Status: it is a horrible summary, but give it a chance.

The Protective Wolf

Prologue

"You don't have to go, you know," I told him, watching as he shifted onto his stomach and supported his top half up by his elbows, "You could just stay here. If no one goes-" He let out a low growl, signaling me to stop speaking any further. I sighed, reaching out and running the tips of my fingers over his bicep while he proceeded to repeatedly run his fingers through his short brown hair.

We lie on my bed, hidden underneath my white sheets while our clothes lie haphazardly flung around my bedroom. My heart still felt like at any moment it would speed up again, almost like it was going to take flight. I tried to keep my body as close to his as possible, and he let me. He loved it as much as I did; he loved me as much as I loved him. I could see it in his eyes whenever he looked at me, and with the gentleness of his touch only an hour prior, I could feel his love too. I stopped tracing lines on his bicep to loop my arm through his bend one so I could snuggle closer to him. I wanted to feel his warmth beside me. He noticed my shift and lifted his arm up so I could sneak underneath it. When I was comfortable, he put it back down so it lie wrapped my torso, keeping me as close him as possible.

With our faces now only inches apart, I could feel his breath fan my face carefully. I rested my head onto the pillow near his head before looking up at his face. His golden brown eyes were hidden away by his eyelids, his hair was ruffled up from running his hands through it, and his mouth hung open a bit. I took the chance to lift my head and connect our lips once again, but only briefly, before I bit down on my own bottom lip and rested my head back down. His breathing went slightly array before he controlled it to its normal smooth rhythm.

"I love you, Reagan," he breathed, opening those beautiful eyes of his and staring down at me with such intense emotion I almost forgot what was surrounding him and the boys. I could almost forget he could get hurt within only a matter of a few hours from now.

"I love you too," I told him, snuggling closer to more of my skin made contact with his, "I really, really do."
♠ ♠ ♠
trying something new

thank you for reading!