Status: Complete

I Don't Love You, Like I Did Yesterday

Meet Me Out Past The Train Tracks I'm Leaving And Not Coming Back

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"I can't believe this." Alexandria's father shook his head and fixed his Flyers jacket as we walked into the police station. "Twenty three, married, with a kid on the way, and she still manages to get her self into more trouble in a week than most people in a life time." He glanced back at me as we strolled past a desk. An older blonde female officer smiled sympathetically at him.

"Nice to see you again, Doris." He waved unenthusiastically. We kept walking towards a narrow hallway, the soles of our sneakers thudding quickly on the linoleum floors.

"You know where to go." She called over to us. He didn't reply. I shook my hair out of my face and stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jeans and walked along side of him.

"Something tells me this is all familiar to you." I muttered, staring into the windows of rooms fill with cops as we passed by. They looked different than any other cops I had seen in person, clad in blue and black uniforms rather than tan, like Vegas. I had been quite familiar with the tan and black uniforms myself. I shuddered at the thought.

"More than you'd think. Not just cause of Alex, neither. I've been in some trouble around the neighborhood, more than I'd like to admit. Adam too." He chuckled and ran a hand through his dark brown hair as we came to a stop outside a room with a metal door. I smiled at him, feeling not so alone, considering I wasn't the only one who had been in trouble with the law.

"Well, I guess we should go get her." He chucked and opened the door.

Lex's P.O.V.

I leaned my back against the concrete wall of my holding cell, propping my feet up on the cool metal bench I was stretched out on. Stuffing my hands into the pockets of the hoodie Mattie gave me, I ripped my attention away from the detectives working and chatting away on the other side of the metal bars, and looked at Jesse, who was sitting on another bench right across from me.

"Just like old times, eh?" He chuckled lowly, crossing his arms over his chest and assuming the same position as me.

"Yeah. I guess it's better this time, though. At least they threw us in a holding cell, and took the cuffs of this time." I shrugged and smiled weakly.

"Hey." Bry called from the other side of the wall, from the holding cell he was in. "You're really pregnant." He stated more than asked. I could hear the contempt in his tone.

"Yeah." I glared slightly at the wall, wondering where he was going with this. Jesse just sighed and stretched out on his own bench, a feeble attempt to get comfortable.

"Married too?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah." I repeated shortly, wondering where he was going with this. "Since August."

"Well. Then I guess this ain't really like old times." He stated flatly.

"Oh really? How so?" I replied defensively and crossed my arms, even though he couldn't see me.

"I dunno. I remember getting booked with a girl who threw care and society's expectations to the wind, not Betty Crocker, house wife of the fucking year." He replied bitterly.

"Someone's jealous that life moved on without him." Jesse muttered under his breath. "Oh God forbid someone's actually happy." Jesse flailed his arms dramatically, earning a laugh from me.

"Hey Adam." I growled, hearing him sharply inhale when I used his real name. It took him a moment to answer me.

"Yeah?" He asked angrily.

"Go fuck yourself." I stated flatly. Jesse burst out laughing quickly, before Bryan could get another word in.

"Quiet down in there!" An older male detective hollered from behind his desk, obviously trying to concentrate on his paper work. Something told me he wasn't bright enough to realize I didn't give a fuck.

"Pencil pushin' prick." I replied hostily.

"Holy sh-shit!" Jesse was clutching his sides from his laughter by now. The man looked up from under his glasses and glared warningly at me.

"Keep it up, I'll send your ass to the youth." He replied with a smirk, referring to the Youth Study Center in Olney, where I'd be thrown if I was teenager.

"Go to hell. I ain't a kid." I smirked right back him and waved him off. "I'm twenty three years old. I can't even be charged with anything. That's usually how it is... WHEN YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING." I argued. The detective just glared.

"Accomplice." He stated shortly, not even looking at me as I sorted through the paperwork on his desk, which was most likely my information.

"Whatever." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"When do we get outta here? I'm fucking starving!" Jesse asked obnoxiously, probably not even realizing it.

"Whenever officer Bradley gets back. He decides if yous get charged, since he was the one that arrested you." The detective shook his head and looked down at his paper work.

"What about me?" Bryan spoke up loudly.

"What about you?" The man snorted and dropped his pencil. "You're goin' right back to CFCF. You had four hundred bucks worth 'a dope in your pocket." He laughed at him. I heard Bryan's head thump against the wall separating us out of frustration. My anger for him melted away, just like it had always end up doing over the years.

What can I say? I can never stay mad at my friends.

"Fuck my life." He muttered miserably. I put my hand on the wall sympathetically.

"Sorry dude." I mumbled through the wall. Honestly feeling bad for him. "Have Jimmy bail you out, it was his fault anyway." A long pause passed and I sighed. "And if he doesn't, I will." Jesse looked at me oddly. I gave him a shrug in reply.

"Yeah." He replied quietly with a sigh. "Thanks Lex. "

I looked back over at Jesse, who frowned and shook his head, mouthing something like "He's never gonna learn.''

I frowned back at him and furrowed my eyebrows as I slid down the wall into a laying down position, in my own feeble attempt at getting comfortable.

This wasn't like old times at all.

Flashback

"Lex! Hurry up! The cops are gonna be here any minute! The old bitch up the block snitched!" Bryan hissed, shaking dust out of his long, shaggy dark hair.

"Shut up!" I hissed and pushed my short black hair out of my face as we ran out of the dark, abandoned house that was falling apart.

"Come on!" He grabbed my wrist and broke out into a run as the sirens got closer. He yanked me out the back door and into an empty alley way.

"But Jesse's still in there!" I cried and yanked my arm back, causing him to turn back around and look at me while I pointed to the old house.

"He's caught! I'm not risking my freedom for him!" He whisper-yelled at me, frustratedly.

"Fuck you! That's my brother!" I cried, not caring if the cops heard me. "Jess!" I turned back to face the house. "Get the fuck outta there!" I managed to shout before my boyfriend clamped a hand over my mouth, trying to pull me away.

"He ain't your blood! Let's go!" He shouted, getting angry at me.

"I don't give a shit!" I replied honestly, feeling as if I had to go get him. I threw myself forward to get out of Bryan's grasp, almost ripping my tight Led Zepplin hoodie in the process. He tried to grab me again, this time by the belt loops of my jeans.

"No! I'm not gonna leave him!" I shoved him back, sending him stumbling into a parked car.

"You're really gonna risk our freedom for his? Babe! We gotta get outta here!" He shouted. I ignored my boyfriend, and broke out into a sprint back into the house.

"Jesse!" I whispered into the dark kitchen, looking for any signs of my bestfriend. I heard foot steps come from behind me.

"Lex!" I heard Bryan ground out as the sound of two car doors slamming out front caught our attention. My eyes darted all over the dark, dusty house we were going to party in tonight. I pushed my short raven locks out of my face as if it would help me see in the pitch black house.

"Get outta here." I spoke lowly to Bryan who kept figiting behind me, the sound of his leather jacket moving annoying the living shit out of me.

"No. I'm not gonna leave you." He replied sternly. I sighed.

"Then hide somewhere. I'm gonna look for Jesse." With that, I took off quietly up the old wooden staircase leading to the second floor. I heard a small thudding noise come from the middle bedroom and dashed towards it.

I was moving stealthily, until I slammed into something, not so gracefully stumbling back. "Fuck!" I hissed, smacking my head into a dusty wall. I winced and grabbed my forehead, biting my lip to refrain from shouting.

"Lex?" I heard Jesse's shaky voice holler from inside the room I was at.

"Jess!" I darted into the room. There was one window that faced the street, letting the yellow light from the street light spill in. There was an old sheetless mattress, a scratched up nightstand, and a dresser covered in graffiti occupying the room. My eyes darted over to the open closet, seeing Jesse on the floor with one leg into the small storage room.

"C'mon! We gotta get outta here! The cops are out front!" I knelt down in front of him, assuming he fell or something.

"I can't move." He whined, shaking his head and looking up at me with fearful blue eyes.

"Why no-" I trailed off and let my eyes travel to the floor of the closet, where his leg was caught in some kind of old, rusty metal hunting trap.

"Oh my God!" I cried, leaning over to see one of the pieces almost penetrating the back of his ankle. I looked back up at him when I realized I wouldn't be able to free him, and he frowned at me.

"I guess I'm done for." He mumbled miserably, clutching his jeans.

"No." I sat down and put my arm around him, letting his head fall on my shoulder. "We're done for." I said sternly.

"No Lex. Run. Before the pigs find us. There's no reason for you to suffer cause of me. I shouldn't have been rootin' around in here. 'Guess it's karma." He shrugged.

"No Jess. I'm not leavin' you here. I'm going down with you." I replied, leaning my back against the wall. I kicked the dresser with the front of my green converse. "I guess whoever lived here really didn't want you in that closet, huh." I giggled, letting my eyes travel to the closet, yet again. A lone wooden box on a shelf caught my eye. I looked back to Jesse who was also staring at it.

"Grab it." Jesse stated, reading my mind. I shot up off the floor, leaning over my injured friend and grasping the wooden box before sitting back down next to him.

"Let's just hope this ain't a trap, too." I giggled and blew some one the dust off it, flinching slightly when I heard the front door being broken down. Every splinter cracking made me more aware of what was coming our way. I started to wonder if Bryan took off yet.

"Or a bomb." Jesse shrugged nonchalantly. I laughed and shook my head, opening the box... to reveal a smaller box inside. My face dropped and glanced at Jesse who chuckled at my expression. I turned my attention back to the small black box that Jesse took into his hand.

"Ooh, Velvet. Classy." He wiggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes at how he still goofed around, when we were probably going to spending the night at the district.

"Just open it, douchebag." I giggled and watched him flick open the box, to reveal two gold chains inside.

"Oh shit." He whispered. I tossed the wooden box under the bed and took the velvet one out of his hand. There was a golden heart locket on each other chains, and the were connected together at the sides.

I heard the door finally bust open, and quick, heavy footsteps flood into the house as I took the necklaces out of the box, tossing it under the bed to join the other one. The two lockets pulled apart with a click, and I handed one to Jesse. We stared at the beautiful jewelry in wonder.

"They're identical." He mumbled, looking back and forth at the necklace in my hand and back at the one in his. After a few moments, an idea came to my mind. I turned to face Jesse quickly, putting the chain over his head and letting it drape around his neck.

"We're not gonna sell 'em." I smiled and pulled his black hair out from under the gleaming chain. He watched me curiosity.

"We're not?" He questioned quietly.

"No. We'll keep 'em. Forever." I nodded my head at my own statement as a small smile spread across his lips.

"Okay." He nodded as well, draping the necklace around my own neck. I leaned forward taking the locket hanging from his chain, and letting it click at the side of my own for a moment.

"We'll always be connected." I smiled at my bestfriend before gently pulling them apart again. I took his locket in between my fingers and hooked my finger in the collar of his Metallica T-shirt and dropped the gold jewelry in it, before doing the same to my own. I leaned back against the wall once more and put my arm around Jesse's shoulders. "Forever." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Forever, huh?" He asked quietly, staring forward at the doorway the cops would burst through any minute now. "You really gonna be gettin' into stupid shit with me that long?" I giggled and nodded against his shoulder as we heard shouting coming from downstairs.

"I guess Bryan didn't run like I thought he would." I mumbled and stared at the doorway as well. I heard loud footsteps stomp up the steps and more shouts, but one thing stuck out the most to me. Hand cuffs clinking and clanking together.

"We're so fucked." Jesse laughed, I copied him as we broke out into hysterics. An officers shouting interrupted our moment as he jumped into the doorway, pistol pointed at us and all.

"PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!" The young officer shouted.

"LIKE YOU JUST DON'T CAAARE!" I retorted obnoxiously. Jesse and I broke out into a fit of laughter again, lifting our arms so that the officer could see them before he stomped towards us, yanking me up and cuffing me.

Back To The Present

"You were right, Bry." I mumbled, fingering the locket I always kept under my shirt, glancing over at Jesse, who pulled out his from under his t-shirt and grinned at me. "It really ain't like old times."

Ronnie's P.O.V.

"I never pictured it like this." I mumbled, looking around me as passed through another brightly lit, narrow hallway.

"Like what?" My father in law glanced at me, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "A hell hole?" He chuckled.

"Well... no. Just kinda erie, I guess." I replied and shrugged my shoulders, looking at him and smiling slightly.

"They do that on purpose, y'know." He smiled back, trying to lighten the mood. I shot him a confused expression and he chuckled again.

"It's cold no matter what time 'a year it is, the lights are so bright that it almost blinds ya, the walls are cement, the benches are metal. Everything's impersonal. They do it so you don't wanna be here. Kinda like a hospital I guess." He shrugged. I laughed at his comparison.

"Like a hospital." I nodded as he opened a door. We stepped into a room with a single desk, a tired looking woman sitting behind it. She looked up at us and removed her glasses.

"Carson?" She asked with a sigh and forced a weak smile, brushing her graying hair out of her face. Alexandria's father nodded.

