Status: Complete

I Can't Hate The Ones Who Made Me

One

I inhaled deeply, letting all four thousand toxic chemicals reach the bottom of my lungs before exhaling. The smoke traveled high into the bright blue sky. The sun was shining brightly and the birds were singing their usual songs in the trees. From the streets below, the people of Surrey were walking and talking. Couples were holding hands and friends were laughing. Everyone seemed content with the world except for me. Right now, the world was my enemy. I wished for nothing more than to disappear.

In my pocket of my black cardigan, my cell started to vibrate. I took another drag before squashing the butt in the metal ashtray on the table in front of me. Hesitantly, I took out my cell and let out a deep sigh.

can we please talk? I'm sorry Belle, please. -J

After reading the text I let out a dry laugh. Alert the media, Joshua Franceschi was actually sorry for something. His apology didn't effect me in the slightest. I was done, I didn't want to speak to Josh. If I lived the rest of my life without seeing his face again I'd truly die happy. But I knew that wouldn't even happen even in my wildest dreams.

I leaned my head back and instead of watching the people through the metal gates of the balcony, I studied the clouds. As each pull of white fluff passed by I tried to figure out what shape it resembled. Even though I thought this cloud watching idea was stupid, I was desperate to try anything to cool off. My cell started to vibrate again, almost falling off the glass table.

Please don't ignore me, Bell. I just want to talk. -J

My arm retracted and when it released, my phone collided with the brick wall and shattered into pieces. I knew that playing for my high school's tennis team would come in handy some day. I stared at the wreckage of my cell on my pavement of the balcony. I could feel my blood boiling inside me once again. My eyes fluttered close and I rested my head on the lounge chair. I inhaled deeply then exhaled.

A big boom of thunder caused me to wake. My body had bounced up from the chair and rested back down. I looked up at the dark sky hovering above my flat. Suddenly, it started to downpour. I watched the water droplets collide with everything in front of me. I was grateful for the rain. Rain always made me feel at peace. For the time being, I had forgotten about Josh and our stupid argument.

“Annabelle!” A voice shouted. I searched the ground below me and saw a figure standing in the rain. It was Josh. He was completely soaked.

“What are you doing here, Josh?”

“I want to talk to you and you're ignoring me.”

“Well why do you think that is?” I replied. He lips turned down into a frown.

“I'm sorry okay!” He through his hands up in the air. “I took my anger out on the wrong person. I love you Belle and I always will.” Underneath my crossed arms on my chest, I could feel my heart do a flip. Last night Josh came home on bad terms with the rest of the band. I only asked him what happened and he exploded. Josh exploded so much that I was a bitch and our relationship was shit.

I looked back down to where Josh was standing and he was gone. I jumped up from the chair and went to the gate. Josh was now climbing up the fire escape.

“You're going to hurt yourself.” I called. Josh was on the flight below mine. Even if there was a fire, I wouldn't trust this creaky old metal.

“I'm fine.” He huffed, climbed over some junk left out by my neighbor downstairs. “See.” He said, climbing onto my balcony.

“You've just wasted your time.” I said. “I don't want to talk to you.”

“Just let me apologize, please.” He said. I looked from the floor and into his beautiful blue eyes. But this time they looked dull. Something was missing from inside of them. “I was able to talk things out with the lads and we're fine now.”

“That's good.” I said, not looking at him any longer. The rain had stopped and the sky was starting to turn blue again.

“Don't be like that Belle. What I said yesterday wasn't true. Our relationship means the world to me and I love you.” His hand was under my chin. I was now looking at him, his blue eyes just as I remembered. The spark was back. Involuntarily my lips turned into a smile.

"You're an idiot Josh Franceschi."

"That's a good thing, right?" I let out a laugh and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt whole again. Everything was as it should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got some inspiration today, enjoy :)