Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

I Love The Way That She Breathes

Adam's P.O.V.

"Sir? Are you of any direct relation to her?" The medic quickly asked as we climbed into the ambulance, the other man setting my sister on the the gurney.

"Ye-yeah, she's my sister, we have the same father." I choked out as I tired not to look at my younger sibling, who the other medic was currently attaching multiple tubes and shit to her, shouting something to the driver about keeping her stable.

He asked me for her information, such as her name, birthday, etc. I gave him everything he asked for. Staring at my hands that I had on each of my knees. We arrived at the hospital, and I took a deep breath as the driver opened the door, and got ready to make the worst call of my life, to my father.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"Hurry up! Ron! Get in the fucking cab!" Dyl shouted from the gate, where him and Jacky were already opening the doors, turning back and screaming, breaking me from my miserable daze as I ran through the grass to the cab, the sound of my footsteps changing as I ran onto the pavement and into the back next to Jacky.

"The nearest hospital! Wherever the fuck it is!" Dyl shouted and looked back at me and Jacky, breathing heavily. "That's where she would be, right?!" I fumbled over my words, but nothing came out. Jacky put a hand on my shoulder and nodded at Dylan, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

"She's going to be fine." Jacky said lowly, just so Dylan and I could hear. Apparently, the cab driver wasn't wasn't driving quickly enough for my normally soft spoken, respectful, quiet, British friend, because he shouted through the glass seperating us from him.

"Can you drive any bloody slower? My sister's in critical condition and your probably going the pace of a snail!" He glared ay him through the rear view mirror, but sped up anyway.

The ride to hospital was a blur to me, and even though I hadn't touched any illegal substance in years, I felt like I was on another planet. The tightness in my throat never left, but only increased as Dylan was on his phone, speaking quickly to who I assume was Jesse or Mattie. I felt another tear go down my cheek as Jacky put his hand on my beader clad shoulder reassuringly. I didn't even bother looking up. I swallowed thickly and attempted to breathe evenly. I could barely even register getting out of the cab and going into the brightly lit hospital, and following Jacky Dylan over to the receptionist's desk to get some information.

A few minutes passed by as we found out she was in the ER, and that Adam was waiting as well. We got directions on how to get there, and went on our way through the cold halls of the large building.

I hadn't said a word since Lex was taken into the ambulance, and we made our way silently down the hall that was supposedly leading us to our destination. The only sounds that were made by any of us were our footsteps on the cold floors. I lifted my head from staring at the floor as we walked just to see other patients in dark rooms, since it was well past midnight. The faint beeping of the machines keeping some of them alive could be heard in the hallway, and immediately regretted my previous actions, thinking of the same machines that could be hooked up to Alexandria. I looked ahead of us, spotting Adam sitting in a chair next to door without any windows, with his head in one of his hands, a phone in his other, which was pressed to his ear. He looked up and acknowledged us quickly, nodding to the chairs across from him. His eyes were bloodshot and still glassy and his blonde hair that was a similar style to mine was sticking up and he ran his tattooed fingers in a feeble attempt to fix it. Not that mine looked any better, I assumed, as we took the seats that were offered.

"No, you don't need to come out here." His voice strained into the phone frustratedly. Dylan moved from his spot with Jacky and I and sat next to the distressed singer. "I'll keep you updated on every- yes! I know it's important but if you'll just listen to me da- alright, alright! I'll call you as soon as I find out! No, she's probably not going to want to come home. Of course I know! Goodbye." He sighed as he hung up. He leaned back and knocked his head against the wall and groaned.

"Was that your dad?" Dylan looked at Adam, who nodded.

"I'm suprised he didn't call any of yous yet. I'm guess the rest of the guys are on their way?" Dyl just nodded. "Great. Just fucking perfect. I'm guessing they know what happened?"

Dylan shook his head, slightly shaking his short brown layers out of his face. "I didn't bother. They'll figure it out sometime." He shrugged.

My phone vibrating in my back pocket snapped me back to reality as I leaned up to pull it out. I didn't bother to look at the caller I.D. as I slid my finger across the screen to answer it, a decision I would quickly come to regret.

"Ronnie." Sally's voice come lowly from the other side of the phone and I didn't even bother to greet her, holding resentment toward her from the actions that caused us all to be here.

"Ryan's driving me to the airport. I'm going home. I can't believe I'm saying this, but after tonight, I don't know if we can see each other anymore. I'll have my things gone by the time you're back. I promise I'll never forget you, Ronnie."

I was shocked that this didn't really phase me, but I didn't really care.

Because I don't love her anymore.

I sighed and shrugged off the little voice in my head, as well as Sally's small speech.

"Alright. Tell Ryan to call me after he drops you off. It's really important for him to get to Mercy Hospital as soon as he leaves the airport. Have a nice life Sally." I said flatly.

