Status: it is a horrible summary, but give it a chance.

The Protective Wolf

Chapter One

"This should be over there," Shelby commanded, pointing a slender finger on the other side of the room. I dramatically sat down at my desk, releasing a heavy sigh. My petite blonde idiot of a roommate stood before me, hands on her hips and foot tapping. She was exactly the kind of girl all the guys would be chasing after soon enough. As soon as she could leave this stuffy dorm room with its cement block walls and horribly colored tan carpet. "We can put the futon under my bed, the TV under yours-"

"And what?" I spoke up, my voice lacking too much emotion to sound healthy, "We put our desks in the hallway and our mini fridge in the bathroom, or would you like to put that up-" Unfortunately, I was cut off by the sound of knocking at our door. Shelby glared daggers at the closed door before snapping her green eyes at me, giving me a gesture to get the door. It was only a little hard to bite down the urge to point out who had been already standing and who had been sitting prior to this knock.

I sighed, already feeling that this roommate thing would be a failure before it even truly began. When I finally reached the door-I'd also like to note that my desk is as far as from the door as possible in our small room, I felt the urge to release yet another sigh. Standing out in the hallway was a girl absolutely identical to Shelby, except with brown eyes and brown hair down to her ass. She was also a little bigger than Shelby, but still managed to look like a stick. I gestured for her to enter the room before I sat back down at my desk. We will never move this furniture at this rate.

"Hey Bee," the girl squealed, wrapping her arms around my roommate's shoulders as they did a combination hug and air kisses, "I have news for you." I bit my bottom lip, grabbing onto my desk so I could spin myself to face it. Shelby gave her friend a nod before climbing onto the futon, which was currently wedged between our beds and also right smack dab in the center of our dorm room. I had had to climb over it to reach the door, which is also why I don't see why she couldn't have gotten the door. She wouldn't have had to climb over anything. "I have already located four of the hottest guys I have ever seen," the brunette paused for Shelby to react, but she never did, "and they live on the floor above you." That got a reaction.

"Oh my god," Shelby grinned, clapping her hands together, "let's go right now. You have to show me them. Did you meet them yet? What do they sound like? Do you have any names?" The two girls stood up in sync with one another, both with wide grins on their faces.

"I managed to say hi and get some names, yes, but I honestly was just focused on meeting my roommate at the time," the girl sighed, "which was a huge waste. She's stupid and her name is Molly. Such an ugly name." That got my attention.

"Wait, is it Molly Davis?" I asked.

"Uh," the brunette made a face at Shelby before the blond nodded, as if giving her permission to speak to me, "I think that's her name. Why?"

I shot out of my seat. By now their grins had dropped from their faces, but mine had just begun. "Perfect, I mean we don't appear to be getting along Shelby, and you," I gestured loosely at her, feeling a bit guilty not even knowing the girl's name, "already don't like Molly. We can switch roommates. I can room with Molly and you guys can room together. Molly's my best friend."

"Really?" the girl asked. I nodded. "Oh, well," she seemed a bit shocked at first before she recovered, "I'm fine with that. In fact I'd love it, how about you Shell?"

"Um," she turned to look at me with something in her eye that told me she would much rather have me as her roommate, but then it faded away and she smiled at me reassuringly, "I'm okay with it. You're right, Reagan, we probably wouldn't of worked well as roommates." I nodded, but a part of me felt bad about pushing her into this agreement. "Well, then we should tell whoever we have to and get this situated out. Um, Reags, you should call Molly or text her. She should be in the loop."

"Oh, yeah, I'll do that right now," I smiled, watching my possible ex-roommate to see how she was taking the idea of a switch, but she gave me no emotion, "and you guys should go check out those guys, then come back and we talk about it." I flashed them one last smile before climbing over the futon to reach my bed and grab my phone. The two burst into conversation once again and headed for the door.

"Hey Reags?" a voice spoke up from the slightly ajar door, "I'll be right back," Shelby smiled at me from the doorway, her phone clutched in her hand as she leaned against the door, "and we will be discussing these guys further. I promise to try and sneak some pictures. They probably won't be all that attractive." I unlocked my phone as she spoke.

