Status: Inactive

The Boy Who Never Grew Up

-3-

Those three words. "You love her," those three stupid words. Without saying anymore, shoving past Capn' Hook, pass the other pirates on the ship, and rocketing from the ship. The first thing I did was go back to No names place, back to her room. Her cat, waiting patiently at window that was open. It greeted me with a meow and ran toward to its bowl. How long has she been gone again? I couldn't remember. I saw the bag of food next to it, and poured some into it as it started to purr and eat. It was quiet, people chattering as they walked by and random wheels cruising by. I scanned around her room, papers scattered and books piled up on another, a bit dusty, a bag filled with notes, a board with with written things, a picture frame with two peoples head cut off except for No Name smiling. There was a bookshelf filled with even more books, did she have that much free time? I picked a random one, I don't know why I did, I couldn't even read or write. I opened one of them up seeing scribbles, some things scratched out, then new things written beside it or over it. Maybe she'll like them if I brought some along. I empty the bag filled with papers, some we're filled with pictures of sketches. There was even one that looked like me, a few random faces I've never seen and few of landscapes around her house. I put the papers back inside, she would probably want these too. I put some random books inside the bag. Fur rubbed along my leg, looking down seeing her cat friend meowing. "I don't think I can bring you, sorry." I let it sniff my hand filled with dirt as it rubs it cheeks against my palm. I could see the sad in the felines eyes, missing her master pet it's head, play, sleep all day with her. I didn't want to risk it. "I'll come back, I promise." A sad mew came from the cat, and I left opening the window with her bag flying back to Neverland.

She was awake waiting patiently and Tink rushed to my hiding around my neck. "Hi, Tink," I smiled as I brought the bag over.
"Uh, I thought you might like these." No Name looked at me rushing grabbing it looking inside.

"Did you look at any of these?" Her voice in a slight panic looking at them.

"Just the pictures," I admitted.

"Oh right," She paused, nodding, "you don't know how to read."

"Oh? And how do you know that?"

"It's not hard to figure out. You're Peter Pan, what do you expect? A man child who doesn't want to grow up, doesn't care about anyone but himself." Rage rose up inside me, her words were like knives, her voice was even sharper than before.
"What else is there? I have everything I want!" I screamed, she stood up screaming back,

"There is so much more than life! Learning, making friends, new things! You're just a twelve year old boy inside who doesn't do anything but play with pirates, and doesn't know when to grow up!" We were with both panting from yelling at each other. Inside my chest hurt for no reason, why was she saying these kinds of things? Daggers gleamed in her eyes, piercing through me, her face cold as stone. I was furious, so furious that I was breathing through my nose like a dragon puffing out embers. She then put her things back in her bag, throwing it over her shoulder storming out. "And where do you think you're going?!"

"Away, from you!" She then sprinted off in the forest. I didn't bother go after her. It was her fault running out like that. She probably doesn't even know how to survive out in that jungle. Tink came out of her leaf house sitting on shoulder cuddling my neck. Something didn't seem right but I just ignored it, it was probably nothing. Cap'n Hook was wrong. I didn't love No Name, if I did I would be different wouldn't I? Plus who would love that girl anyway? She was mean, stubborn, and just... mean! What was her problem? All I did was try to help her out. She was just going to get ambushed by the Lost Boys again, let them kill her. It will be her fault. All hers, not mine.
I stayed in my tree house playing my home made harmonica with Tink sitting on my chest listening contently.
For some reason, I tried to remember back to where I even came from but all I could remember were flashes of random places but I couldn't tell or remember what they were. They gave me a headache so I decided to stop thinking about it, which led back to No Name. I groaned sitting up causing Tink to fall over while I held my head. I slowly opened my eyes noticing a book she left behind as I opened it. I saw a date, so it must've been a journal or some type. At the top it said:

Adeline

I couldn't really pronounce or just read it in general, but it was written nicely in a strange kind of way but still neatly. Was that her name? If so, I will be calling her that from now on, I'll just pronounce how I think it sounds. Adeline. For some reason, it matched her. And also, I couldn't help thinking she was alright, but if she can punch me in the face, I'm sure she's capable of taking care of herself, but also Cap'n Hook can save her. He'll treat her nicely, hell, she can even become a pirate if she wanted to, she can be the wench or the beer girl probably. Either way, she seemed pretty damn confident on living on her own, but the thing was, how would she get back home? Then it hit me. How did the Lost Boys get to her? The only way was suicide, or flying. I stood up snatching Tink on my shoulder, barely squeezing her in my fist as she played dumb. "You sent the lost boys after her, didn't you?!" She shook her head, with a pouty face, pretending to be good.
"Liar!" I shouted, and threw her across the room. And then she finally admitted. She was jealous, Tink always had been jealous of females liking me, even its other fairies or other girls I recently meet. Tink was the reason why all those girls either ran away from me, or was mad at me. "You even got the Indian princess to scalp my head!" Of course she was sad now since I caught her. She tried apologizing but I didn't let her.
"I'm not friends with liars." And I rocketed off my feet to search for Adeline. She couldn't have gone too far, especially going on foot in this jungle. I flew on above the tangled forest, trying find any spot of auburn hair, hoping to find her but I couldn't. Anything I saw related to her hair color I flew down to look but it ended up being a plant, or something entirely different. I wasn't going to go home till I found Adeline, even when it became nightfall I wouldn't, or even the Lost Boys had caught me. Is she thinking of me though? Inside, I kind of hoped she did. She's different. And I don't want to lose her. As I searched I found nothing, but I vowed that I wouldn't sleep till I found her. I even checked the Lost Boys hide outs, and some others that works alone, the only place left was the Indians.
As I flew there she was there, and not dead. She was actually communicating with the princess. She seemed happier, but I could see it in her light brown eyes, filled with guilt, she was uncomfortable but she still put on her fake smile for their sake. She was sitting next to Tiger Lily, who was the only one who spoke a bit of our language. Adeline scanned the area, I wondered but then I caught it. She's looking for me.
But would she do if I showed up? Another question was, why was she looking for me?
I took out my flute and started to play a tune and she turned hearing me, and met my eyes. I felt myself grin a bit. She turned around and telling the Indian Princess she'll be back and ran over to me.
"What are you doing here?" She hissed at me. But I knew she couldn't be angry at me. I took her hand and flew off with her as she screamed like last time I flew her up and she held onto me tightly and I carried her. I carried us near the ocean, and the safe part to where the mermaids couldn't reach us. I set her down and she slapped my arm, her lips going into a pout.
"Adeline," I called out to her and she froze, staring at me.

"How did you- " I pulled out her journal and handed it to her.

"The only thing I could read was your name." She took it hugging it against her chest and I took her hand.
"Ready to go home?" Adeline paused for awhile, indecisive. She wanted to stay a bit longer. I smiled then I pulled her close me knowing the answer was that she wasn't ready. I took her journal setting it down and we began to dance. I put her on my toes lifting my feet to where we were flying again.
"You know," I began say looking down at her as she looked up at the stars above us then down below at the ocean, "you don't have to grow up," She chuckled a bit then I said, "and you can always stay here forever." I whispered a bit and she looked at me in my eyes again. Her face, it was flawless, and nothing I ever seen. I traced my thumb over her cheek leaning down but she turned away clearing her throat.
"It's late." Was all she said. I nodded and I flew us back to my tree house, letting her sleep in my bed and I laid on the hammock across the room. All I could think about was her curious, intriguing face in the night. I could stare at it forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
BLUHHH SO SHORT. Sorry D: I'll try making it longer later maybe. Writing this at almost 1 in the morning. Sorry if it's kind of lame. Please and Thanks. Tell me what you think! Happy Reading~
-Meagan