Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Lex's P.O.V. (Two Weeks Later)

"Ronnie." I whispered, sitting up on the king sized bed and pushing the snow white covers down to reveal his sleeping angelic face. I smiled and brushed some of his hair back, giggling slightly when his nose twitched and he mumbled something incoherent. "Get up. You gotta catch your flight for Florida in less than an hour." I spoke softly, my lips stretching even wider when his chocolate eyes fluttered open and he pulled his hand out from under the blanket, his fingers grasping my own.

"But I don't wanna." He whined childishly.

"You have to, babe. I'm sorry." I kissed his fingers and got up, heading to the bathroom to change and wash my face.

I returned to the bedroom about ten minutes later, feeling much more refreshed, wearing one a plain black Nike hoodie and a pair of skinny jeans, with black socks to match. I padded over to the dresser and brushed the majority of my hair into a long, straight ponytail, leaving my bangs free. I tightened the onyx studs screwed onto the bars of my snakebites and took my phone off the charger.

"Ronnieeeee." I called, dragging out the "e".

"Yeah?" I heard him reply, sounding slightly muffled. I assumed it was coming from the living room.

"Hey." I smiled at him, walking over to the black suede couch and sitting down next to him. Today, he chose a black button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and black skinnies to match. He was tying the laces on his black Vans when he looked up and smiled at me.

"I'm gonna miss you." I looked down, folding my hands in my lap after I put my phone in the pocket of my hoodie.

"I know, Lex." He sighed and kissed my cheek when he was finished with his shoes, pulling my thin frame into his lap. "It's only for a week. I'll be back before you know it." I looked up at him from under my lashes and nodded, adding a small smile for his sake.

"Max'll be coming by to check on you later." He said as if it was meant to comfort me. I scoffed at him and got up, making my way to the kitchen for something to drink.

"And my brother. And Jesse. And Mattie. And Dyl" I rolled my eyes and went for a bottle of vitamin water in the fridge, cracking it open and leaning on the marble counter.

"I really can take care of myself, you know. I've lived on the streets before Ronnie." I didn't miss the way he frowned at that comment as he walked over to the kitchen. "I don't need babysitters. I think I can manage."

"I know." Ronnie ran a hand through his shaggy hair and frowned ever further. "You can do it better than anyone else. But I worry. You know that, Lex." I rolled my eyes again and stood up to my full height, winding my arms around his torso and placing my head on his shoudler.

"What kinda man would I be if I left my pregnant wife by herself for a week? Huh?" He asked softly. I shrugged and groaned as I heard the taxi honk it's annoying horn out front.

"I hate it when you're right." I grumbled and pecked his lips before following him to the living room to retrieve his bag. He pulled open the front door, letting afternoon sunlight and fresh air spill in.

"Behave yourself." I raised an eyebrow at my husband, standing in front of him and fixing his shirt on the doorstep. The cab driver once again honked his horn loudly as Ronnie tried to speak.

"How 'bout you wait a fuckin' minute asshole! You ain't got nothin' else better to do!" I growled fiercely towards the street. The man behind the wheel just turned away, laying off the horn.

"Do you have to be so mean to people?" Ronnie rolled his eyes playfully. I shrugged.

"If I didn't say somethin', you were going to. And as it turns out," I nuzzled his nose and kissed him again, rubbing his chest. "You need a ride to the airport, not me." I smiled.

"I love you, Lex. I'll text and call you as often as I possibly can. Anything happens, I'm on the first flight home. Alright?" He asked, bending down and kissing my still-flat stomach through my hoodie, looking up at me seriously.

"Yeah Ron, I love you too." I kissed him cheek and shoved him lightly toward the walkway. "I'll call you if anything happens!" I shouted to him as he put his bag in the back of the cab.

"I love you!He shouted grinning like an idiot.

"How much?" I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"This much!" He stood in the street holding his arms out laughing adorably.

"Be careful, Ronnie. Have fun!" I waved one more time and stepped back inside just as the driver pulled off. With a sigh, I sat on the couch. Max would be over soon.

These last couple weeks, Ronnie and Max had been talking frequently, and I had even become friends with him. To me, he's like a little brother; even if he does have a few years on me. He's funny, and even sweet in his own way.

I know he hurt Ron, and that they'll probably never be as close as they were back then, but it was still nice to see Ronnie make amends. And he was fun to have around when you were bored, and kept secrets pretty well; considering nobody else knew about my pregnancy yet. So these were added bonuses.

I'd probably be bored this week alone, and end up begging my brother to bring over my adorable little nephew that I had a big hand in raising in my late teen years. I loved the little boy to pieces, and had taken him everywhere with me when he was a toddler. I hadn't seen him in almost a year, and I thought if it was any longer I was afraid he'd forget about me. I frowned. Today just seemed like one of those days.

You know those days when you wake up, and instantly feel that something's not right? For me, that was today. I had this strange anxiety burning in the back of my head and had no idea what the fuck to do about it.

No. It wasn't because Ronnie left. I've spent plenty of time away from the man I now call my husband and I've never felt like this. Sure, I felt sad, I missed him. Longed for him, even. But those feelings always made me feel slight tugs in my chest, not a tightness in my throat and burning in my brain.

Maybe it was nothing. What the hell could possibly go wrong today? I had no plans of even leaving the house, except to let Charlie in the backyard.

I shook my head and took a deep breath, my eyes slipping shut.

Yes, I had picked this habit up when I quit smoking. Did I feel strong without a cigarette?

Fuck no.

I wanted one.

Now.

But was I going to light one up?

No.

Not for another eight months.

Eight. God. Damn. Months.

I groaned, covering my face with my hands and leaning into the couch. My phone beeped a few times, alerting me I had an unread text message. I shoved my hand into the pocket of my hoodie and pulled my phone out, staring at the screen blankly.

From: Maxipaaaad.

Message received: 1:27 pm

On my way pregoooo, better have food in da fridgggge :D


I glared at the nickname he had been using. And he wondered why I didn't want why I didn't want to name my unborn child after him...

Ronnie's P.O.V.

Once I had made it through the hell on earth that is the airport, I was on the plane, not sitting near any of my band members, thankfully. I say this because they seem to like to fuck around on planes, and I kind of just like to chill and maybe catch a nap. Fortunately, I was moves to first class, because of an unexpected full capacity. I sighed contently and leaned back into the padded chair. At times like this, I'd always think about things to take my mind off of my anxiety.

For example, my wife. Alexandria was always, always on my mind. The guys were always bitching at me for talking about her over the past few years.

"Lex this, Lex that. Dude, shut the fuck up." Derek had once said to me.

"She's great. We know. But you can stop talkin' about her all the time." Ryan followed up.

"If she was here, she'd probably hit you." Jacky shook his head.

I know it's a bit much, but I honestly couldn't help it.

How happy would you be if lost the one thing that meant the world to you, and somehow got it back?

Shitting fucking rainbows. That's how happy you'd be.

Don't get me wrong, we had our fights and bad times just like anyone else, even still. I was reckless, she was rebellious. I started fights and ran my mouth, she stood up and handled her own as well. We clashed sometimes, probably because we were similar. Fucked up pasts, a passion for music, and a hell of short fuse.

On the other hand, that fuse usually wasn't set without you hurting someone she cared about. She was protective and really to kill for them, even if they didn't need them. She was loyal, which I loved about her.

It also made me nervous.

What if something happens in Philly?

She's on the first plane back home without even a glance behind her. It's not even the people calking for her to come back. As much as I hate to admit it, it's her heart. She can never be completely whole here. Not because of me, but because she's just one of those people who stays where they "belong" (as she always put it) and tries to fix things, instead of everyone else, including me; who just cuts their losses and moves on.

To me, home was wherever I was. Living from nothing but a bag, and being a drug addict probably did that to you.

Don't get get me wrong, Vegas will always have a place in my heart, probably just because I was raised there. It was different for Lex. Even though she was married to me, pregnant with my child, living with me, she still referred to Philadelphia as home

Even though she probably didn't mean to, it slightly upset me. I just brushed it off though most of the time. I loved that girl with everything with me. Nothing could ever take me away from her.

"Hey." A brunette sitting in front of me leaned over and smiled. She looked slightly familiar, I just couldn't place it though. She had wavy brown hair that feel onto the shoulder of the blazer she was wearing. She had tan skin and no tattoos or piercings, from what I could see.

"Hi." I smiled politely and waved a bit at the woman. She was pretty, and sort of reminded me off Sally, appearance wise.

"I'm Alexa." She spoke and leaned forward to shake my hand with her petitie one.

"Ronnie." I replied and shook her hand before leaning back in my seat.

Lex's P.O.V. (Two Hours Later.)

"Yes Max. We had Hotpockets." I groaned at the manchild raiding my fridge.

"You don't have Ham and cheese!" He whined and closed the freezer, settling for chicken nuggets instead. "Want some?" He held up the bad and grinned, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sure." I nodded from the couch, putting my feet up on the table and flipping through the channels on TV. "You stayin' tonight?" I hollered over the microwave beeping.

"Yeah, I gotta hold the house down." I puffed out his chest on stood up straight.

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and scoffed. "Pffft. Whatever you say, Maxipad." I heard him stomp and looked over to see him with him with his hands on his t-shirt covered hips, glaring at me.

"What." I raised an eyebrow, challenging him.

"And! Being the temporary house holder downer! I demand you stop calking me that!" I snorted in response.

"House holder downer? Really?" I giggled. Max nodded, looking completely serious. "Alright Maxipad." I shrugged and looked back to the TV. A chicken nugget came flying my way from the kitchen and hit the front door. I sighed and didn't even bother giving him my attention.

"I would punch you, but there was no way in hell that was even gonna hit me. Not with a girly ass throw like that." I sighed and heard him mutter something along the lines of "bitch" before he came in and plopped onto the couch next me, laying the plate covered in chicken nuggets and ketchup in between us.

I smiled and reached for one, pausing when I raised my line of vision to Max's face, which he had stuffed five chicken nuggets in.

"You need serious help." I muttered and shook my head, taking a bite of my own food and turning back to the TV seeing the channel was changed to a horror movie.

"Hey!" I turned back and snatched the remote of the hand Max wasn't using to shovel food into his mouth with.

"You weren't even watching it!" He whined, snatching it back.

"Yuh huh!" I reached back over to grab it, but was too slow, he had tossed it into the armchair.

"Nuh uh!" He shook his head. "You don't even know what was on."

"Yeah I was!" I reached for more chicken and bit into another nugget.

"Then what was on?" He asked defiantly. I looked straight ahead at the blood and gore on the LCD screen. I didn't reply. "See? My Bloody Valentine it is." I could hear the smile in his voice and rolled my eyes, picking up my phone to text Jesse and see how Mattie's moving was coming along. It shouldn't be that bad, he had sold a lot of stuff. He only sent for the important things.

"Whatever you say, Maxipad." I muttered, smiling at the screen of my phone as I typed away. Before I even set the phone back down, a couch pillow bounced off my head, wiping the grin off my face.

I turned slowly to face Max, glaring at him as he grabbed the plate of chicken nuggets and took off into the kitchen and out back. Charlie got up from his spot by the door, chasing after the strange man with the food.

"That's it." I grabbed the pillow off the wood floor and got up. "You die!" I pointed at him and ran after him through the house, giggling like crazy as he opened the sliding back doors and ran out into the dimly lit yard, Charlie barking happily and snatching up the chicken that fell of the plate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much Shauna_Avenged, X13XThePurpleEscape, becca65, and WickedMaddness for commenting on the last chapter. You guys are the reason this chapter is up, and I hope you continue to comment on my updates. If anyone has any opinions on how to better the story, please let me know. In fact, I had started making the chapters around 2,000 words long, cause someone asked me for longer chapters. <3