"You go creep on them boys," I told her, before she nodded at me and went to meet her friend, wherever she'd gone off to. I looked down at my phone, noticing some missed calls from my parents and an encouraging text from my older brother, Parker. Ignoring it all, I sent a quick message for Molly to come down, along with my room number, then I waited.
----
By the time Shelby and her friend returned to our room, I had already told Molly the news and we'd already gotten it cleared with the people we had to. We'd also had the time to discuss when we'd head over for dinner and also what's new on Netflix currently. The answer to the latter is nothing. I was sitting once again at my desk and Molly, with her short golden hair and green eyes, lie comfortably sprawled out on the futon.

"Reags, you here?" Shelby called out from somewhere down the hall.

"Present," I piped up to answer, hoping we wouldn't annoy anyone with the shouting. I was honestly surprised that we were getting along swimmingly all of a sudden. It was like being roommates was too much pressure for us and we just needed to start off not so close in order to have an actual friendship.

"Perfect, mi amiga," Shelby cheered back, followed up by laughter of varying octaves. Hearing the slightly deeper laughs, Molly shot up from her position on the couch and flashed her wide eyes at me. She looked terrified, but I couldn't even point it out because so was I. "Guys, this is my roommate of a few hours, Reagan, and her best friend, Molly." Shelby spoke up, now standing in our room along with her friend. Suddenly four rather intimating, but attractive guys stood crowding in the doorway, all with large smiles on their faces. "Reags, Molly, this is Lukas, Markus, Jackson, and Hudson."

I noticed then all these boys had different eyes colors but two, and those two appeared to be twins. For the life of me, I couldn't tell which was which. I knew, based on who she gestured to, that the green eyed guy was Hudson, the blue guy was Jackson, and the last two had brown eyes and were Markus and Lukas. One of the brown eyed guys stepped forward with a smile.

"I'm Lukas," he spoke in a rather deep voice, "and that's Markus. We should probably wear name tags, but hopefully you'll catch on." I cocked my head, narrowing my blue eyes to examine Lukas. Hopefully there would be something about his appearance that set him apart of his brother. Lukas's eyes snapped over to mine at an alarming pace. The action made my body tense up. We stood there, our eyes searching each other's bodies for a few moments until Shelby moved to sit at her own desk not far from mine. Our desks were on one side of the room and our beds on the other.

I peeled my eyes from Lukas, who still watched me, and gave Shelby a smile. "So, we were planning on going to get some pizza later if you ladies would like to join us." Shelby's eyes flashed with expectation. I felt my gaze involuntarily shift back to Lukas whose brown eyes were still glued to searching my face as if he wanted to make a permanent memory of it. When he noticed me looking, a grin tugged onto his lips-one that showed off two rows of dazzling white teeth. I quickly averted my eyes to meet Molly's who gave me a shrug.

"Um, sure, we'd love to go," I answered.

"Perfect," Shelby beamed, "oh and that's Louise by the way." She gestured with a wiggle of her hand toward her brunette from earlier who was now practically leaning against Jackson. Not that he seemed to be struggling to support her nor did he seem to mind at all. Markus moved over and sat on the futon, his legs crossed with his back to the other boys and the door. He stared intently at Molly who shifted under the uncomfortable staring. I was beginning to think it's something all these boys do. "Until we leave, do you guys wanna take care of the room switch?"

"We already got it covered," Molly spoke up, "it was approved so all we have to do is move our stuff and then notify the CA of our new floors. Just so they know about the change."

"Great," Louise said, clapping her hands together and looking at Shelby, "wanna get started with the moving?"

"Okay, yeah," Shelby replied, looking around the room at us all like she was the teacher and we were her little first grade students, "the guys offered to help us move so we can just have two of them help you guys, and then the other two help us? That work?"

"Works for us," Jackson spoke, looping an arm around Louise's waist, "Markus and I will help Louise and Shelby."

"That's what I was thinking," Lukas spoke up, now that his unsettling staring was no longer on me but looking everywhere but me, "Hudson and I will help Reagan and Molly. We'll start now, right?" The boys seemed to take in every word he said and I couldn't help but to notice the authority ringing throughout his words. Shelby stood up from her seat, nodding.

With that, we began the move.
♠ ♠ ♠
read, comment, subscribe.
thank you.
(: