Ana

Laura

I am beginning to realize something.

Rick Murphy is glorious.

I mean, everyone knows he's good looking. Those eyes are so blue, and when he smiles his whole face lights up. His hair, too. I just want to run my fingers through it. When he laughs I melt, and when it's me making him laugh it's like my whole life is wonderful and full of sunshine. I don't want to fall for Rick, though. I don't want to wreck our friendship. Isn't that always how these things happen?

He's just such a great guy. Besides the fact that he is ridiculously attractive, he's also brilliant, and he isn't mean to anybody. And then seeing how he acted around Cassie over the weekend, when she passed out... it was the cherry on top of the Crush On Rick Sundae. He was so perfect. Leaving the room when I changed her, and making her cocoa (he made it perfectly, of course - almost too chocolatey), and not letting her go home on her own, and making sure she got inside when he dropped her off, and then at school on Monday asking her if she was okay. He seriously is perfect.

I wonder if he likes me even a fraction as much as I like him.

I hope he does.

Suddenly I remember Cassie's reaction when she saw that she was wearing Rick's clothes, in Rick's house. She seemed to choke up with embarrassment. Her face turned bright pink.

Shit.

I think Cassie likes Rick.

Is that why she won't talk to me?

Does she know I like him too?