Ana

Cassie

I stand up.

"Cassie, what are you doing?" Laura asks.

"I'm going home. I'm completely fine, Laura. I haven't felt well lately so I've been taking some meds from my doctor. They make me drowsy, so I passed out. It's not a big deal," I say. Laura shoots me a skeptical look. I don't look at her. Rick walks in, holding a glass of water in his hand.

"Cassie!" he says sharply. Why does his voice have to make me feel so weak in the knees?

"Hi, Rick," I mutter.

"Cassie. Sit down," he orders me. I wince but do not sit down.

"She wants to go home," Laura informs him. He raises his eyebrows.

"And were you planning to run home?" he asks me. I don't say anything. He shakes his head wearily.

"Cassie, you just fainted. I'm not a doctor, but I know for a fact that running so soon after passing out is NOT good for you. If you want to go home, I'll drive you," he says. I sigh. Ana is snarling at me, but she knows that there's nothing I can do. I'll work out more at home.

Rick drives me home. I run from his car to my front door. He doesn't drive away until I'm inside. I am so in love with him.

But I love Ana too.

Which is why I go down to the basement and get on the treadmill and run and run and run.

Until my vision gets fuzzy.

And then I keep running.

Until my vision goes black.