Status: Inactive

The Boy Who Never Grew Up

-1-

Once upon a time. There was a boy never grew up. He wasn't magical, a vampire, a immortal, or a warlock who could cast a spell and stay young forever. He was a human being, and went to a place where he never wanted to grow up.
His name was Peter Pan.

That boy is me. I am Peter Pan. I've been seventeen for so long sometimes I forget! Being seventeen is the best, no doubt about that. No adults of where I live either. Yes, Neverland exists. The lost boys don't, well they do, but they're all after me. Jealous boys, they can never catch me! "Wendy" doesn't exist either. Whoever made up "Wendy" just wanted a happy ending. This is no happy ending.

A jingling harmonic noise rang in my ear. "Tink, Shut up!" Oh, and Tinkerbell exists as well. Which equals, we all know, that I can fly.
I turned over putting my hand made pillow over my ear trying to go back to sleep. She kept making her irritable bell sound. "What?" I shouted sitting up, "What, I'm up what do you want?" I was grouchy, and just wanted to rest after a long day of flying and running away from the lost boys. Tink flashed her light around me and my mind clicked. No shadow. "That damn shadow!" I swore loudly. I threw my quilts over getting up, and packing some of my gear. This is possibly the twentieth time my shadow has gotten away. "Where did it go this time?" I said irritably. But Tink shrugged her shoulders, her eyes not twinkling as much as she always does. I knew where it went. That terrible, terrible place filled with adults called Earth. "No way," I told Tink heading back to bed. She went up and down jingling again pulling my hair and grabbed her. She was right. No shadow, no flying, well no flying. But not having a shadow equals to an eventually slow death. Not having your shadow is almost like another part of your body that absolutely need, so I have to hurry and find it.
I had no choice.

I floated off of my feet and headed down. Neverland wasn't far, its a floating island near space, but no one can really see it unless one believes or one brings another to the island. It didn't take us long to reach down there. Tink hunted for the shadow as I followed her. Finding your shadow isn't easy. They can blend in anything.
The sun was rising up and I heard a loud beeping noise. More annoying than Tinks jingling. I hid behind a wall by a window as I peeked in. The noise was shut off by a crash and I saw a girl rise up sluggishly from her bed. I couldn't see her face only the back of her bed. Then, I saw my shadow going for hers. "Stop!" I called for it. But it looks like the girl didn't hear me, but my shadow did. I made a gesture for it to come back. He stuck out his tongue and followed the girl. Shadows are almost like humans, and right now he was trying to get the girls shadow. Shadows love to have romance. He ran after her and I groaned. What am I going to do? I tried lifting her window. Locked. Tink slipped through the lock from how tiny she is unlocking it for me and I flew in. I flew after my shadow stopping behind another wall. I can't land on my feet for I'll make noise and the stranger will catch me. I saw my shadow behind the girl pulling her shadow away. "Hey!" I whispered loudly enough for it to hear me. He shook his head and I glared. Pain in the ass. I soon heard glass breaking and I look to see the girl had caught me.
"Busted." I said and chased after my shadow. Tink flared its light at my shadow cowering away from the girls shadow grabbing a hold of it. "C'mere bastard," I swore tying its legs around mine.

"Holy shit, what did I do last night?" I heard the girl swear, sitting down and holding her head trying to call back her memories. She shook her head slapping her cheek lightly as if she was sleeping.
"What are you doing?" I asked making sure my shadow doesn't get away from my feet. She just stared at me and I saw her eyes flicker to a small round thing on the wall with numbers on it. She ran after it but I was fast enough to get in front of her. "What are going to do, send a signal?"

"Signal? No, calling the police, yes." I didn't know what the police was but it sounded bad so I didn't let her pass me. I simply picked her up flying back upstairs and she squirmed in my arms until I finally threw her in her room shutting the door. "Look, I just came here to get my shadow. Just pretend nothing happened," I said landing on my feet with my fists on my hips. Something was missing.

"Wheres Tink?"

"Tink?" She said really confused.