"Wait- why are you at the hospital?!" She asked, her voice raising a few octaves through the speaker of my iPhone.

"Lex got hurt. Not that it matters to you." I sighed and let my free hand fall to the armrest of the plastic chair I was sitting in. "Just tell Ryan to call me, please. I'm sorry Sally. Goodbye." I was tired of the conversation. She went to speak but I hung up.

Another bridge burned....
Another obstacle out of the way of my happiness....
Hopefully.


My eyes widened at my inner thoughts, as I stared at the white floor blankly for a few minutes, taking all the events of the night in one more time.

About two hours of this monotonous torture had passed by before anything happened or anyone spoke.

My gaze never left the floor until I heard shouting and footsteps coming down the hall. We all looked up to see Jesse and Mattie jogging towards us.

"What the fuck happened?" Jesse asked immediately, brushing his black hair out of his worried face to look at Dylan, who stood up and shook his head, and went to explain what happened.

"Where is she? Is she alright?!" Mattie cut his bandmate off as soon as he mentioned that we hadn't heard anything as of yet. It took him a few seconds to even acknowledge my existence, after Dylan finished a quick version of the story.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're both assholes!" Mattie growled at me and Adam. I just looked at him blankly, not having it in me even to speak to anyone until I found out Alexandria was alright.

Adam obviously didn't feel the same, because he shot right out of his chair and balled his fist, before glaring fiercely at the man.

"Fuck you! You ain't shit! That's my fucking sister, my blood in there! Who the fuck are you? Some little prick that got lucky by being in the band in the first place? You mad that you haven't gotten in her pants? Or you mad cause someone else has?!" He shouted and I sighed at the last part. He obviously sensed the hostility between Matt and I, and decided to play on it to piss off the bass player, and I'm sure he got to him, by the look on Mattie's red face. Either that, or he was as intelligent as his sister, and took a shot in the dark, which was highly unlikely.

"Fuck you! You're the one who put her there!" Mattie jumped forward, and so did Adam. Luckily, the guys were on their toes from the earlier fights, and got between them before they made contact.

"Stop it! You think this bullshit is gonna help her?! You're all bloody stupid! You're all people she cares about! You think if she was out here she would want to see you twats out for each other's blood?!" I was shocked when Jacky started shouting. "I can't believe I'm saying this," he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before lazily throwing and arm in my direction, causing me to look up and send him a questioning stare. "But you should all be acting more like Ronnie." I shook my head and looked back down, deciding to stay out if it.

Me staying out of a fight?

Man, this night is full of suprises.

"Yeah," Mattie scoffed from behind Dylan and Jesse, who were still holding the two men back. "Because he's so fucking innocent. He's partly the reason for this shit too! Not exactly a good track record either, if you remember what happened last time." He laughed bitterly. My head shot up immediately, and I looked at the man, my brown eyes burning into his blue ones. That was a low fucking blow. I felt tears prick my eyes and closed them and tried to take a deep breath to calm myself down as I tried to push back down the memory of hurting Alexandria that day.

The day I've regretted every fucking day for two years.

Before anyone could reply, a doctor came from inside of the room I assumed my ex-girlfriend was in.

"I'm guessing all of you are here for Miss Carson?" He raised an eyebrow and looked over all of the guys, including me.

"Yes." I spoke up for the first time in hours, my voice raspy. I stood up as everyone else broke apart and stood around the older, balding, serious looking man to find out what was going on.

"Well." He looked over a clipboard, not looking up from it as he spoke. "I'm going to assume you're all family and close friends by the simple fact that you've been waiting so long and shouting so loudly." He grimaced at all of us as we waited silently for him to continue. "There seems to be three broken rips, a fractured wrist, two broken knuckles, a sprained ankle, and unfortunately ..." he sighed, shaking his head and taking his glasses off before looking at us all again.

"The broken ribs caused a punctured left lung." His words seemed to bounce off of the walls as everyone fell silent, except for a few horrified gasps.

"There's been some internal bleeding, and she won't be able to breath on her own for a while." Tears ran down my cheeks as I tried to take it all in. My head spun, but ignored it, mentally giving my rising panic attack a forceful push back as the doctor cleared his throat to speak again.

"She will most likely be alright, only time, and the healing of her lung will tell. I'm also sorry to say that visiting hours have been over for quite some time, and you will have to wait until morning to see her. I'm sorry that I can't offer anything else, boys." He sighed and shook his head before turning down a separate hallway.

Everyone stayed quiet, and everyone sat down, in either chairs, or on the floor. Sighs and sniffling were the only sounds made as I took my chair again. I closed my eyes, which hurt from watering so much tonight.

I know you can make it through this Lex, I believe in you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shout out in the next chapter, I'm exhausted D: