Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

And All My Friends Don't Give A ***

Lex's P.O.V.

"Hands in the on the car, spread your legs." The cop sighed nonchalantly, probably having done this thousands of times. We did what we were told, and turned our backs on the officer, placing our limbs on the glossy black paint on my ex-boyfriend's car. First, the cop started searching me, and went up a little too far up on my inner thigh.

"Watch it." I turned my head to glance at him and growled, not appreciating his wandering hands.

"Excuse me?" He pulled back, challenging me.

"You heard me." I ground out, not exactly in the mood for this rookie's bullshit.

"Watch your fucking mouth." He smirked, daring me. I took the dare like loud mouth I was.

"Go fuck yourself." I shrugged.

"Shut up, Lex." Jesse ground out. "You're only gonna make this worse. I bit my tounge, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah. Listen to your boyfriend, before I take your ass in for disorderly conduct, miss." The cop smirked as he searched the Jesse. I just chewed on my lip, hoping by some freak chance he wouldn't find the hundreds of dollars worth of dope on Bryan. My heart started to pound furiously in my chest and I felt my anxiety triple as the cop started to grip Bryan's ankles, working his way up his denim-clad legs.

My eyes darted back and forth, searching the street for any other squad cars or patty wagons, or even a car that looked suspicious enough to be an undercover. I felt my criminal instincts kick in, after years of being brushed under the rug in the back of my mind. My mind was practically screaming at me as the pig started patting Bryan's thigh. Everything seemed to move faster than normal as a little voice in my head started to chant.

Run! Run for your fucking life!

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"Thanks, man." I paid and tipped the cab driver before I climbed out and stretched. I stretched my arms and took a deep breath, smelling the not-so foreign city's scent. A couple years ago, this city was strange to me. Lex seemed to change all that.

The residents seem hostile, being known for pelting their sports teams with balls of ice during the winter, getting inti brawls outside of stadiums with fans from other places. You always here about it being home to some of the most notorious drug corners in America, and having more violent crimes than any other city. And I thought Vegas was crazy.

But, most of the time... things here weren't so bad. At least not when I was here. Probably because I spent most of my time here with Alexandria.

At the thought of her, I dropped my arms and smiled, staring up at Lex's childhood home. I pulled out my phone, and tried calling her for about the 50th time, getting no answer, but it still rang all the way through. I shook my head, wondering why her cell phone was always on vibrate as I jogged up the walkway, steps, and porch to her front door.

I gave it a soft knock, having already given Jesse back the key he leant me during the summer.

"C'mon Lex." I muttered, rubbing my arms quickly to get rid of the chill that gave me goosebumps. "Answer your damn door." I tapped the sole of my sneaker on the smooth cement the porch was made up of, waiting impatiently for my wife. I looked up when the heaving front door swung open, but frowned when it wasn't Lex's face I saw through the glass of the screen door. It was her father, hair sticking up, Philadelphia Eagles shirt wrinkled, looking like he was half asleep.

"Hey... Ronnie?" He asked, confused and tiredly as he opened the other door, holding it open and stepping to the side as a gesture for me to come in to the nice, spacious home. I walked over and sat down on the couch, rubbing my face. I felt something cold and wet on my forearm, and looked down to see
Duke sniffing my arm, tail wagging, and tounge hanging out happily as he greeted me.

"Hey buddy." I grinned and pet the big German Shepherd's head, pulling away when he started to lick my hand. Lex's dad fixed his sweat pants before sitting down across from my on the other side of the sectional, lighting a cigarette with his left hand, shaking mine with his right.

"What's up?" I smiled genuinely at the older man.

"Nothing much." He flicked the ash off of his cancer stick. "What brings you to the ghetto?" He asked, chuckling as he smoothed down his dark hair. He must've noticed my confused expression and instantly tried to clarify. "I'm kidding. This neighborhood ain't that bad... yet." He muttered the last part, taking a drag of his cigarette, rubbing his face with a heavily tattooed hand.

I laughed and leaned back against the couch. Duke took this as an opportunity to climb up and walk across my lap, curling up next to me as best he could with his size.

"God dammit, mutt! Get down!" Lex's dad laughed and pointed at the floor. Duke just put his ears down and pretended to be asleep, ignoring his second master's request.

"Damn dog don't listen for shit. I always tell Lex not to let him on the furniture, but as it turns out," He smiled at me, his tired eyes almost identical to his daughters. "My kids don't listen too well neither." I nodded and laughed.

"True. They don't take orders too well." I grinned at the older man. I was truly happy I could actually talk to him, especially since Alexandria loved her father so much. He was a nice guy, and had never been mean to me. He reminded so much of his daughter and it made it even easier to get along with him.

"Yeah, if Alex was here he'd listen to her though." He glared playfully at the slumbering dog next to me. I felt my heart sink into my stomach and a cold sweat cover me. The look on my face must not have been pretty, since my father in-law frowned at me.

"What's wrong, Ronnie?" He asked, concern lacing his voice. I tore my gaze away from the coffee table for a moment and looked up at him.

"You mean she's not here?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"No," He stated slowly. "I thought she was with you back in Cali. That's why I was confused when you showed up here." His own eyes widened immediately and I took a deep breath. "She told you she was here?" He stubbed out his cigarette and reached over onto the end table, grabbing the cordless house phone, already dialing Lex's cell.

"She called our friend Jacky's phone and told me she'd just landed in Philly, I heard Jesse in the background. I thought she'd be here." I replied, getting more worried by the second.

