Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Life, It Seems To Fade Away

Lex's P.O.V.

"Hello?"

"Alexandria, how nice of you to pick up your phone for once." Brett's condescending voice mocked me from the other end of the phone.

"What can I say? You catch me at the worst times." I smiled and took a sip of my beer, leaning back against the nicely padded lawn furniture on the back porch of my childhood home.

"Well, that doesn't matter. This, my dear... is very important." I sighed.

"What could it possibly be?" I joked, secretly hoping he would utter the two words that would make my day.

"Warped tour." I flew up from the couch, almost knocking my beer off of the glass coffee table.

"Can I call you back?"

"Sure." He chuckled knowingly, right before I hung up.

"Hey! Duke! C'mere!" I shouted to my German shepherd, that was currently swimming in the in-ground pool in the middle of my yard. I smiled as I watched him swim to the shallow side and climb up onto the small concrete path that looped around the rest of the grassy yard leading to the steps to the back porch.

He shook himself off and bounded up the steps to me. I grabbed an extra towel off of the railing and leaned down to dry him off.

I grinned excitedly at the year old dog. To me, he was still a puppy, and I babied him as if he were my own child. He licked my face and I grimaced. I guess I wasn't the only one who was excited.

"C'mon, I got to go makes some phone calls." I nodded toward the back door and he followed me to the kitchen, immediately going for his water bowl.

I flipped through my contacts before I reached the M's. I looked through my freezer and pulled out a bag of pizza rolls and tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for an answer.

"Hey beautiful." Mattie's voice came through the speaker. "What's up?"

"Warped tour." I grinned as I dumped my food onto the plate and opened my microwave.

"I knew it!"I could practically hear his contagious smile from the other side of the phone. "Fucking finally! This is great!"

"I know! Brett just told me." I smiled, loving how personal everything was at Epitaph. "You gonna call Jesse and Dylan, or am I?" I asked as I balanced my phone between my ear and my shoulder.

"I guess I will."

"Alright, call me back later, I'm about to eat." I nodded and turned on the microwave and walked toward the cabinet to pull out a bag of dog food. Duke sat in front of me, ears straight up, tail wagging against the linoleum floor, tongue hanging out, happy as can be.

"Gotcha, we gonna throw a party in celebration of our accomplishment tonight?"

"You act like this our first tour." I chuckled and poured Duke's food into his metal bowl next to the fridge.

"Headlining, yeah, it is." He laughed.

"Alright," I sighed. "I guess I can go for a party" I rolled my eyes at him laughing again, knowing damn well I was holding in excitement. "You guys bring the liquor, all I have is beer." I sighed again, looking through my fridge.

"Alright, I'll call ya later."

"Alright." I ended the call and smiled at Duke, who was wolfing down his food like he had never eaten before.

I patted him on the head as I walked over to the counter to retrieve my food from the microwave.

I smiled again as I walked through my house. After I came back, I was going to find a house or apartment near by, but I decided against it. It would've been a waste of money, since I'm here all the time anyway. I couldn't stay away for too long. That always seemed to be a problem. Whenever something, even the smallest of things seemed out of place, I had already took off running back home so fast, that the only way you even knew I was there was the dust I left behind.

What can I say? Home is important. Important to me like families are to normal people. But when you don't have a family, what's the next best thing?

Home.

I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV, flipping through channels until I found comedy central.

I frowned, not realizing that being on warped tour would probably bring back memories that I've tried so hard to leave behind. It's been almost two years since I've seen Ronnie, and I've thought about him every day. It's sounds strange, since we weren't together for very long, but I can't help but be stuck with thoughts of him.

Sure, I've had relationships since I've came home. Two to be exact. The first one was about a year ago, it was one of my ex boyfriends from my teenage years. Let's just say, I remembered why I left him in the first place ...

The second one, was a guy named Adam. But since he hated his name, we called him by his middle name, Bryan. He's in a band called Chasing Dreams, or at least he was, until he got arrested. We were together for a good seven months, but he was charged with attempted murder. It didn't hurt as bad as I expected, I mean I did care about Adam, but he could've easily avoided the situation that got him the charge in the first place. I had known him for years, and he was always getting in trouble.

I finished off the last of my pizza rolls and smiled as Duke came trotting into the room. I guess one good thing came out of the relationship though, if it weren't for Adam, I would've never got Duke. He gave me him as a puppy for our one month anniversary.

Duke just came over at jumped up onto the couch next to me. I gave him my last pizza roll and played with my hair. I had a few more tattoos since the warped tour I had attended. I kept my snakebites, and got my ears pierced, deciding it was strange that I was the only girl I knew who didn't have them done.

I also changed my hair. It was still long, I just had
shorter bangs, and I bleached the top and died my longest under-layers black. I was recognizeable, just not exactly the same.

Of course, I still kept in touch with Jacky, Ryan, and Derek. The have a new bassist, I'm guessing Ronnie kicked Mika out after the whole argument that ended up putting me through a window.

From what I understand, Ronnie has been dating some girl who works at Epitaph. I would like to lie and say I don't care, but I do. I don't tell anyone else that though. I haven't even talked to him once in the past two years. Sometimes, I wonder if he still thinks of me. Even if he's across the country.

I shook the thoughts from my head and got up and headed to the stairs for my room, deciding I needed to pack for warped tour, since I'd probably end up forgetting what I needed if I waited any longer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woooooooo!
First chapter :D
Comments?
Subs?
Please?