"My fairy," I started  looking through her dressers and throwing clothes out. "Tink!" I called out, "Quit playing around, time to go." I finally heard a jingling noise in the distance until I found her flying in the room with a crash and pulled my hair to go. We gave each other stares for a second and bravely opened the door where he cat jumped in her arms.
"Oh my God, someone probably drugged me. Fuck, what the hell happened?" She set her cat down, not being able to understand the situation. But then I saw her thinking hard with her brows furrowing forward, wheels turning inside her head.
"The flying, the fairy, shadow..." She trailed off, mumbling to herself and she started to laugh.
"Do you think your Peter Pan?" She said with a confused look.

"Not think, I AM Peter Pan," I glared.

"Right, and I'm Ariel, the little mermaid."

"Well," I said grabbing my shadow again before it escaped to take hers, "I did fly into your room, and my best friend is a fairy that your cat tried to eat." She opened her mouth to say something but closed it, for she knew I was right. I could tell she still couldn't process it inside her head. She groaned putting her hands on her head leaning forward. I took a closer look at her, long auburn color hair, petite. Once she sat back up to sigh she had light brown eyes. She wasn't half-bad looking. I felt myself grin and Tink basically screaming in my ear and shooed her away saying I'm on my way. "But also, we do have mermaids in Neverland." She made a scoff, chuckling a bit. "Thanks, maybe another time. I have school." She got up looking at a device that told time.
"School?" I asked, it rung to my ears. I probably heard of it but who knows it might now be important.
"Its a place where you learn, and teachers teach things you can use in life." Yeah, definitely not important. I showed no interest for it. Tink pulled my ear literally dragging me.
"See you around." I waved and lifted to my feet exiting out her window with my shadow beneath me.

Once I was back in Neverland, I made sure there weren't any traps, in case one of the Lost Boys tried to kill me again. There are about six or seven of them now. Some are allies, and some are in solo. I'm on solo and not part of the Lost Boys anyway.
Lost Boys are kids that who also don't want to grow up or doubt what they want or do. Or simply hate their lives, or want something different for a change to live a fantasy. Mostly teenagers, like me.
I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. Too bad I never caught her name. I might as well visit her again, she seemed nice. Once I finally settled down on my cot I went to sleep.

I was awakened by a loud bang at my wooden door. I sat up straight immediately flying up to my feet to hide against the ceiling. I peeked through the cracks of the door. Hook.
Did I not mention about Cap'n Hook? If not, well him and I are not enemies, or allies. Simply neighbors. My place is near his ship on the ocean. He'll come over time to time for a conversation but this time he seemed anxious, and scared. I opened the door landing back on my feet bowing my head a little. He's also very polite and old-fashoined. He bowed his head in return. "Hook." I said greeting letting him inside. He shook his head and taking off his fluffy hat. "Peter Pan, its the Lost Boys they have captured someone!"

"So?" I lifted one of my brows.

"But Pan, you do not understand. They are not from here. No one can come to Neverland unless one brings another here or they believe in."

"Who is it?" I said already lifted from my feet.

"I do not know but it is a girl, and they had tied her somewhere. I am not sure exactly where. I thought it might been a friend of yours since I saw you last not leave to land next to ours." I flew off with Tink behind me. I searched till I heard screams of help and followed the voice. I found her. I didn't look at her I just immediately went to her unbound her wrists from the pole and once I did I was knocked to the ground.
"What the hell, I was saving you!" I rubbed my jaw quickly from the pain, I haven't been punched that hard in awhile. Once I looked up, it was her. Fear and confusion flashed across her face, she was panting. "Peter? What happened?! This was you wasn't it?!" She lifted her fist in the air again to strike. I put up my arms up for defense.
"Stop, stop, stop! It wasn't me, the Lost Boys did it!"

"Lost Boys? Aren't those your allies? Liar!" She punched again but luckily I dodged it.

"I'll explain later. You have to come with me though."

"How? Were in the middle of no where!" She shrieked making a huge gesture of the Neverland Jungle.