"She hung up on me... she told me to call her... but she didn't answer." I mumbled, more to myself than my father in-law as he pressed the phone to his ear.

"She could've went to Jesse's." He mumbled back. "His house is only a few blocks over. They pretty much lived at each other's houses growing up, so it's not too much of a longshot that she's there. Let's not freak out just yet, alright?" He raised an eyebrow at me and pulled the phone away from his face. "She didn't answer me, either." He furrowed his eyebrows and set the phone down on the coffee table. "You got Jesse's number? I don't remember it offhand."

"Yeah." I nodded, sitting up so I could pull my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans, brushing my bangs out of my face. Just as I went to unlock the screen, it started to ring and vibrate furiously in my hand, the screen lightning up immediately. My heart jumped in my chest, hoping for a second that it was my wife. Sadly, I was close, but no dice.

It was Adam.

Lex's P.O.V.

"Ooh, looky what what got here!" The police officer mockingly cried as he dug into the pocket of Bryan's jeans and pulled out the bundle of drugs we had been dreading for what felt like forever. Jesse and I cringed at the same time, before letting out heads drop onto the roof of the car in defeat, the simultaneous thunks our skulls making on the metal ringing through my head. I gripped the roof of car, willing myself not to take off and abandon my friends, making their punishment even worse.

What the fuck are you doing?! Run! Run you stupid bitch!

I squeezed my eyes shut at the sound of the handcuffs clicking quickly around Bryan's wrist.

"Jesus, you're fucking stupid. Drug attics usually are though." The cop howled in laughter, shoving him into the back of the squad car. The whole time, he stayed silent, being used to the pigs ruining everything for everyone. Not that having dope on you wasn't wrong, and stupid... but to us, cops were stupid and wrong.

"And," Officer Fuckface laughed again, cuffing Jesse too. "Since your little friend had enough drugs on him to supply Kensington and Allegheny for a fucking night, you guys get to tag along too."

I rolled my eyes at the cop's reference to one of Philly's biggest hotspots for any type of drug or prostitute you could possibly think of as I felt Jesse's weight shift off of the car. I lifted my head off the roof and glanced behind me to see the cop yanking Jesse towards the squad car and shoving him inside next to Bryan. I saw the dirty look that my bestfriend was giving him the entire time, probably imagining all the ways he could kick the living shit out of him. I saw the cop approach me lastly, holding a pair of shiny cuffs, I blinked and stared at them, shining brightly in all their metal glory as I debated on whether if it would be worth it if I took off, if I could run faster than him, where I would go, etcetera.

Finally, looking down at my still pretty much flat stomach, for the first time in my entire reckless existence, I decided that I was gonna okay it safe. It really wasn't worth it.

Thoughts of Ronnie ambushed me as I felt the cool metal enclose my thin, tattooed wrists. I frowned, closing my eyes when I felt the cuffs click shut tightly, almost painfully. If Ronnie could see me right now, he'd probably be both disappointed and proud.

Disappointed, because I let myself fall into such a ridiculous problem.

Proud, because I made a responsible decision, temporarily changed my ways to protect our child.

My thoughts were cut off when I felt a large hand wrap tightly around my upper arm, and I was harshly yanked away from the car by officer douchebag, I was sent stumbling back a few feet and yelped before I regained my footing, the handcuffs digging into the bones in my wrists.

"Stop it, asshole!" I heard Jesse boom angrily from the open back door. "She's fucking pregnant!" He snarled furiously.

The cop glanced at me for a second, but I didn't see the look on his face to know if he believed my guitarist or not. Instead, I was staring at a dumbfounded Bryan, who's eyes looked they were about to fall out of his head when he let his head hit the bullet-proof glass separating criminals from officers. I'm guessing the asshole cop believed him, because he wasn't as harsh with me as before as I was pushed into the car next to Jesse, my shoulder bumping his as the door slammed loudly. I evaluated my current situation.

One, I wasn't even home for an hour and I was already in police custody.

Two, our friends won't be looking for us since they didn't even know we were here. (excluding the ones in Cali)

Three, Ronnie was probably freaking the fuck out since I wasn't answering my phone, and I had no idea when I was getting my phone call when we to the fifteenth district police station.

Four: I really, really had to pee.

"You alright?" Jesse asked softly as he put his forehead against mine, pulling me out of my thoughts to stare into his sky blue eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I whispered as the cop got into the driver's seat, slamming the heavy door behind him and starting the newer model Chevy Impala.

I let my eyes wander over to Bryan, who still had his head against the glass, murmuring something along the lines of "I don't wanna go back to jail" over and over again. I sighed and pulled my head away from Jesse's, leaning back onto the hard plastic of my "seat" as we turned onto my street on our way to the police station. I gasped lightly when I seen my dad's Escalade parked out front, silently cheering in my head happily that he was home.

"I don't think your dad's gonna be too happy if he has to bail us out." Jesse smiled and leaned back as well, staring forward as we turned off of my block.

"Again." I added with a sigh.

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear, sharing a look with my father in-law as I waited for his son to reply.

"Yo dude. Where are you?" Adam asked, almost frantically. I heard a crash and a boom in the background, I'm guessing he knocked something over.

"I'm at your father's house, why? Is everything alright?" I asked, my eyes widening with each word.

"In Philly?" He ignored my question.

"No," I rolled my eyes and shook my head at his brainless attitude. "In Neverland."

"Good." He ignored me again.

"Why's that?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, brushing my hair out of my face.

"Cause Lex got arrested."