"Clark, too." She nodded and picked up her phone, punching some numbers into the dial pad before putting the large piece of plastic to her ear.

"Yeah, send Clark and Carson out." She sighed again into the phone before hanging it up. "It'll just be a minute." She smiled and replaced her glasses on her face, returning to her paperwork as we waited.

I started to tap my foot, anxious to see my wife. My heart thudded in my chest more quickly than normal as I stared forward into the small window on the door, which I assumed that's where the holding cells were at.

"Relax, Ronnie." Lex's dad laughed and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, catching my attention. I looked at him and frowned slightly. "I'm worried too, but she's in a holding cell, not the hospital. Right?" He smiled and I nodded.

After a few more moments of pure torture, I heard the metal door swing open from across the room and snapped my neck towards the commotion, a smile spreading across my face as I saw an officer escorting Lex and Jesse out of the room.

Lex looked up at me happily through half lidded eyes, smiling tiredly. I assumed she must've fallen asleep in there. Something I could never have done. I stepped forward, restraining myself from running and squeezing the life out of her. She walked towards me quickly, throwing her arms around my neck and burying her face in it. I smiled and let my cheek fall against her hair. I wrapped my arms around her tightly, rocking us back and forth, blinking back tears.

God, I was fucking stupid for even looking at Alexa. I couldn't last more than five days away from this girl

"I missed you." I heard her voice crack slightly as she mumbled into my neck, gripping my shirt tightly. I ran my hands up and down her back, inhaling her scent.

"I missed you too. I'm so sorry, Lex. I'm never leaving you again." I mumbled miserably. Lex's dad and Jesse looked on with smiled, mumbling "awwww's" and "that's adorable" I turned my attention back to the girl in my arms, her death grip on me never relenting.

"You can't promise me that." She shook her head. "But if I ever see another picture of you and some troll looking whore. There'll be hell to pay." She sighed and kissed my neck before pulling back just enough so I could look into her eyes. She wasn't wearing any make up around her deep green eyes, and she batted her long eyelashes as she waited for my reply, a smile still on her lips.

"I love you." I replied and pressed my lips against hers, pulling her tighter against me. We pulled away after a few minutes, untwisting our tounges to look at at Jesse and her father, who were making gagging noises as they walked out. She looked up at me as I put my arm around her shoulders.

We followed them out into the hallway I had commenting on earlier, and Lex laid her head on my shoulder as we walked through the police station.

"Real mature, dad." She laughed as we walked out into the cool September night air. I felt a shiver pass through me and Lex rolled her head to frown at me.

"Not used to this east coast weather, huh babe?" She giggled quietly as we walked over to her father's Escalade the was almost identical to my own.

"Awwwwwww," Jesse cooed as he walked over to the passenger's side door. "Is Wonnie cold?" He smirked.

"Shut the fuck up." Lex mockingly glared at him as her dad unlocked the doors automatically.

"Fuck you guys then." He laughed in a ghetto voice and snapped his fingers before jumping into the car. We laughed and shook our head at him before getting into the back of the car. Lex shut the door behind us before cuddling into my side. I put my arm around her shoulders as she pulled the hood of her sweater over her pony tail and yawned.

"Tired?" I asked softly before she put her legs across my lap. She nodded and rubbed her eyes adorably.

"Of course." Her dad chuckled as he pulled out of the parking lot and onto the street. "She always tired in the car. When she was a baby I used to just ride around in the old Dynasty with her in the back seat until she fell asleep. She'll be out before we get home." He chuckled.

"Dad." Alexandria whined tiredly into my neck. "You're embarrassing me."

"That's so cute!" Jesse squeaked mockingly and looked back at us as he lit the cigarette he swiped off his bestfriend's father.

"Didn't I tell you to shut the fuck up?" She mumbled tiredly and gave him the finger.

"Love you too, Lex. " He grinned and blew smoked out of his nose, shaking his head and turning back to his conversation with Lex's dad.

"I love too, Ronnie." She mumbled and nuzzled my neck. I grinned and placed my hand on her stomach, rubbing it gently.

"I love you too, Alexandria." I closed my eyes for a moment, letting myself enjoy the moment with my wife as she slumbered away in my arms.

"AAAAAWWWWW." Jesse cooed obnoxiously, earning a chuckle from Lex's dad and a glare from me when I opened my eyes. "Just like old times." He smiled back at me as we pulled up in front on Lex's childhood home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww, reunion <3