled on the couch. With Jeremy and Zac sitting next to each other, Josh sitting opposite, and Hayley sitting next to him, laying across his lap.

They all fell asleep. All but one. Josh. He was watching Hayley sleep, just thinking how much of an amazing lady she was. Then, she stirred, and her hand lay facing upward on Josh's leg. He then realised how badly he wanted to hold her hand. He reached out, and gently touched it. She gently squeezed back.

Josh then felt somebody staring at him. He looked across at Jeremy, who was smiling.

"What?"Josh questioned with a whisper

"Oh, nothing", replied Jeremy. And he went back to sleep.

Josh then looked back at Hayley. She looked so peaceful. Josh felt so grateful to be going on the greatest tour of his life, accompanied by his best friend.

He then remembered that night a few years ago. He remembered how he had broke Hayley's heart. He had never told her, but ever since that night, Josh had felt drowned in guilt. He felt as if he was responsible whenever Hayley was having a bad day.

He looked at her again, this time, feeling something that he had never felt before.

He thought about whether he wanted to tell her.

Then Jeremy spoke again.
"Dude, you love her don't you. Tell her."

Josh nodded, then gently touched Hayley's arm.
"Hayley, I'm sorry for waking you up. I need to talk to you..."

In that moment, they both knew that things would never be the same again.


Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, so. This may seem a bit random but the other night, I was laying in bed and I suddenly thought up the bit about Josh holding Hayley's hand while she was asleep. Now, I'm off school today because I'm ill, and I thought, why don't I write that Paramore story today.
Anyway, hope you like it.
Comments are love xx